Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 12-08-2016, 11:21   #241
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeemmm View Post
6 tuners will fill 1Tb in no time at all given the inadequate epg data. Especially now we can no longer choose which channels to record from (due to the IMO ill-conceived "series links+") and end up with duplicates from the different channel variations due to the "generic episode problem". Good luck ever being away from Tivo for a few days without manually purging planning constantly. No signs of Tivo ever changing the 30 day rule where it "forgets" what you have watched and records all over again too. After 15 years of loyalty bonuses due to poor reliability and performance, it is time to move on for me.
I Had same problem but in series link plus you just choose what channel you want, I had them set to all but that solves issue. There is a 2tb TiVo but that is expensive
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2016, 11:26   #242
veeemmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
I Had same problem but in series link plus you just choose what channel you want, I had them set to all but that solves issue. There is a 2tb TiVo but that is expensive
Yes but you cannot choose which channels (plural) i.e. if you want a series link on two distinct channels, as I often do but not 6 or more channels variants. With the old version I could do that. Now I can't.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:38   #243
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

Quote:
There is a 2tb TiVo but that is expensive
As a reminder ... NO prices have yet been quoted directly from Virgin, so how do you know the 2tb Tivo is expensive? - you are quoting prices from an aged document Mediaboy had
MutleyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:37   #244
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutleyF View Post
As a reminder ... NO prices have yet been quoted directly from Virgin, so how do you know the 2tb Tivo is expensive? - you are quoting prices from an aged document Mediaboy had
Ok can media boy come on and tell us how up to date the prices are that was given
Old 12-08-2016, 12:50   #245
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

I find it strange that there are no specs yet released when they have announced the box, but MB has some prices (no disrespect to him)

2TB seems a little stingy in my eyes ...
MutleyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 13:21   #246
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutleyF View Post
I find it strange that there are no specs yet released when they have announced the box, but MB has some prices (no disrespect to him)

2TB seems a little stingy in my eyes ...
Well sky has the 2tb limit so maybe that's why, mediaboy please respond
Old 12-08-2016, 13:27   #247
bolgerp
cf.member

bolgerp is an unknown quantity at this point

I signed up with Virgin Media in March this year when I moved into my new home. Mainly because the previous owners already had Virgin, so we didn't need any installation engineer etc. and they had 200MB Fibre. And they had a good half price deal for 6 months. Having never been a Virgin customer before (always had Sky for TV), I must admit I was and still am sorely disappointed with the VM TV offering. It's simply atrocious compared with Sky. I absolutely love the Fibre Broadband.. way better than anything I have ever had previously but the TiVo box is simply archaic compared to Sky's kit. And this new box, on first impressions, isn't going to tempt me to stay with Virgin TV once my contract expires in March.... perhaps that might change as more information comes out but I doubt it.
bolgerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 13:29   #248
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Well sky has the 2tb limit so maybe that's why, mediaboy please respond
How can he respond if he's got DNP orders not to post the information? You need to be patient.

All this moaning is doing my head in. When you get all the information, in good time, you will be in a better position to make a choice between the new Virgin box and the Sky Q. You cannot base your judgement on the prices quoted in this thread. You need to await Virgin's official announcement. If you jump ship now, you may live to regret it. TV is set to improve on VM in terms of content.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 13:34   #249
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

Only way id get one is option to diss the phone line and package to compensate.

But you get penalised i.e i get xl on everything at 75. Ive looked at just tv xl and 200 bb two tivo boxes works out £85 £10 more.
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 13:35   #250
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

All this moaning is doing my head in. When you get all the information, in good time, you will be in a better position to make a choice between the new Virgin box and the Sky Q. You cannot base your judgement on the prices quoted in this thread. You need to await Virgin's official announcement.
Old 12-08-2016, 13:51   #251
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
All this moaning is doing my head in. When you get all the information, in good time, you will be in a better position to make a choice between the new Virgin box and the Sky Q. You cannot base your judgement on the prices quoted in this thread. You need to await Virgin's official announcement. If you jump ship now, you may live to regret it. TV is set to improve on VM in terms of content.
Going on unofficial posts months in advance of the product launch is a poor basis for a decision. Wait till the official VM information release before deciding!
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 14:02   #252
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Going on unofficial posts months in advance of the product launch is a poor basis for a decision. Wait till the official VM information release before deciding!
Indeed Andrew.
Old 12-08-2016, 14:03   #253
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
How can he respond if he's got DNP orders not to post the information? You need to be patient.

I mean the prices that media boy quoted I was wondering how old or recent they are, that is important
Old 12-08-2016, 14:03   #254
bolgerp
cf.member

bolgerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Tsk! Where's the fun in that? Must. Have. Something. To. Moan. About!
bolgerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 14:12   #255
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
I mean the prices that media boy quoted I was wondering how old or recent they are, that is important
No company with any sense, when competing with a major rival such as Sky, would release pricing so far ahead of product launch.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote