Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 06-08-2021, 21:52   #316
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Hey guys there's another older thread for you to take your circular arguments to rather than having this one closed down or shunted off too!

As well as Now's current offer of 10 months sport for £20 a month which @RichardCoulter kindly posted about they are also offering 12 months sports for an upfront £200, which works out to half price at £17 a month, because I still had a month to go on my current offer I had to get their chat service to activate this offer for me, but I believe this link will get you it if you have less than one month to go on any current sports offer you may have:-

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/checkout/summary?voucher[]=SPMCWDC9QWHX
buckeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2021, 23:32   #317
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Why lumber yourself with Virgin or Sky then , much easier to purchase a Freesat or Freeview recorder and dip into streamers as you want.

So far we've tried nearly all of them and can honestly say the only one we watch weekly is Netlfix , we've tried and cancelled Britbox , Apple TV + cancelled , have a 6 month free trial of Discovery + that will get cancelled , have Disney + we won't renew after our annual sub expires. How long before half these streamers realise its a struggle to keep people.

Yesterday it was on the BBC about the popularity of streaming with a family saying they had originally had around 6 services which they now had down to 4 and they envisaged cutting that further.
I only use my Virgin TV for live sports. I pay for Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ and Discovery+, but only use Disney+ for general entertainment. My mum and dad use Netflix, Discovery+ is mainly for Olympics coverage and Amazon is for delivery and Music.
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:18   #318
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Hey guys there's another older thread for you to take your circular arguments to rather than having this one closed down or shunted off too!

As well as Now's current offer of 10 months sport for £20 a month which @RichardCoulter kindly posted about they are also offering 12 months sports for an upfront £200, which works out to half price at £17 a month, because I still had a month to go on my current offer I had to get their chat service to activate this offer for me, but I believe this link will get you it if you have less than one month to go on any current sports offer you may have:-

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/checkout/summary?voucher[]=SPMCWDC9QWHX
More proof, if ever it were required, that Sky are just as well placed to move into the streaming market should they see fit.

I don’t see any plucky streamers rushing to sell you a season of Premiership football for £17 a month. Probably double if Italy is anything to go by with DAZN trebling their monthly fee.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:38   #319
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
More proof, if ever it were required, that Sky are just as well placed to move into the streaming market should they see fit.

I don’t see any plucky streamers rushing to sell you a season of Premiership football for £17 a month. Probably double if Italy is anything to go by with DAZN trebling their monthly fee.
depends on what you mean by plucky hahahaha
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 16:27   #320
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

With all these streaming services popping up it can be hard to keep track of stuff so thought this might help you guys out i use a free tvshow/movie tracking site called trakt.tv it will tell you what show/movie is on which service you build your watchlist etc up on it and just use it to keep track.
Hope it helps.
Old 09-08-2021, 16:42   #321
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Have they? That's news to me.
They've hidden behind an unnamed VM spokesman being quoted by third party websites, they've not issued a press release. I do believe they will though given O2 was the mobile launch partner for Disney+.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 16:55   #322
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Whatever happened to Sky Q via broadband?
They applied for Sky X as a UK trademark on 27th of January this year so it does seem to be in the works.
https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tm.../UK00003585756
TimeLord2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 17:48   #323
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
They applied for Sky X as a UK trademark on 27th of January this year so it does seem to be in the works.
https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tm.../UK00003585756
Sexier sounding than their Sky by Wire service that the likes of Tiscali used to market for them.
Old 09-08-2021, 17:59   #324
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Interesting Topic,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 18:20   #325
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Sexier sounding than their Sky by Wire service that the likes of Tiscali used to market for them.
It also appears Sky over the internet in Germany is different to Sky X in Austria.

Sky X in Austria is month to month cancel anytime like Now.

Sky IP in Germany is a 12 month contract.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2021, 22:15   #326
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Comcast and ViacomCBS announce “SkyShowtime”, a new streaming service to launch in select European markets

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/artic...ropean-markets
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2021, 22:34   #327
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Comcast and ViacomCBS announce “SkyShowtime”, a new streaming service to launch in select European markets

You beat me to it lol.
Old 19-08-2021, 00:02   #328
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Launching in all the markets without a Sky satellite presence.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2021, 00:24   #329
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Certainly knits the companies closer together. I wonder if the two companies will eventually merge.
Old 19-08-2021, 00:31   #330
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Certainly knits the companies closer together. I wonder if the two companies will eventually merge.
Running a joint venture in other markets means they don't have to merge. Which gets around the problem of what to do with the US networks.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote