Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 25-05-2017, 14:24   #4186
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Went to pay my credit card, had to update my bank card details as it was a new card, then tried to make a payment which was bigger than normal due to expensive new TV.

First the message on the screen said payment successful then after closing that box it said payment declined! I did the same again and it was declined once more.

So stressed me was now worried that 2 payments had gone through and cleared me out, so phoned my bank and explained the issue, and it turns out they now have a £2000 debit card limit for transactions and i needed to pay more than that!

Now if they had told me on the screen i wouldn't of had all this hassle, so i have now paid upto £2000 and need to wait until that clears before i can pay the remaining amount.
What a mix up for you
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-05-2017, 14:45   #4187
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Best of luck Den.
The doctor contacted the hospital consultant at the hospital this morning and thus l am having a scan tomorrow and thus until then l have been prescribed a anticoagulant.
Old 25-05-2017, 16:28   #4188
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Thanks for the update, Hope all goes well, Nash
Old 26-05-2017, 21:02   #4189
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Sister spent last night in A&E after having a seizure in her bedroom. Doctors think she may have epilepsy.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 21:10   #4190
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Sister spent last night in A&E after having a seizure in her bedroom. Doctors think she may have epilepsy.
Sorry to hear that, I hope the drs find asuitable treatment soon
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 21:22   #4191
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Best of luck Den.
l have had the scan and thankfully l do not have DVT but l have a skin condition which is affecting both legs currently and l have to see my GP again next week now.

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

Quote:
l hope and pray that she is alright Mark.
Old 27-05-2017, 12:08   #4192
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

My son has received his Tribunal date (20th June) with respect to his DLA to PIP transfer. He had been awarded almost no points, therefore lost his right to PIP. We were told that the wait would be several more months, but certain "test" cases would be called forward early to hit the DWP where it hurts, by "solidifying precedents previously set by other Tribunals at First and Second Levels".

So it seems his case is important to the Tribunal Service, and that makes us more anxious than during the whole process so far.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 12:35   #4193
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Hope your sister is alright Mark and that whatever is wrong with her is diagnosed quickly so that she can start managing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
snippet>l have had the scan and thankfully l do not have DVT but l have a skin condition which is affecting both legs currently and l have to see my GP again next week now.
Good news, I hope? Skin condition sounds so much better than a DVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
My son has received his Tribunal date (20th June) with respect to his DLA to PIP transfer. He had been awarded almost no points, therefore lost his right to PIP. We were told that the wait would be several more months, but certain "test" cases would be called forward early to hit the DWP where it hurts, by "solidifying precedents previously set by other Tribunals at First and Second Levels".

So it seems his case is important to the Tribunal Service, and that makes us more anxious than during the whole process so far.
Hang in there Taff, I would have thought that with your son's appeal being used as a 'test' Tribunal case it must be assumed to have a good chance of a positive outcome. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for him.
Old 27-05-2017, 13:11   #4194
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Hang in there Taff, I would have thought that with your son's appeal being used as a 'test' Tribunal case it must be assumed to have a good chance of a positive outcome. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for him.
There have been a few tribunal decisions over the past few months that DWP has responded to by moving the goalposts.

The Tribunal Service has decided to put their foot down hard, especially when any sudden changes by DWP may reflect badly on the upcoming election.

Fingers crossed.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 13:24   #4195
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have had the scan and thankfully l do not have DVT but l have a skin condition which is affecting both legs currently and l have to see my GP again next week now.
Hopefully you will be back to your old self soon den, take care.

Quote:
Hope your sister is alright Mark.

Quote:

Fingers crossed he gets PIP Taf, Good luck.
Old 27-05-2017, 15:13   #4196
nashville
nashville

Hope our son gets his PIP sorted out Taff, Den I hope you get treatment for your skin condition. Hope your sister is ok and gets things sorted out too Mark , Lot going on today, Take Care everyone
Old 27-05-2017, 16:15   #4197
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Thanks everyone, I am extremely worried about her. Nothing I can do though except wait and see, and be there for her. I've got a sneaky suspicion though it was drug related rather than epilepsy. She has her A Levels soon so I am suspecting she was using something to try and keep her awake to revise. Hopefully I am wrong on that, and hopefully it was just something heat related.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 20:05   #4198
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

Hope it goes better for you than you think. Most of the people we know via Osem Jnr #2 are better off under PIP.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 23:25   #4199
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Thanks everyone, I am extremely worried about her. Nothing I can do though except wait and see, and be there for her. I've got a sneaky suspicion though it was drug related rather than epilepsy. She has her A Levels soon so I am suspecting she was using something to try and keep her awake to revise. Hopefully I am wrong on that, and hopefully it was just something heat related.
Mark it could be something as innocent as energy drinks, at my son's school during exam time some of my son's friends including my son were drinking energy drinks or taken caffeine tablets called pro plus to say I went off my head at just how stupid he was being is a understatement and of course he was mad when I told the other boy's parents what our kids were doing. Children just see these as drinks and not realise the danger of these so called energy drinks. I showed my son this in the hope he see's that his Mum is not talking a load of dribble.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...k-told-7533905

Please everyone who has children tell them of the dangers of these so called drinks.

Last edited by weenie; 27-05-2017 at 23:29.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2017, 15:27   #4200
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

When will my neighbour learn that we don't break the law and we just want left alone!

Last Wednesday evening hubby allowed our son to reverse his car up our driveway while he was moving mine. Long story short we had a visit from the police stating that they had received a call saying that we were allowing our son who is 15 to drive on a public highway but were not willing to say who reported the incident. My eldest son took over as he is doing law and explained that our neighbour has a interdict against her, he showed them the dashcam footage in where they said that they were happy that no crime had been committed as this was clearly on private land, he also offered to them CCTV footage which they said was no need as they were satisfied that no crime had taken place. My eldest son said that he suspected that it was our neighbour who reported his brother and if his suspicion was correct would they please have a word with her as she knows this was private land due to the court case as both parties were in receipt of the surveys and he suggested the only crime that has been committed in his opinion was was by our neighbour and since he has given proof of our court case with our neighbour along with showing video footage, if his suspicion is correct and that she was the one who reported this incident surely this can be classed as wasteful employment of police time by knowingly making a false report since she knew this was our private property and not a public highway. When my son mentioned our neighbour again the police said so you have a disgruntled neighbour and my son said well you could say that but I can understand being upset at losing a court case and having to pay all costs but just because you have a interdict preventing you from harassing my parents that does not give you the right to use Police Scotland for harassment.

The police have since been at my neighbours house I can only hope that if it was her who reported my youngest son they take my eldest sons advice and explain to her about wasting police time and more importantly that she was the only one who committed a crime as she knew without doubt that this was private land as she has a copy of the land register (title deeds)

I think this proves our suspicion that this was once again my delightful neighbour trying to cause upset to us. I have asked my son if the police will now tell us if it was her that reported his brother and he said no but he is keeping a file just in case this should happen again then he said he will be asking the police to press charges as I really don't need this at the moment or anytime. Will this woman never learn how many times will it take for her to learn or is she really that unintelligent...

Anyway I have more things to worry about atm than this silly woman! but I just can't stop crying at the moment I just do not know how much I can take tbh.

Last edited by weenie; 29-05-2017 at 15:36.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote