Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 15-11-2021, 10:02   #5536
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Red Notice - 6/10.

Good fun, obviously set up for a series, good lightweight Saturday night film.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-11-2021, 10:43   #5537
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Last Night in Soho - 8/10.

Good film. Made all the more fun in that I watched it in Soho so you're watching streets that you took on the way to the cinema. Edgar Wright doesn't make bad films.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2021, 21:07   #5538
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I loved Red Notice. As it was Ryan Reynolds I was expecting a large number of gags and riffs. He has become Deadpool in real life.
He’s always been like that. Blade 3 he is practically Deadpool.

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Also watched Shang Chi, very enjoyable but Ben Kingsley! What part of Liverpool was he supposed to be from? Small heath!

I don’t remember him being so bad in Iron Man 3.

I think I’ll probably wait for Eternals to land on D+ but I’ll be going to the pictures to watch Ghostbusters.
Old 19-11-2021, 20:49   #5539
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Ghostbusters Afterlife - 8/10

Fantastic film in its own right. But excellent as a Ghostbusters sequel and way to continue the franchise. The new main vast are all Fantastic, especially Mckenna Grace. Already seen it twice.
Old 19-11-2021, 22:30   #5540
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Ghostbusters Afterlife - 8/10

Fantastic film in its own right. But excellent as a Ghostbusters sequel and way to continue the franchise. The new main vast are all Fantastic, especially Mckenna Grace. Already seen it twice.
If the last Ghostbusters I saw was Ghostbusters II should I watch Ghostbusters 2016 first or can I skip it?
Old 19-11-2021, 23:07   #5541
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
If the last Ghostbusters I saw was Ghostbusters II should I watch Ghostbusters 2016 first or can I skip it?
Skip it, for 1 it's not very good at all and 2 it's nothing to do with this GB universe. This is a true sequel and also passing of the torch from the 80s busters. Just rematch GB1 if you haven't seen it recently.

Also stay till the end of the credits.
Old 19-11-2021, 23:12   #5542
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Ghostbusters 2016 was abysmal and is a perfect example of why films shouldn't be made for the sake of PC
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 00:08   #5543
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

The Matrix (1999): 10/10

Odeon have brought it back just before the new one gets released. It was amazing seeing it on the big screen again. I can remember seeing it all those years ago and being blown away by the concept. There was silence as everyone exited the cinema and all you could hear people saying to the people they were with was "do you think we could be in the matrix and we don't know it".........
Old 06-12-2021, 02:25   #5544
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Yeah it's on at Cuenworld too. I might give it another blast in the cinema.
Old 16-12-2021, 00:41   #5545
General Maximus
Ran Away

Spider-man: No Way Home: 10/10

Well well well, what an amazing surprise. My expectations were high for this film but they were blown out of the water. The trailers made the film look good but they barely scratched the surface and didn't give anything away at all.
I will go so far as to say that all the anger and frustration we expressed when Marvel and Sony had their falling out over $$$ was worth it because they have paid it all back with interest. The storytelling in this film is just absolute genius. You may have been wondering since Endgame if the MCU was going to slowly fade away with the established big characters like Iron Man, Thor and Captain America having left and this being Spider-man's last film but once again they have raised it to a whole new level and when you compare it to Eternals which is the most recent release you just can't believe they are part of the same franchise. This film is a testament to what you can achieve when you collaborate, work together and want to make magic.

I can't really say anything without giving things away but there is a lovely surprise quite early on in the film and later on there are two moments when everyone in my screen spontaneously erupted with cheer and applause. It felt like I was in an American cinema.

The post credit scenes are always fun to watch but out of all the ones we have had I would say the two at the end of this film are the most exciting and on par with Infinity War. They are an absolute must see.

In summary, the extremely high standards you expect from Marvel, fantastic comedy, action, visual effects, story telling on a whole new level, several jaw dropping moments and you honestly come away from the film say "I want more now now now". This is what we have been missing and looking forward to for the last 2 years.
Old 16-12-2021, 00:47   #5546
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Thor has not left
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 09:57   #5547
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Thor has not left
He has mostly. It is my understanding that he is only in the next film so he can hand over the reins to the next Thor (female).
Old 16-12-2021, 11:08   #5548
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
He has mostly. It is my understanding that he is only in the next film so he can hand over the reins to the next Thor (female).
So he has not left then. Chris Pratt has even said it is not definate that he is not in Guardians 3 yet too
Old 16-12-2021, 19:52   #5549
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Chris Pratt has even said it is not definate that he is not in Guardians 3 yet too
of course he is going to be. It isn't Guardians of the Galaxy without Chris Pratt.
Old 16-12-2021, 21:32   #5550
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
of course he is going to be. It isn't Guardians of the Galaxy without Chris Pratt.
he was referring to Thor

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/249...ris-pratt-said