Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Old 23-01-2014, 19:18   #211
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Uddingston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
It's just very frustrating that we are always last to get upgrades.

And are you on 64QAM yet. ?
Nope still no changes on that front.

Code:

US-1 	US-2 	US-3 	US-4
Channel Type 	2.0 	2.0 	N/A 	N/A
Channel ID 	5 	4 	N/A 	N/A
Frequency (Hz) 	31000000 Hz 	37600000 Hz 	N/A 	N/A
Ranging Status 	Success 	Success 	N/A 	N/A
Modulation 	QAM16 	QAM16 	N/A 	N/A
Symbol Rate (Sym/sec) 	5120000 	5120000 	N/A 	N/A
Mini-Slot Size 	128 	128 	N/A 	N/A
Power Level (dBmV) 	44.0 dBmV 	44.8 dBmV 	N/A 	N/A
T1 Timeouts 	0 	0 	N/A 	N/A
T2 Timeouts 	0 	0 	N/A 	N/A
T3 Timeouts 	1 	1 	N/A 	N/A
T4 Timeouts 	0 	0 	N/A 	N/A
You still on 64?
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-01-2014, 00:34   #212
Gstevie
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media: TV-XL, 100Mb (Superhub 2), TiVo
Gstevie is on a distinguished roadGstevie is on a distinguished road
Re: Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

I'm still on QAM16 too (cpc3-uddi24). Not surprised to see the date shifted for the speed boost. Must have happened within the last few days. I checked maybe Monday I think and it was showing June - September 2014, now it's August - January 2015. Still remember the good old days of Telewest when Uddingston was 1st for all the upgrades. We're paying for that now I suppose!!
Gstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 09:38   #213
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

what a joke, I am the same. It was bad enough that it was July-December and now they have put it back to August-January and they havent even started yet. The best bit is this:

When will the broadband speed upgrades take place?
We’re beginning our upgrade work at the beginning of 2014 and anticipate that it will take 12 months......

Who wants to bet it spills into mid 2015? They haven't managed to cmplete any previous upgrades with 12 months so why should this be any different.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 09:43   #214
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

To be fair, how many of us seriously care about the speed upgrades? If you're on 30 or 60 I suppose it's a nice jump, but those of us on 120 aren't really going to see a big leap.

I'd much prefer they concentrated on bringing back the 10:1 upload:download ratio, THEN did the download speed increases (keeping them 10:1).
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 10:01   #215
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I'd much prefer they concentrated on bringing back the 10:1 upload:download ratio, THEN did the download speed increases (keeping them 10:1).
and that is exactly what they should do. I can't remember what the speed increases were supposed to be (50/100/152) but you can't tell me people who are currently 60/3 are going to be uplifted to 100/3. I know 50mbits originall started out as 50/1.75 and 100/3 is just doubling it but it would seriously be taking the pee.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 11:00   #216
Kushan

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
and that is exactly what they should do. I can't remember what the speed increases were supposed to be (50/100/152) but you can't tell me people who are currently 60/3 are going to be uplifted to 100/3. I know 50mbits originall started out as 50/1.75 and 100/3 is just doubling it but it would seriously be taking the pee.
I completely agree. The thing that gives me hope is that we've observed them working on the upstream in several areas now. We've seen quite a few people on QAM64 (And one on QAM32?), I think everyone is on 2 US channels now (With an indication that there may be 3 or 4 coming) and we've now caught them using higher frequencies as well. Hopefully they're anticipating the 10:1 uplift and not just trying to add capacity to catch up with congestion.
Old 24-01-2014, 14:13   #217
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold
Re: Uddingston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
Nope still no changes on that front.

Code:

US-1 	US-2 	US-3 	US-4
Channel Type 	2.0 	2.0 	N/A 	N/A
Channel ID 	5 	4 	N/A 	N/A
Frequency (Hz) 	31000000 Hz 	37600000 Hz 	N/A 	N/A
Ranging Status 	Success 	Success 	N/A 	N/A
Modulation 	QAM16 	QAM16 	N/A 	N/A
Symbol Rate (Sym/sec) 	5120000 	5120000 	N/A 	N/A
Mini-Slot Size 	128 	128 	N/A 	N/A
Power Level (dBmV) 	44.0 dBmV 	44.8 dBmV 	N/A 	N/A
T1 Timeouts 	0 	0 	N/A 	N/A
T2 Timeouts 	0 	0 	N/A 	N/A
T3 Timeouts 	1 	1 	N/A 	N/A
T4 Timeouts 	0 	0 	N/A 	N/A
You still on 64?
Yes am still on 64QAM. But my Downstream is slowing down

Attachment 25161

Attachment 25162
Old 24-01-2014, 15:11   #218
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

I'd care more about them bringing in 4:1 and ditching STM to catch up with BT
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 15:39   #219
Kushan

That dip on the 20th looks like STM to me. It's almost too coincidental.
Old 31-01-2014, 14:38   #220
Gstevie
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
To be fair, how many of us seriously care about the speed upgrades? If you're on 30 or 60 I suppose it's a nice jump, but those of us on 120 aren't really going to see a big leap.

Totally agree, this boost is nothing special to write home about. Personally would rather see them deal with what appears to be their major congestion issues over the network. Maybe then we could ditch STM and I'd be more than happy to stay on 120. At the moment I get full speeds from it and I honestly don't "need" any more. Just seems petty of them to move to a "we are x times faster than y company". Focus on making that speed more reliable for all your customers maybe then more would stay.
Old 31-01-2014, 20:28   #221
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

They've already dealt with a lot of congestion issues tbh, along with the speed increases.
Old 31-01-2014, 20:47   #222
Gstevie
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
They've already dealt with a lot of congestion issues tbh, along with the speed increases.
I take from the amount of complaints that still go on that they still have a ways to go before saying task done with that one. Did Ofcom not post a few months a go about congestion still being a problem on Virgin Media?
Old 31-01-2014, 23:32   #223
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

One of the biggest problems is the noise on certain parts of the network . As you go up in Qam the tolerance to noise decreases .To release a node / area it has to be at a certain stage for so long then it can be released . A lot of this is caused by loose connectors in the house and diy installs
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 14:16   #224
Kushan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstevie View Post
I take from the amount of complaints that still go on that they still have a ways to go before saying task done with that one. Did Ofcom not post a few months a go about congestion still being a problem on Virgin Media?
I don't think anyone's going to claim that Virgin's network is perfect. There's definitely still plenty of congestion, but it has improved greatly over the last couple of years. Still a long way to go, but they're getting there.
Old 01-02-2014, 18:38   #225
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Virgin's network is perfect.