Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone on Mix have an 'Upgrade to watch' / 'Subscribe' problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Anyone on Mix have an 'Upgrade to watch' / 'Subscribe' problem

Old 26-07-2018, 20:18   #16
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Anyone on Mix have an 'Upgrade to watch' / 'Subscribe' problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
It is definitely intentional. Can't say I like it much, though, as it does cause a lot of confusion. I suppose the logic is that if you pay more, you get more ways to view it.
So, as per my example, why can Mix customers watch CBS Reality and CBS Action programmes on Catch Up but not CBS Drama programmes. 3 channels, same company, same package. How is that logical?
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-07-2018, 20:45   #17
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
So, as per my example, why can Mix customers watch CBS Reality and CBS Action programmes on Catch Up but not CBS Drama programmes. 3 channels, same company, same package. How is that logical?
Sorry, I can't answer that. I'm not involved in these decisions.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 21:23   #18
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Do you think it is also intentional that Mix customers can watch C+I on Virgin TV Go, but not on the V6 box, or that History HD is available to Mix customers now but not the standard and +1 versions. I just don't believe that none of these are mistakes!
Old 26-07-2018, 22:12   #19
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Do you think it is also intentional that Mix customers can watch C+I on Virgin TV Go, but not on the V6 box, or that History HD is available to Mix customers now but not the standard and +1 versions. I just don't believe that none of these are mistakes!
I suspect History HD being available to Mix customers is intentional, as it replaced Yesterday.

I know nothing about TV Go.
Old 27-07-2018, 00:16   #20
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
I suspect History HD being available to Mix customers is intentional, as it replaced Yesterday.
Well in that case both the Virgin Media website article about the 'replacement' channels, and the updated Channel Guide, are wrong... as they both clearly state that History HD is for Full House customers only:

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/tvupdate.html
Old 27-07-2018, 04:18   #21
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

A VM website is inaccurate ?

Shoocking, that surely cannot be true.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 09:28   #22
SonicMaster
cf.geek

On Demand > Box Sets > Channels > SYFY

3 programmes listed:

Dimension 404
Killjoys
The Librarians

Every episode of each available series of both Killjoys and The Librarians is available to watch, even in HD, on the Mix package.

All episodes of Dimension 404, 'Unsubscribed' / 'Upgrade to watch'.

I suppose that's intentional too?!
Old 27-07-2018, 10:13   #23
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

I'm sure at some point in the past, Box Sets were an XL/Full House exclusive, and also at some point you got access to the same OD content as per the channels you had access to.

We're on Full House/XL so it's an immaterial argument - but relatives are on lower packages and seem to get a lot more "please subscribe" than I thought they should - this thread helps make sense!!

I'm glad the reality is as clear as mud then...
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 10:16   #24
oldbloke
Inactive

oldbloke is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on the mix package as well, and am the other guy on DS that Sonic refers to.

I also have this problem. Even on ITV I cannot access all the on demand series in box sets.

A new series of "sick note" started which I can watch.
Tried to watch the first series again , but told to upgrade.

I accept your explanation Spiderplant and thanks for your interest and replies, but it does seem a strange way to run things.
oldbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 11:33   #25
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
On Demand > Box Sets > Channels > SYFY

3 programmes listed:

Dimension 404
Killjoys
The Librarians

Every episode of each available series of both Killjoys and The Librarians is available to watch, even in HD, on the Mix package.

All episodes of Dimension 404, 'Unsubscribed' / 'Upgrade to watch'.

I suppose that's intentional too?!
Not sure. Possibly the rights are inherited from the originator of the content.
Old 27-07-2018, 12:53   #26
SonicMaster
cf.geek

There is no way that the originator of the content will have a say on which package VM make the content available to, the contract is between the channel operator and VM. I don't see why you can't accept the possibility that someone technical at VM has made a simple mistake. Unless you work for VM and either know otherwise or are just defending them. Sorry.
Old 27-07-2018, 14:12   #27
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I don't see why you can't accept the possibility that someone technical at VM has made a simple mistake.
It is possible. It's also possible that someone non-technical, at VM or elsewhere, has made a mistake. But it's also possible that it's not a mistake at all.

Which is why I said "Not sure" and "Possibly".

I also said not to shoot the messenger!
Old 27-07-2018, 14:23   #28
SonicMaster
cf.geek

The frustration is that Virgin Media's own staff insist that these issues are a problem with my box, when it's clearly not, so they want to waste both my time and an engineers time doing a home visit.

Although you won't confirm that you work for VM I will assume that you do from your responses, so thank you for trying to understand the problem, and if you know of any way of me contacting someone that can look into it, without coming to my home, that would be much appreciated.
Old 27-07-2018, 17:58   #29
SonicMaster
cf.geek

I found an interesting post from a customer on Virgin Media's own forum about the issue with Virgin TV Kids, including Tiddlers TV:

Quote:
Hi Louise, as the member that started this thread, I'd like to chip in. The problem getting channel 700 isn't pressing the red button, no amount of pressing or clicking will give you access if you are on the mix package. The technical side of Virgin has decided the access isn't possible on mix, two local managers told me that they do not allow access no matter what the online guide or anyone else says. It was only when I said that I was going to write to ofcom to report me being mis-sold my contract, that I was put on the fun package and given access to kids tv.

Virgin really need to sort this, on the one hand sales and admin say access is available, the technical side say it isn't.