Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 24-09-2020, 12:02   #121
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris James View Post
My Ch4HD is 104 so quite easy to remember
Not for every region. Still 141 up here.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-09-2020, 15:59   #122
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Not here either.
Old 25-09-2020, 14:05   #123
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I've heard that some are saying that Red Button doesn't work on 360s.
Red Button works fine on the services I have tried.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 14:24   #124
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I've heard that some are saying that Red Button doesn't work on 360s.
Red Button works fine on the services I have tried.
So to be more specific, on the V6 there's
a) Connected Red Button by pressing red on the BBC channels
b) Accessing the apps via the apps menu
c) 991 to access the broadcast SD red button channel

How many of these work on TV360?
Old 25-09-2020, 15:23   #125
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

a - does not work but I understand that the service is to close soon. The original closure was delayed. The watch now option on BBC channels gives option of watch live or watch programme from start. BBC News and Sport apps are available but they are due to close to - the live sport is now meant to be a part of iPlayer.
b - there are apps in the apps menu - not sure what you mean here in relation to the red button
c - 991 is Red Button channel in SD

My point was that the Sky Sports and BT Sports Red Button options are available - matching the V6. Hopefully Eurosport will work to this weekend.

You don't use Red Button for Netflix and Amazon from guide - as they auto load from guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
So to be more specific, on the V6 there's
a) Connected Red Button by pressing red on the BBC channels
b) Accessing the apps via the apps menu
c) 991 to access the broadcast SD red button channel

How many of these work on TV360?

Last edited by ozsat; 25-09-2020 at 15:31.
Old 25-09-2020, 16:27   #126
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
a - does not work but I understand that the service is to close soon. The original closure was delayed. The watch now option on BBC channels gives option of watch live or watch programme from start. BBC News and Sport apps are available but they are due to close to - the live sport is now meant to be a part of iPlayer.
b - there are apps in the apps menu - not sure what you mean here in relation to the red button
c - 991 is Red Button channel in SD

My point was that the Sky Sports and BT Sports Red Button options are available - matching the V6. Hopefully Eurosport will work to this weekend.

You don't use Red Button for Netflix and Amazon from guide - as they auto load from guide.
You answered what I meant by b) in the 2nd half of your response to a), i.e. any video content people associate with being on Red Button like sport is being integrated into iPlayer.

What I meant by a) isn't the Text Services that are closing, I'm talking about the "bridge" itself that loads when you press red that allows you to launch the TV News and Sport apps, restart the current programme or highlights specific events and programmes. I expect this to continue when the TV News and Sports apps close and simply be redesigned to point to News and Sport video content within iPlayer. The BBC already said News and Sport (not just live) video content would be rehoused within iPlayer. So I'm asking if the "bridge" works on TV360. If Live Restart is working it sounds like it is.
Old 25-09-2020, 18:21   #127
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
You answered what I meant by b) in the 2nd half of your response to a), i.e. any video content people associate with being on Red Button like sport is being integrated into iPlayer.

What I meant by a) isn't the Text Services that are closing, I'm talking about the "bridge" itself that loads when you press red that allows you to launch the TV News and Sport apps, restart the current programme or highlights specific events and programmes. I expect this to continue when the TV News and Sports apps close and simply be redesigned to point to News and Sport video content within iPlayer. The BBC already said News and Sport (not just live) video content would be rehoused within iPlayer. So I'm asking if the "bridge" works on TV360. If Live Restart is working it sounds like it is.
1. There is no red button service on the 360 with the exception of the sports channels as far as I can tell (i.e. no press red icon on screen on BBC, Sky channels, etc). Pressing red on any channel other than on SKy Sports or BT Sport does nothing (at present).

2. There is no press blue to go to HD - it's not required as the SD variants have been removed for most channels (e.g. E4HD is on 106, no Sky1 SD, no Sky Witness SD etc.). Channel 4 SD is still on 104 though (other than in areas where it's already been swapped).

3. There is no press yellow to go to +1 (you can, however, order channels any way you like - you don't need to stick with the default EPG order)

4. Apps (Netflix etc.) are available via the Apps menu or by going to channel 205 etc. as on the V6. Netfix, Amazon and You Tube auto load from the channel (no need to press red as already noted earlier).

5. BBC red button is on channel 991 as on the V6.

Last edited by paul0363; 25-09-2020 at 18:34.
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 10:20   #128
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Red Button link is working on Eurosport to load the Roland Garros 4K/HDR feed.
Old 28-09-2020, 14:39   #129
bluecatt73
cf.member

Services: M250 Broadband, Mega TV, Sky Sports HD, Netflix, Disney+
bluecatt73 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're watching a recording from a series, and you've already recorded the next episode, the next episode auto plays (a la Netflix, etc) unless you override it. Can't see a way to turn this off in settings. Wouldn't be so bad, but it would have cut the earlier episode short if I hadn't stopped it!
bluecatt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 19:30   #130
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecatt73 View Post
If you're watching a recording from a series, and you've already recorded the next episode, the next episode auto plays (a la Netflix, etc) unless you override it. Can't see a way to turn this off in settings. Wouldn't be so bad, but it would have cut the earlier episode short if I hadn't stopped it!
Not good for anything with during or post-credits content.
Old 02-10-2020, 20:02   #131
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

News from VM in Ireland.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2020...d-tv-platform/
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:23   #132
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcB View Post
isnt that a normal v6 box in the picture?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:27   #133
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
They have the same casing
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:59   #134
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
The main box looks the same as the V6. The mini is half the height (as it doesn't contain a hard drive).

In fact I think the boxes (V6 and 360) are identical in hardware terms - it's just the firmware that's different (and the remote!).
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 14:49   #135
bluecatt73
cf.member

Services: M250 Broadband, Mega TV, Sky Sports HD, Netflix, Disney+
bluecatt73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
The main box looks the same as the V6. The mini is half the height (as it doesn't contain a hard drive).

In fact I think the boxes (V6 and 360) are identical in hardware terms - it's just the firmware that's different (and the remote!).
The remote's very different (and much nicer IMO).
bluecatt73 is offline   Reply With Quote