Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM News Another Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

VM News Another Price Increase

Old 08-07-2019, 01:22   #46
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

£4 increase coming up for me if I don't do anything. I do need to have a closer look at my account details though as it says my plan is going up £4pm from September 1st, but I think my discount is due to finish in September as well.

Are retention's now based away from the UK?
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2019, 10:26   #47
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Why don't you just cancel the tv side? The new Sky boxes will work with a Virgin internet connection.
How is that a good option price wise?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 00:38   #48
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

I have just checked and my discount finishes in September, so my monthly fee is going up including the price rise from £77 to £82.
I have Full House TV (XL), Vivid 100 Broadband and Phone Talk more anytime.

We are both over 65 but do not really want to trim the package, are we paying too much because I understand we can cancel the contract because of the above average price increase.
TIA
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 00:45   #49
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

You should phone detentions I am paying £76 for what you have but with Vivid 200, not sure when my deal runs out and haven't been notified of a price change yet.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:08   #50
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

We are paying £65 for virgin plus if you add Netflix we are paying all in £73.99

Virgin TV V6 Box
Full House TV (Xl)
M350 Fibre Broadband
Talk More Anytime

Our virgin contact is up in October and the price is set to go upto £92.00 (not added the price increase to this as not had email yet)

looking at

Aquiss FTTP 67/16 for £34 - 12-month minimum term (£17.00 a month, for the first 3 months)
Sky Entertainment & Ultimate On Demand + Netflix For £25 - 18-month minimum term
sipgatebasic Calls to UK landlines and mobiles For £9.95 No minimum term

Total £68.95

Last edited by Martin_D; 09-07-2019 at 03:31.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:45   #51
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

On the Aquiss website that packages is showing as £15 for 3 months then £30 for me.

Last edited by muppetman11; 09-07-2019 at 10:53.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:18   #52
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I couldn't see myself ditching VM broadband and going back to 60ish.

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
On the Aquiss website that packages is showing as £15 for 3 months then £30 for me.
There are 3 options of pricing for the upload, option 1 is only Average Speed 1.7Mbps (Up).
Old 09-07-2019, 11:36   #53
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

There are 3 options of pricing for the upload, option 1 is only Average Speed 1.7Mbps (Up).
Ok thanks hadn't noticed that , it depends what you use the internet for I guess our 76/20 connection is more than enough for our households use , many times we'll have multiple TV's watching Netflix or Amazon UHD with someone using the web and never really had any issues. I have the option of 300mb + from several providers but don't think my current use warrants the extra outlay.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 15:27   #54
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

No need for another increase, we pY enough
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 15:37   #55
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

just spoke with the retention team they said i can have £50 one off credit but will still get the increase :-(

Last edited by KillerCroc1; 09-07-2019 at 16:35.
KillerCroc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 16:14   #56
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

If VM don't care about you, why are they giving you a £50 one-off credit?
oliver1948uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 16:17   #57
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
If VM don't care about you, why are they giving you a £50 one-off credit?
i have issues with broadband they want me to pay for device support even though i don't need it but the £50 one off is good i didn't word my statement correct sorry about that
Old 09-07-2019, 17:41   #58
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroc1 View Post
i have issues with broadband they want me to pay for device support even though i don't need it but the £50 one off is good i didn't word my statement correct sorry about that
Kind of cancels out the price increase assuming this didn't start a new 12 month contract?

I've never heard of anyone having to pay VM for device support!
Old 09-07-2019, 17:49   #59
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Quote:
Kind of cancels out the price increase assuming this didn't start a new 12 month contract?

I've never heard of anyone having to pay VM for device support!
any time i have issues with broadband that they cant solve they want me to pay for device rescue even though my device is not the issue
Old 09-07-2019, 23:02   #60
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yah I set my line to 60Mbps down & 16Mbps up for a week the big problem is the Xbox very slow to download.

So am looking at keeping Virgin BB & Phone I have moved TV over to sky

1927B6A0-AFE3-4073-B5DE-4B3E005E9B35.png
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote