Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | at wits end with sky what about virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

at wits end with sky what about virgin

Old 29-12-2012, 00:59   #1
jim1954
Inactive

jim1954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question at wits end with sky what about virgin

hello
I have just joined and would like some help if possible.At present I have sky multi room with hd in living room and two white sky+ in 2 of the bedrooms.
One of the boxes was flashing no signal and was freezing and some of the channels not coming up.We have sky entertainment extra with sports and movies.I swapped over the two bedroom boxes and one was not working.i then went and bought a box via gumtree for £10 and it was working ok,but came up with the message "incorrect card inserted".
I then reconnected the original broken box,and phoned sky and went through
all the system checks.And they confirmed box was broken,and asked if I wanted a visit from an engineer.I said I would phone back shortly.I then connected the second hand box and phoned sky later.I explained I wanted to pair the box with the viewing card,and gave them the details.They said it could take up to 24hrs.
Waited 24hrs and still showed "incorrect card inserted".They said there was some issue with the box and could not connect it.They could not give me any details as to why.I told them we could get sky documentaries,but not sport or movies.Informed would not be able get Premier Channels.I have now decided against better judgement to pay sky £65 for visit,as is disabled sisters room.
jim1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-12-2012, 08:57   #2
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Re: at wits end with sky what about virgin

Wouldn't see that as a wits end scenario. Sky only guarantee hardware for 1 year then it's yours and your responsibility to maintain the equipment. As for sky pairing the device to card in my experience its normally up to 4hrs.

You brought a box off of Gumtree and it don't work! Give it back to the bloke you brought it from and put the tenner towards the new box sky are going to charge you for.

Oh and welcome to cf
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote