Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Any Great Deals Lately?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Any Great Deals Lately?

Old 25-09-2012, 16:10   #1
dannyboy91uk
Inactive

Services: Sky World TV Sky +/Sky HD 100 MB Virgin Broadband.
dannyboy91uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Any Great Deals Lately?

Hi,

I have been a subscriber for many years.

So much has changed since I signed up to this website I went from a SKY + box to a SKY HD Box then the multiroom service etc. It's been a bumpy ride.

In April just before the football season officially ended I decided to cut the premium channels Movies/Sports as well as the HD pack saving me £40 a month.

I have since been bored with the entertainment pack and tried to find ways on the internet to watch live sports in the quality that was delivered to me by SKY. I found some nice subscription services but they were no replacement to the options I had with SKY.

I even thought about cancelling my SKY account and moving to internet television through a Slingbox. Not sure how legal this is but I would still be paying a subscription just not by SKY. I however decided not to do this.

So here I am trying to find a good deal that wouldn't raise my costs too much. I saw an offer available on my SKY Account. SKY Sports and SKY Movies for £15 per month for 6 months, but I can't be watching them channels without HD. But with HD that package then suddenly takes me back to £60 cheaper I know, but as soon as that short term offer ends I'd be surprisingly paying £85. Which is more than I was paying last time.

Bill was £75 a month and went down to £35 a month.

So is there anything you guys have found or are there anyways I could get a really good price for the premium and HD for a while? Or do I just phone them threatening to cancel completely to get something more reasonable?

Thanks in advance.
dannyboy91uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-09-2012, 17:14   #2
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Any Great Deals Lately?

I would suggest a call , many have reported on numerous forums they've had offers applied to their accounts.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote