Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 25-07-2015, 09:27   #1876
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Just spent the last hour persuading my PC that it wants to work. Turns out that the left click on the mouse has stopped working. Have replaced mouse with spare, but I now have two of these wireless USB connectors plugged in . One for the mouse and one for the keyboard. Both are Logitech so you would think they would condescend to work from one port.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-07-2015, 11:36   #1877
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcimedes View Post
Just spent the last hour persuading my PC that it wants to work. Turns out that the left click on the mouse has stopped working. Have replaced mouse with spare, but I now have two of these wireless USB connectors plugged in . One for the mouse and one for the keyboard. Both are Logitech so you would think they would condescend to work from one port.
If it is a 'Logitech Unifying receiver' and both mouse and keyboard are compatible then all you need to do is go into the options and set it up to use just the one.
Old 25-07-2015, 13:45   #1878
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
If it is a 'Logitech Unifying receiver' and both mouse and keyboard are compatible then all you need to do is go into the options and set it up to use just the one.
Thanks for the information. When I started up the PC just before reading your message it muttered something about Logitech unifying software. So after reading your message I now have everything working on one receiver.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 16:00   #1879
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My mum is still NBM, as there is still a small leak, but on Tuesday she might have to go back into surgery, then ICU.

She still will probably be in hospital in 11 days when my sister goes on a 14 day holiday.

Then still in when she comes back

My sister hasn't told our dad that she might might have to back to surgery until it happens as our dad will think the worst.

I just need this crap to end, I don't care I'm spending £25 a week on the tube, and food on top of that. I'm even helping my sister pay for her tube fares.

Even if it cost £50 a time I would still do it.
Old 26-07-2015, 16:33   #1880
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Oh Hom3r I'm truly sorry to hear that your Mum may need to have further surgery just try and stay strong for both your parents. I agree with you and your sister's decision not to tell your Dad as naturally he will think the worse as that is what we tend to do.
Old 26-07-2015, 17:39   #1881
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
My mum is still NBM, as there is still a small leak, but on Tuesday she might have to go back into surgery, then ICU.

She still will probably be in hospital in 11 days when my sister goes on a 14 day holiday.

My sister hasn't told our dad that she might might have to back to surgery until it happens as our dad will think the worst.

I just need this crap to end, I don't care I'm spending £25 a week on the tube, and food on top of that. I'm even helping my sister pay for her tube fares.

What ever you have to do,or spend, will all be worth it when you get your Mum home. Just wish for all your sakes it was sooner rather than later. <<hugs>>

Telling your Dad about the possibility of a further visit to the operating theatre at this stage would just too much, if the hospital is holding fire on making a decision then I guess there may be a chance she won't need one and your Dad will have been put through a lot of worry needlessly.

Stay strong sweetie.

Jo
Old 26-07-2015, 17:45   #1882
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Hom3r, our thoughts are with you and hope your mum is better soon. Having a parent in hospital and far away is really worrying.

My younger sister is keeping us updated with my mothers progress. Heart and BP are now OK but she seems to be suffering from confusion and the hospital want to keep her in under observation.
Old 26-07-2015, 18:15   #1883
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

It must be so very hard when a parent is ill or in hospital and not living close enough to just pop in and visit them. I know my brother in law finds this to be the hardest part of when his parents are in hospital or ill.

I feel very blessed that I live only a 15 minutes car journey away from my Mum and Dad as I can only imagine what a worry is to be far away and the helpless feeling you must feel at being such a distance away.

I hope your Mum gets better soon heero.
Old 26-07-2015, 19:34   #1884
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

Thinking of you and yours dude
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2015, 18:01   #1885
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

I need a job arghhhh
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 15:16   #1886
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Arrghh... Been waiting in my office all day for a Courier to phone me, as Apple swapped one of our deliveries at work for one for Fremantle Media and UPS were supposed to contact me to arrange a swap.

Instead, I leave my office for 10 minutes to take a file to another deparment, and the courier turns up, waits a couple of minutes, then buggers off without leaving a contact number or reference. Not happy.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 17:28   #1887
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Arrghh... Been waiting in my office all day for a Courier to phone me, as Apple swapped one of our deliveries at work for one for Fremantle Media and UPS were supposed to contact me to arrange a swap.

Instead, I leave my office for 10 minutes to take a file to another department, and the courier turns up, waits a couple of minutes, then buggers off without leaving a contact number or reference. Not happy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0oRGHGyzuM

Old 31-07-2015, 15:29   #1888
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

House got robbed yesterday.

Bizarrely they took key chains and car keys but not the cars. Didn't take much from the house itself either, just small pickings (and my Kindle )
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 15:41   #1889
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Lack of joined up care in one of our local hospitals.....

I was admitted late last Friday night, and one of the outcomes was that I was fitted with a catheter and bag (joy...).

When I was discharged on Sunday, they told me an appointment would be made for approx. 10 days after the catheter was fitted, to remove it and scan the area to check if everything was OK. As the appointment was going to come through the post, I left it until Thursday to check up - I found out that no communication had happened between the Surgical Assessment Ward and Urology, but they promised they would contact them and arrange an appointment. I rang up today to follow up on this, and found out nothing had been done, and no appointments could be made because no one was available to do so in the Urology Ward (I even badgered the direct number out of them, which was not too easy).

Now I am being told that an appointment can't be made until Monday (which was when I should have been seen), and it will probably be in two weeks from Monday.

Joy....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 16:29   #1890
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
House got robbed yesterday.

Bizarrely they took key chains and car keys but not the cars. Didn't take much from the house itself either, just small pickings (and my Kindle )
Sorry to hear your house getting broken into as it is a terrible feeling knowing that someone has invaded the privacy of your home.