Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 00:55   #4951
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
You're so principled you'll sell out for a few hundred quid off the family holiday.
nope, I’m not aware of discounts available but if you know of some send them through and I’ll have a look.

I’m also not principled. I said in my very first post on the subject and reiterated several times, that if I had to vaccinate the kids for foreign I, reluctantly, would. I don’t think it’s necessary or right, but if that’s the rules say be it. My point is that there is no evidence that , that should be a requirement.
Old 02-05-2021, 00:59   #4952
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I'm struggling to read that as a coherent sentence to be honest, and you accuse me of being on the booze!

Quote:
My point is that there is no evidence that , that should be a requirement.
???

Evidence has been there to slap you over the face with inevitability before so I'm not sure your benchmark of Covid denial serves wider public health.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:04   #4953
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Another post of selective quotes because you cannot address the point. It's embarrassing to see.
Another post that wasn’t worth posting. You’re the gift that fails to give, every time.

Quote:
At least a Dubai holiday is the price of your principles and not Benidorm I suppose. God bless capitalism - the easiest way to control the prolateriat is by their pocket.
Well, proletariat aside, I’m just looking at places to go in October. Benidorm as nice as I’m sure it is, in October won’t be as good.

I could easily swap Dubai for Tenerife (or another Canary Island), or Gambia. I didn’t go Far East as I don’t want a long flight.

So you see my decisions are purely weather and flight time based. Does that not fit with your Marxist ideology?
Old 02-05-2021, 01:09   #4954
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Lovely tourist ideas, little coherent thought as to dealing with Coronavirus. Unsurprising.

I'll stick to TripAdvisor for tourism.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:14   #4955
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Re: Coronavir

Quote:
I'm struggling to read that as a coherent sentence to be honest, and you accuse me of being on the booze!
Point taken, One finger typing with auto correct has never been a skill I’ve possessed.

I have corrected the statement below

Quote:
I’m also not principled. I said in my very first post on the subject and reiterated several times, that if I had to vaccinate the kids for a foreign holiday. I, reluctantly, would. I don’t think it’s necessary or right, but if that’s the rules then so be it. My point is that there is no evidence that it should be a requirement.
Quote:
I'm not sure your benchmark of Covid denial serves wider public health.
I’ve never been a Covid denier.

---------- Post added at 00:14 ---------- Previous post was at 00:13 ----------

Quote:
I'll stick to TripAdvisor for tourism.
You’re missing out.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:21   #4956
jfman
Architect of Ideas

I've no interest in your ability to go back and produce a coherent sentence upon being challenged to do so.

It's telling that it appears to be your strongest point in the debate. Well, above naming tourist locations you'd vaccinate your kids to go to.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:06   #4957
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I've no interest in your ability to go back and produce a coherent sentence upon being challenged to do so.

It's telling that it appears to be your strongest point in the debate. Well, above naming tourist locations you'd vaccinate your kids to go to.
If I genuinely felt strongly about not having my children vaccinated, giving up foreign holidays would be a price I'd be willing to pay.

However, if I didn't and just wanted to sound controversial on an internet forum then my so called vaccination principles would be out the window and running down the road the moment it got in the way of a couple of weeks fun in the sun - because after all, why should I let MY children stop ME from having MY holiday.

Don't know why but I'm typing this and a French sounding name keeps drifting through my mind
Old 02-05-2021, 10:58   #4958
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

How about debating rather than point scoring?
Old 02-05-2021, 14:40   #4959
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Don't know why but I'm typing this and a French sounding name keeps drifting through my mind
Jean Michel Jarre, Oxygene Pt IV ?
Old 02-05-2021, 22:14   #4960
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Jean Michel Jarre, Oxygene Pt IV ?
It was probably a Kellogg's advert on the TV
Old 04-05-2021, 10:00   #4961
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

We have cautiously booked our first big work meeting for the end of September - the first time I have seen my boss in real life in 18 months as he is based in Germany.

Never thought I would miss work travel but I am really looking forward to this one!
Old 04-05-2021, 10:09   #4962
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
We have cautiously booked our first big work meeting for the end of September - the first time I have seen my boss in real life in 18 months as he is based in Germany.

Never thought I would miss work travel but I am really looking forward to this one!
Which country is your meeting being held in? The UK?
Old 04-05-2021, 11:15   #4963
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Which country is your meeting being held in? The UK?
Probably Germany at this point with an outside chance of Sweden instead. Either works for me, I like both!
Old 05-05-2021, 11:10   #4964
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

For information, if you use the NHS App, your COVID inoculations are now recorded on there.

Home Screen, then chose "View your GP health record", then select "Immunisations", and this comes up.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg NHSappImmunisations.jpg (43.4 KB, 68 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:37   #4965
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
For information, if you use the NHS App, your COVID inoculations are now recorded on there.

Home Screen, then chose "View your GP health record", then select "Immunisations", and this comes up.

Only of your GP allows it. Mine shows diddly squat....
Closed Thread