Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 05-08-2009, 18:25   #2581
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
re: Rate the last movie you saw

The Ugly Truth 10/10 very funny and well worth watching. LINKY
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2009, 18:54   #2582
xpod
Inactive

Services: TV,Phone & BB
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal

The Taking of Pelham 123....7 /10.
Knowing....7/10
Transformers 2....7/10

I see a pattern emerging.
I think i need to stop having Internet enabled devices around when watching movies.They never seem quite as interesting.
xpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 14:20   #2583
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

Che part 1. Really annoying the way it skips from the 'present' to the past a lot. The action is repeatative (but I suppose war is isn't it), and it does drag on a bit, and oh my God, there's part 2 yet... It was OK though 6/10
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:50   #2584
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauzjp View Post
Che part 1. Really annoying the way it skips from the 'present' to the past a lot. The action is repeatative (but I suppose war is isn't it), and it does drag on a bit, and oh my God, there's part 2 yet... It was OK though 6/10

Well it is really about his life. A very interesting life at that.
SB_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 18:04   #2585
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

GI Joe - 4/10 - pure popcorn movie, but too many cliches for my liking (and I usually like films like this)

Mutant Chronicles - 3/10 - unrelentlessly bleak
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 22:48   #2586
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

My Name is Bruce

Missus and I just watched it, we both enjoyed it, laughed out loud a bit, but I'm sure that was at the obvious references we got.

The film has mixed reviews, but (trying to avoid spoilers) that's to be expected as it's more or less aimed at Bruce Campbell's fans rather than "average Joe".

Glad we watched it, for £5 on DVD it's good, but saying that, glad we didn't spend £15 - £20 for the pair of us to see it at the cinema.

As most ppl say, for the serious Bruce fans only, so it's hard to score out of 10!

6/10, more or if you're a die hard fan, less if you're reading this thinking Bruce Who ?
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 23:15   #2587
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Groovy
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 18:36   #2588
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I took Natalie to see the time travellers wife. Which was very good just depressing at the end. 6/10

I've just ordered the book from the RNIB talking book thing so well see if that's any better.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 06:41   #2589
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

"The cellar door" - pile o' crap

Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 23:41   #2590
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Inglourious Basterds 10/10

Absolutely brilliant film, which happens to be a Tarantino film, for a lot of it isn't obvious it's one of his films, but now and again it is, probably the funnier parts

A word of warning, if you don't like "foreign films" you may not like it, a lot more subtitles than I was expecting (but then I wasn't expecting any). I deliberately haven't read anything about it.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 13:41   #2591
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Twilight - 8/10

I wasn't expecting to like it at all but I loved it.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 13:50   #2592
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
twilight - 8/10

i wasn't expecting to like it at all but i loved it.
team twilight :>
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 11:31   #2593
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

District 9 - 8/10

Such an excellent film. It's directed and written by Neill Blomkamp who was set to direct the Halo movie.

This was made because Peter Jackson thought that he should help him out with making another film, so he earned $30m for the budget. The lead is excellent in his role too, especially for his first acting job. I truely recommend it to anyone.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 11:35   #2594
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Knowing

Odd ending, but otherwise quite watchable.

7/10
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 18:07   #2595
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

The Crew - 8/10

Liverpool gangster flick, well done like most British gangster films.
SB_07 is offline   Reply With Quote