Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Boxing 2013

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Boxing 2013

Old 28-03-2013, 00:07   #31
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Boxing 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
So Price gets wiped out, good riddance, he deserves it. You simply cannot expect to be a world beater when you're constantly fighting bums, fair enough I've made no secret in slating Price at every opportunity but now you see why, he's utter crap as is Tyson Fury. The pair of them consistently claim they will be World Champions and neither of them are even close to good. Price and Fury talked a lot of crap about Haye too and how they'd beat him, Sorry Price but you wouldn't want to be in the same city as Haye after that.

Price is done. 15-1 against unknown fighters and knocked out by a bum. British Heavyweight boxing is done with for a while unless Haye and Vitali can do something.
you'll be pleased to hear that a rematch is announced for Price. David Price v Tony Thompson - 6th July at Echo Arena in Liverpool
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2013, 06:22   #32
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

What that rubbish.
Old 28-03-2013, 11:06   #33
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
you'll be pleased to hear that a rematch is announced for Price. David Price v Tony Thompson - 6th July at Echo Arena in Liverpool
Haye returns today and assuming he returns at Heavyweight then Price and Fury will be leapfrogged immediately. Better yet maybe Fury can grow a pair and call Haye out like he did when Haye was retired.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:24   #34
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

British Boxing Board defends tests.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/22057033
Old 13-04-2013, 12:04   #35
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

So then things are starting to get close.

Amir Khan
Floyd Mayweather
David Haye.

Amir Khan vs Julio Díaz is the 27th of this month.

1st look at it, simple for Khan all the way. Diaz is veteran but is not a top level fighter, he's knocked out bums but again that's nothing to worry about. Khan needs to get into the habit of sticking to the gameplan and let Diaz bury himself, the same thing he did with Molina. Khan needs this practice and when he learns to execute a gameplan fully for an entire 12 rounds then he'll be ready to take out Garcia/Bradley or anyone else in front of him. Khan isn't weak he's just stupid and cocky. Garcia fluked it and I truly believe that regardless of what anyone says, Garcia was being absolutely dismantled until Khan's cockyness kicked in.

Mayweather vs Robert Guerrero is the 4th May

I think it'll be an easy fight for Mayweather and will do nothing more to solidify his status as one of if not the best of this generation.

David Haye vs ???

Unknown opponent yet but I doubt it will be a Klitschko otherwise it would have leaked already. Regardless of opponent it's likely Haye will floor him inside 6. I'm confident Haye could drop either Klitschko too but it's getting to them. Can't knock em out if you fail to land for an entire fight and just get jabbed out. Haye will be pushing to make himself the mandatory challenger for either brother but like I've said, if Haye doesn't get in the ring at least twice this year then I feel Vitali will be out of the question and retire.
Old 21-04-2013, 09:58   #36
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Tyson Fury knocks out Steve Cunningham in New York.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/22235044
Old 27-04-2013, 22:08   #37
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Fraudley Harrison gets another bashing then.

Khan up now.
Old 27-04-2013, 22:17   #38
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

missed this, didn't even realise he was fighting today thanks adz
Old 27-04-2013, 22:18   #39
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Fraudley Harrison gets another bashing then.

Old 28-04-2013, 00:17   #40
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Scary fight for Khan but there's a lot of work to do before he starts gobbing off about Garcia.
Old 28-04-2013, 00:31   #41
thenry
Inactive

entertaining stuff. Amirs mental.
Old 28-04-2013, 00:57   #42
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Oh dear. This fight, and the previous fight, were supposed to be easy learning fights for Khan to adapt to his new fighting style and to help re-build confidence. Being on the canvas and being rocked about 3 or 4 more times doesn't help. At times it looked like he was holding on for dear life. Very close decision for Khan in the end. Whilst Khan is great to watch, this should have been an easy nights work. Forget all the spin on Boxnation, Khan needs to have a long hard look at himself. I can't see him returning to elite level however he can't keep on fighting guys like Molina and Diaz forever. I just don't know where he goes.

Boxrec have Brandon Rios, Mike Alvarado and Lucas Matthysse ranked directly above Khan at light welterweight. I think all 3 stop him, or hurt him badly. There is no point moving up to welterweight either. I can't see him handling the likes of Mayweather, Marquez, Bradley, Guerrero, Pacman, Alexander or Provodnikov.

Khan Vs. Brook?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 03:24   #43
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Unless we see a huge improvement in his next fight I don't see where Khan goes at all.
Old 28-04-2013, 06:50   #44
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Unless we see a huge improvement in his next fight I don't see where Khan goes at all.
Exactly as he is in my mind a busted flush who is finished at the very highest level.
Old 29-04-2013, 06:38   #45
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Garcia and Bradley's days are numbered

Bradley fight's Marquez next, Bradley is similar to Khan, very quick hands but can't take a punch for crap, he was wobbled so many times in his last fight and was down eventually but nicked it on points. If Marquez catches him I feel he won't get as lucky but I also feel if Marquez doesn't drop him then Bradley will win on points regardless of any knockdowns or dominance by Marquez.

Garcia is iffy for me, no idea what's gonna happen to him when he comes up against someone with speed and can take a punch.. basically a repeat of the Khan fight but his counter left not counting for anything.