Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free V6 box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Free V6 box

Old 10-10-2018, 14:37   #421
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Free V6 box

My launch week 1TB TiVo has finally died and has been my second box as part of the VIP bundle I have been on since joining 10 years ago.
Engineer is coming tonight. Will I get a crumby TiVo to replace it or finally a V6 as my package if you were to sign up to VIP now is for 2 x V6?

Incidentally I didn't really want to lose my TiVo as I use Slingbox with it but as it's died and has been so slow, buggy etc it seems as good a time as any to upgrade it.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2018, 14:43   #422
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Anyone with broadband should get a V6 to replace an existing TiVo - as long as you don't already have three.

You can have three V6 boxes per account - anything after that will be TiVo

Last edited by BenMcr; 10-10-2018 at 14:59.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 14:58   #423
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Anyone with broadband should get a to replace an existing TiVo - as long as you don't already have three.

You can have three V6 boxes - anything after that will be TiVo
Great thanks for the info. Yes we have phone, tv, BB and mobile so was thinking we are surely do a mini upgrade.
Fingers crossed then.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 15:47   #424
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

My TiVo bricked itself and was replaced by a V6 box - along with an increase to my monthly charge which was never mentioned until after it was installed. Seriously thinking of ditching virgin and going to sky.
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 16:29   #425
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
My TiVo bricked itself and was replaced by a V6 box - along with an increase to my monthly charge which was never mentioned until after it was installed. Seriously thinking of ditching virgin and going to sky.
... and that should not have happened, unless you concurrently made some other changes. Fault replacement should not alter charging.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2018, 00:56   #426
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
... and that should not have happened, unless you concurrently made some other changes. Fault replacement should not alter charging.
No other changes, I was not informed of any increase and would not have agreed to it. I am really not happy.
Old 21-10-2018, 04:10   #427
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I'd make a complaint, if they didn't resolve it i'd use another supplier.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2018, 18:09   #428
bbxxl
cf.addict

Smile Re: Free V6 box

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I'd make a complaint, if they didn't resolve it i'd use another supplier.
I rang the. And said I wanted to leave. It turns out that the price increase was nothing to do with my new box, it just happened to be at the same time as the annual increase.

So, after speaking to them my bill has now gone up another £2

For that extra £2 all I am getting is a speed increase from 200 Meg to 350 Meg.

Oh, and Sky sports and Sky films.

I think that’s probably worth two quid a month.

I am now a happy virgin customer again.
Old 27-10-2018, 19:28   #429
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Excellent news, a conversation with Virgin (usually with retentions) tends to cause a good outcome.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2018, 23:13   #430
bbxxl
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Excellent news, a conversation with Virgin (usually with retentions) tends to cause a good outcome.
I’d never called them before because I never actually thought I would leave before. I was actually going to leave today. Really impressed with the way I was dealt with and very happy with the outcome.
Old 27-10-2018, 23:24   #431
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

It's a competitive market out there - lots of excellent deals out there from all providers. Best to keep them on their toes every 12 months or so.
Old 27-10-2018, 23:54   #432
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
I’d never called them before because I never actually thought I would leave before. I was actually going to leave today. Really impressed with the way I was dealt with and very happy with the outcome.
It's good to talk. As they say.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 00:33   #433
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Our younger members may need that one explained.