Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are your best and worse TV ads?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

What are your best and worse TV ads?

Old 29-10-2009, 20:48   #121
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: What are your best and worse TV ads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie07 View Post
I hate the new SCS advert with the man smiling, it winds me up something rotten.
I bet his teeth glow in a night club.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-10-2009, 21:11   #122
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
I bet his teeth glow in a night club.
Yeah someone should pull them out and that orange skin is no good
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 22:20   #123
SMG
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky TV, B/Band.
SMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appeal
SMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appeal

The second I hear the "Go Compare" singer, I want to explode. Its driving me barmy.

The Meerkat computermebob is so funny.
SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2009, 23:08   #124
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

Worst, all of them, to be honest
I don't watch TV at all, except when I visit my mum on Fridays
I can't believe the same adverts I saw X years ago when I still lived with her, still run today (Direct line being one of them)
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2009, 01:10   #125
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
The second I hear the "Go Compare" singer, I want to explode. Its driving me barmy.

The Meerkat computermebob is so funny.
Are you suggesting that it's not a real meerkat they use.

I did wonder about the slightly east European accent in a dessert dwelling accent but I assumed he was trying for legal immigrant status
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2009, 09:00   #126
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

This one's starting to get on my twits!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk_eT7yoht4
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 04:46   #127
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LvLn9PWln8

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 08:14   #128
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

This one's a winner - Weetabix advert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrtQhkibZ8M
Old 16-11-2009, 22:39   #129
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
This one's a winner - Weetabix advert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrtQhkibZ8M
The first time its ok after 20+ times you want the horse to be put in a can of butchers choice.

Then again I think the Go Compare singer deserves that more.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 18:34   #130
Tinky
To err is human

This one is pathetic, Cravendale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD-UmC3vzfA

and here is a brilliant one, Twinings.....fascinating to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_HBCTSsYyQ
Old 25-11-2009, 20:18   #131
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Been desperately trying to find my best advert on youtube today but failed miserably

Anyone know where I can get a copy?

Anyway I saw it many. many, many years ago (I think very early '80's) and it's the Nescafe advert of the woman in tears sat in the car (I think a VW Type1) whilst it pours down with rain and she finds a jar of nescafe and her 12v kettle in the glovebox, the sun and her spirit then brightens to the sounds of Jonny Nash's "I can see clearly now the rain has gone." Not sure but I think it wsa set on top of a cliff..

ANyone
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 10:07   #132
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Not in English but this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9GhD...eature=related
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 10:55   #133
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

That's it though not sure if that's a dubbed original or remake.. That says it's 90's but the original I remember was a decade before..

TnX Derek..

Now can anyone find the original
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 11:48   #134
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
Favourite or Worst?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
That's it though not sure if that's a dubbed original or remake.. That says it's 90's but the original I remember was a decade before..

TnX Derek..

Now can anyone find the original
Can't find it ATM, but if it helps, according to an article in an Advertising website, it's called Sunrise, if that helps..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 12:07   #135
buckleb
Inactive

Services: Vivid 200 Tivo 500GB
buckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of light

My 'worst' advert is the stool-softener one, where the woman returns to her friends at the table and informs them that her poo was hard again, then they all rabbit on about yeah, they used to have that until the started using BrandX Poo Softener, or whatever it was called.

When I first saw it I sat there in total disbelief, thinking I was still in the US
buckleb is offline   Reply With Quote