Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are your best and worse TV ads?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

What are your best and worse TV ads?

Old 07-05-2008, 14:51   #31
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: What are your best and worse TV ads?

For sheer sexiness, you can't beat the old school Flake ads (not that pale imitation with Joss Stone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcbhHOZZXnI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aUTdYsZda8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCLggnjbsqQ
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-05-2008, 20:01   #32
kingbuxton
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV/Tinternet/Phone (Home)
kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLnuI...eature=related - Turkish Delight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxRkocAPdJ0 - Chanel No 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-4J6iDnUC0&NR=1 - Chanel No 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx3Na...eature=related - Chanel No 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXDuo...eature=related - McEwans Lager

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mabH0S1y7-Q - Levis 501

Pretty much every advert since has been pants. No point in posting the worst ones, just stick the telly on at any point, they are pure torture these days. CAN'T FIND CHEAP CAR INSURANCE? To be honest I either turn over or Mute/Turn the sound off, stopped watching them a long time ago, so maybe I have missed a gem, I doubt it.
kingbuxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 18:52   #33
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

More classics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2C-5qjbfYw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzyFhzCQzks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2V8VNQczRY&NR=1
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 20:43   #34
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

The ad that makes me reach for the remote is the one for "double glazing", I think its safestyle windows where this really loud bloke runs around shouting, "buy one and get the other absolutely free, I say buy one get the other one free". To me its the most irritating ad on the telly.
On the other hand one of my all time favourites are the old Tango ads, where the big, bald orange guy appears from nowhere, grabs the guy and plants a big smacker of a kiss on him, great stuff, you know when you've been Tango'd.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 20:47   #35
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Talking of Tango...

Link
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 20:53   #36
frogstamper
Inactive

frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Talking of Tango...

Link
A modern take eh.. but wheres the fat man?
Old 19-05-2008, 20:55   #37
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
The ad that makes me reach for the remote is the one for "double glazing", I think its safestyle windows where this really loud bloke runs around shouting

Even louder than Barry Scott?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 20:58   #38
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
A modern take eh.. but wheres the fat man?
No fat man, it's a spoof of this...
Old 19-05-2008, 21:22   #39
frogstamper
Inactive

Quote:
No fat man, it's a spoof of this...
Got it now
Old 19-05-2008, 22:15   #40
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Got it now
What's amazing to me is that original Sony ad wasn't computer generated, but shot for real...

Making of
Old 19-05-2008, 22:58   #41
frogstamper
Inactive

Quote:
What's amazing to me is that original Sony ad wasn't computer generated, but shot for real...

Making of
Id like to see the ad men shoot the "Dulux paint" ad in the tower block for real, now that would be an accomplishment.
Old 19-05-2008, 23:09   #42
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Id like to see the ad men shoot the "Dulux paint" ad in the tower block for real, now that would be an accomplishment.
You mean the Sony Bravia paint ad?

Your wish is my command...
Old 19-05-2008, 23:18   #43
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

I do like it when the new Qantas advert comes on, as the backing music is beautiful. I know its just a cover of Down Under by Men At Work, but its still a great piece.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 23:29   #44
frogstamper
Inactive

Quote:
You mean the Sony Bravia paint ad?

Your wish is my command...
HOLY MOLY it was for real, that was amazing, if I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have believed it, thanks very much for that Cobby.

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
I do like it when the new Qantas advert comes on, as the backing music is beautiful. I know its just a cover of Down Under by Men At Work, but its still a great piece.
What makes me laugh Punky is that whenever you see an ad for an airline, you invariably see happy people drinking champagne, relaxing on flat-bed seats and dressed immaculately. Its a pity they don't move the camera further down the plane, out of first and business class, and into economy, there they could film what its like for the majority of people. Crammed in to a small seat, babies crying, plastic meals and the kids constantly saying, "are we nearly there yet dad", that's the vision of flying I'm more familiar with.
Old 19-05-2008, 23:43   #45
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Quote:
HOLY MOLY it was for real, that was amazing, if I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have believed it, thanks very much for that Cobby.
Glad you enjoyed it. I thought they'd copped out with the latest bunny ad, but no...