Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT Group buys ESPN Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

BT Group buys ESPN Channels

Old 26-02-2013, 08:30   #16
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: BT Group buys ESPN Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Not yet it doesnt as no offcial annoument has been made so is still speculation

I would say it's offical enough being as it's on Espn's website!

I cant see that Chad. I can see Sky having BT Sports HD but i cant see Sky giving BT Sky Sports 1-4 HD
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2013, 08:43   #17
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

BT Sports will end up on Sky that's defo however in my opinion it will be at an additional cost like ESPN currently , however I think the monthly charge will be higher , holding back HD won't happen either otherwise people simply won't subscribe its that simple.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 09:06   #18
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

It will be on sky of that there is no doubt but as to what the cost will be only time will tell. I personally think it will be about the same as ESPN is now,maybe a couple of pounds more. Hopefully it will all be revealed sooner rather than later.
Old 26-02-2013, 10:34   #19
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
BT Sports will end up on Sky that's defo however in my opinion it will be at an additional cost like ESPN currently , however I think the monthly charge will be higher , holding back HD won't happen either otherwise people simply won't subscribe its that simple.
so why sky wih holding hd channels MM
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 10:48   #20
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
so why sky wih holding hd channels MM
Haven't a clue , that's something you'd have to ask them.
Old 26-02-2013, 10:53   #21
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Haven't a clue , that's something you'd have to ask them.
if bt did with hold the HD channels from sky they would have no cause of compliant as sky kings of with holding channels not that I expect bt to do skys tricks though
Old 26-02-2013, 11:09   #22
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
if bt did with hold the HD channels from sky they would have no cause of compliant as sky kings of with holding channels not that I expect bt to do skys tricks though
BT has paid a fortune for their football rights , quite honestly I wouldn't have an issue whatever they decided to do with them , no HD I simply wouldn't subscribe end of story.
Old 26-02-2013, 11:17   #23
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
BT has paid a fortune for their football rights , quite honestly I wouldn't have an issue whatever they decided to do with them , no HD I simply wouldn't subscribe end of story.
yes they sure did pay a fortune mate that why don't think bt will do a sky trick they will make it available to everyone and that's why get so annoyed at sky we paying for sports HD but they with holding half the channels
Old 26-02-2013, 11:18   #24
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
yes they sure did pay a fortune mate that why don't think bt will do a sky trick they will make it available to everyone and that's why get so annoyed at sky we paying for sports HD but they with holding half the channels
If your not happy don't pay I won't with BT if the price is too high.
Old 26-02-2013, 11:25   #25
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
If your not happy don't pay I won't with BT if the price is too high.
I would be very happy if sky change there stance and let us have all the sports HD channels hope they will one day even though I cant see it happening but will always hope for that day
Old 16-04-2013, 16:04   #26
telegramsam
telegramsam

One proposal BT are considering is a charge of £12.50 for their sports channels with an extra £3 to get them in hd on sky. Plus a connection fee of £16. However if you switch to BT broadband you get it free! This is just a working proposal though and nothing is settled. For me I wouldn`t pay that price,I`l do without.
Old 16-04-2013, 16:22   #27
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Not a chance they can keep it at that price , were did you get this info ?
Old 16-04-2013, 16:31   #28
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes l quite agree MM if this is true then it bodes ill for BT Sports in my opinion.
Old 16-04-2013, 17:07   #29
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
I was invited to complete a on line survey about it and that was amongst the proposals.
Old 16-04-2013, 17:17   #30
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
I was invited to complete a on line survey about it and that was amongst the proposals.
Well if that's the price it ends up it will be an extremely hard sell with Sky customers I would expect , personally I wouldn't entertain over ESPN's current £10.00 so they'll gain nothing from me.