Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Labour was responsible for anti-Semitic discrimination

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Labour was responsible for anti-Semitic discrimination

Old 29-10-2020, 15:21   #31
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Labour was responsible for anti-Semitic discrimination

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Indeed.

I can't believe the brass neck on starmer, he said bugger all when he was in the shadow cabinet.
Keeping his head down until he’d secured the top job I expect. You didn’t have to be a Corbynite to get on the Labour leadership ballot but it certainly helped if you hadn’t upset them too much. I think people quickly forget just how far Momentum’s tentacles spread through the Party apparatus during Corbyn’s tenure. Not that I’m defending Starmer. He should have spoken up yet apparently he didn’t.

I think we are now in for several months of highly entertaining factional warfare within Labour.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-10-2020, 15:23   #32
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Indeed.

I can't believe the brass neck on starmer, he said bugger all when he was in the shadow cabinet.
January 2018
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8168856.html
Quote:
Sir Keir Starmer has told Jeremy Corbyn to be “louder” in condemning antisemitism in the Labour Party.

The Shadow Brexit Secretary vowed to ask his party leader to be more vocal on the issue after a series of high-profile incidents involving Labour members being accused of expressing anti-Jewish views.
April 2018
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mitism-remarks
Quote:
Sir Keir Starmer has hit back at the trade union chief Len McCluskey for accusing Labour MPs complaining about antisemitism of “smearing” Jeremy Corbyn.

The shadow Brexit secretary suggested that those who denied the party had an issue with antisemitism were “part of the problem”.
February 2019
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...emitic-members
Quote:
The shadow Brexit secretary, Keir Starmer, has called for tough rules to swiftly kick out antisemitic Labour members, following rows at a shadow cabinet meeting over the party’s backlog of complaints.
Old 29-10-2020, 15:26   #33
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

He clearly didn't do enough,the odd whimper while plotting his rise to power won't get many brownie points.
Old 29-10-2020, 15:33   #34
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Quote:
He clearly didn't do enough,the odd whimper while plotting his rise to power won't get many brownie points.
Which is it?

The argument you're making is one that no-one ever manages, because the line to achieve it is always redrawn just ahead of whatever position the person currently has or the actions they've done.
Old 29-10-2020, 15:37   #35
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Which is it?

The argument you're making is one that no-one ever manages, because the line to achieve it is always redrawn just ahead of whatever position the person currently has or the actions they've done.
I read a report earlier today that said starmer did nothing [can't remember where it was]

now you say he did complain and show news articles,so now i ask did he complain enough or just enough to cover his own arse?
Old 29-10-2020, 15:45   #36
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Well considering he was also on the Parliamentary committee that produced this report

https://publications.parliament.uk/p...ff/136/136.pdf

It's something he's been aware of and critical of in Labour's stance for most of his time in parliament. And the need to ensure that everyone in the UK takes steps to ensure that antisemitism is rooted out.
Old 29-10-2020, 15:48   #37
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Well considering he was also on the Parliamentary committee that produced this report

https://publications.parliament.uk/p...ff/136/136.pdf

It's something he's been aware of and critical of in Labour's stance for most of his time in parliament. And the need to ensure that everyone in the UK takes steps to ensure that antisemitism is rooted out.
So he's been aware of it for a long time then.
Old 29-10-2020, 15:50   #38
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Yes, as my links have shown as he wouldn't have spoken out about it if he wasn't aware of it.

However he wasn't the leader, part of the leaders office or on the NEC. All of which are responsible for the mechanisms within the Labour party and have had problems with members and their attitude towards antisemitism.

Ultimately it is those parts of the party that are responsible for the discrimination and failure to deal with it.

Last edited by BenMcr; 29-10-2020 at 15:53.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2020, 15:53   #39
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Yes, as my links have shown as he wouldn't have spoken out about it if he wasn't aware of it.

However he wasn't the leader, part of the leaders office or on the NEC. All of which are responsible for the mechanisms within the Labour party and have had problems with members and their attitude towards antisemitism.
Just a foot soldier then.
Old 29-10-2020, 15:59   #40
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Just a foot soldier then.
Interfering in the confidential party processes is precisely the issue that the report says the leader's office did inappropriately.

As a Brexit Secretary has no role within party discipline that I could see, then I wouldn't expect him to be involved any part of the complaints.

Nor could I see why he would be aware of them at the time (excluding any high profile ones that were in the public domain). The Leader's office shouldn't have been aware of some of them, and my understanding on one of the issues is that they were.

He has spoken out over the last 4 years about issues that affect his party that he was aware of including with the actions of his leader at the time.

Last edited by BenMcr; 29-10-2020 at 16:02.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2020, 16:27   #41
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The Campaign Against Antisemitism, which was a complainant in the EHRC investigation, has submitted complaints today about Labour MPs such as Corbyn, Diane Abbott, Rebecca Long-Bailey.

The list of MPs with CAA complaints against them also includes current frontbencher Steve Reed, who suggested in July that Tory donor Richard Desmond was a “puppet master”, and deputy leader Angela Rayner.
From HERE

Full list of MPs etc. accused :-

Diane Abbott MP
Tahir Ali MP
Mike Amesbury MP
Alana Bates
Apsana Begum MP
Richard Burgon MP
Ronnie Campbell
Maria Carroll
Pamela Fitzpatrick
Lisa Forbes
Barry Gardiner MP
Ruth George
Rebecca Gordon-Nesbitt
Dan Greef
Adrian Heald
Kate Hollern MP
Rebecca Jenkins
Afzal Khan MP
Kate Linnegar
Rebecca Long Bailey MP
Mark McDonald
Ali Milani
Ed Murphy
Jann Oliver
Baroness Osamor
Jenny Rathbone WAM
Angela Rayner MP
Steve Reed MP
Lloyd Russell-Moyle MP
Barry Sheerman MP
Jim Sheridan
Zarah Sultana MP
Old 29-10-2020, 17:39   #42
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Labour wring hands over antisemitism like rumbled Nazis at end of WW2

TODAY is a truly dark day for British politics. Forget Brexit, forget the EU, and forget COVID-19 for a moment. A leading British political party - the Labour Party - stands guilty of giving succour to racists and Jew-haters everywhere.

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...starmer-rayner
Old 29-10-2020, 18:33   #43
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Well guess I'm back to the Green party..
Old 29-10-2020, 18:52   #44
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Apparently the party leadership advised Corbyn not to make the statement he did. They then advised him to retract it, but he didn’t. The man really doesn’t get it. It’s no wonder things got so out of control under his leadership.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2020, 19:27   #45
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Apparently the party leadership advised Corbyn not to make the statement he did. They then advised him to retract it, but he didn’t. The man really doesn’t get it. It’s no wonder things got so out of control under his leadership.
He was effectively daring Starmer to do this.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote