Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM News Another Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

VM News Another Price Increase

Old 11-07-2019, 21:11   #76
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
So I've just done a quick comparison for my address where BT Fibre is available

BT Ultrafibre Plus which would give me a speed range of "137Mb - 138Mb" is £54.99 a month including the line rental.

After the 12 month new customer offers, Virgin M200 with a Phone Line is £54 a month and M100 with a Phone is £49 a month. M350 and Phone is £59 a month.

So the price difference between VM and other providers isn't always where you may think it is.
To be fair a lot of the ISP's still aren't selling g.fast I'd imagine more will arrive soon I know Sky will be selling it before the end of the year and I'd expect Plusnet to also.

EE sell the service you have quoted for £42 a month.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2019, 21:41   #77
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I have called at different times recently, yesterday 9.10 am put through to India, yesterday afternoon 1.50pm India again. However, this morning at 8.45 am got straight through to Scotland (Customer relations)
Are you just assuming overseas base on accent? The Scotsman might be in Mumbai and the Indian in Leicester
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 22:57   #78
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Are you just assuming overseas base on accent? The Scotsman might be in Mumbai and the Indian in Leicester

The accents certainly a guide (you can't be native to Wales or Scotland without one) but I think the clues are more with the robotic and inflexible responses.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:51   #79
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

I had M350 and talk more anytime for the last 2 years for a flat £50. No increases. I’m sure there’s people out there that had similar even cheaper than that. It’s always worth a try to haggle. I know it’s boring but still worth it.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 19:37   #80
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

just phone ( CR ) said i was canceling my account got a £4.00 discount for 6 months i have 100mb & call weekend free phone all for £33.00 i will be calling again in December for another great deal i hope.
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 19:48   #81
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbow1956 View Post
just phone ( CR ) said i was canceling my account got a £4.00 discount for 6 months i have 100mb & call weekend free phone all for £33.00 i will be calling again in December for another great deal i hope.
Via uswitch that costs £27, maybe new customer only though.

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/sp...roadband+deals
Old 13-07-2019, 17:01   #82
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
The accents certainly a guide (you can't be native to Wales or Scotland without one) but I think the clues are more with the robotic and inflexible responses.
Exactly, you'd get more sense out of an AI system.

I know many Asians and even those with an accent sound totally different to the staff at these overseas call centres.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 12:09   #83
southlad
cf.member

southlad is on a distinguished roadsouthlad is on a distinguished road

I didn’t receive a price rise email or letter, have they all gone out now?
southlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 12:34   #84
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlad View Post
Not had anything either.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 13:16   #85
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Still don't have my increase email.
Old 14-07-2019, 14:18   #86
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

I don't want my increase email.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 17:24   #87
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I don't want my increase email.
It's your free chance to negotiate
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 21:48   #88
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlad View Post

I haven't had one either, however I am currently in a contract that runs out 7th September. I currently pay £71.50 for Full House tv with 2 V6 boxes, 200mb and basic land line. It goes up to £81.50 from September as stated on the contract.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 12:50   #89
livelysprite
cf.member

livelysprite is on a distinguished roadlivelysprite is on a distinguished road

Just got my price increase letter through the post. I think this is my last year with VM. I will be ditching my package (landline + broadband) next June. I will just get a good mobile phone and download anything I need such as youtube videos and then watch them on my desktop computer at home. I can get free wifi from my local council and university, although it will mean cycling 7 miles to get within range, still better than paying VM £40 a month.
livelysprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 13:04   #90
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelysprite View Post
Just got my price increase letter through the post. I think this is my last year with VM. I will be ditching my package (landline + broadband) next June. I will just get a good mobile phone and download anything I need such as youtube videos and then watch them on my desktop computer at home. I can get free wifi from my local council and university, although it will mean cycling 7 miles to get within range, still better than paying VM £40 a month.
Back to the dark ages then?

Why don't you just drop down to the minimum package?