Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit discussion
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 19:21   #631
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
It was a big fat lie, no more, no less. A lie on the side of the bus and a lie perpetuated at the time and since the referendum.
Official data proves Boris was wrong about £350m a week to Brussels.
Quote:
It’s actually £363m
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2017, 19:42   #632
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Well, whaddya know! Still stands though, name me a year when we sent either figure to Brussels and I will pay everyone here a tenner*

*example not commitment
Old 08-11-2017, 20:44   #633
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

It’s a moot point now that it’s all over but to say it’s not a lie or, at best, an incorrect number based on incorrect research is wrong.
No, you are wrong, as Ramrod demonstrates.
Old 08-11-2017, 21:29   #634
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No, you are wrong, as Ramrod demonstrates.
Apologies, I was quoting what told by the Vote Leave campaign. Was vote leave lying or wrong? Of course we don’t give the EU £363m either...
Old 08-11-2017, 21:32   #635
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

It's only recently the ONS released the £363 figure.
Old 08-11-2017, 21:44   #636
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
It wasn’t fake, the claim was made by remainers, even by one of your buddies, as I quoted. Open your eyes!
Where's the link to the quote you posted? It doesn't make for a good debate if you continue to post unsourced quotes which turn out to be from the quill of Brextremist Daniel Hannan and not a genuine remainer. I'm sure Mr K is flattered you took time out to locate his wise words from 2016 but he's not the source of your quote.
Why not post something positive like this i if you want to argue for Brexit rather than unsourced fakery?
Quote:
In the first set of numbers to solely cover the post-referendum period, there were statistically significant increases in life satisfaction, happiness and the proportion of people reporting that they felt their lives were worthwhile.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...e-brexit-vote/
Old 08-11-2017, 21:53   #637
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm sure Mr K is flattered you took time out to locate his wise words from 2016 but he's not the source of your quote.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...e-brexit-vote/
How are they wise words when they were totally inaccurate ?

There was not a recession in 2017 as he said was predicted.

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Quote:
Apologies, I was quoting what told by the Vote Leave campaign. Was vote leave lying or wrong? Of course we don’t give the EU £363m either...
I have already said that the sums were misleading but the premise of the suggestion, was not a total lie, we do pay a hefty fee and it is that hefty fee we can spend on the NHS, not will spend, but can spend once we leave.
Old 08-11-2017, 22:38   #638
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

I have already said that the sums were misleading but the premise of the suggestion, was not a total lie, we do pay a hefty fee and it is that hefty fee we can spend on the NHS, not will spend, but can spend once we leave.
Correct. You know it, I know it and they know it but they still persist in misrepesenting the facts because it suits their anti-Brexit agenda. That's all we need to know.
Old 08-11-2017, 23:24   #639
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

I get what you're doing - trying to move the debate on from a fake quote to a debate about Mr K's actual post back in 2016. Not sure why you think this is necessary, we all post in haste from time to time.

I never thought I'd say this. But with yet another scandalised leaver leaving by example, I can see Brexit not happening as the Government falls apart.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:58   #640
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I get what you're doing - trying to move the debate on from a fake quote to a debate about Mr K's actual post back in 2016. Not sure why you think this is necessary, we all post in haste from time to time.

I never thought I'd say this. But with yet another scandalised leaver leaving by example, I can see Brexit not happening as the Government falls apart.
You’re pissing in the wind with that ridiculous assertion.

As I said in another thread, democracy ran it’s course, the result of it has to be respected and I’m sorry (well actually, I’m not) to burst your remoaner bubble, but heaven forbid we get a Labour government, they are still for brexit.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:34   #641
RizzyKing

George osborne and the treasury both said that a vote to leave would plunge the UK into a two year recession not hard to find out and verify took me about two minutes also for the first time i looked at this bus slogan so many remain supporters get in a tizzy about it doesn't state spend all the money on the NHS it states "we send the eu 350 million per week, lets fund the NHS instead" no commitment for the whole misrepresented amount at all. Also on Mr K and his laughable "the EU is doing well" only if you ignore Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal and also ignoring the massive ticking bomb that is Deutsche bank that thanks to it's business model could not just collapse but take down the Euro and start another banking domino collapse yes they are doing fantastic. Also keep ignoring the ECB cutting its bonds from €60 billion Euros to €40 billion that will increase pressure on Italy that currently has a debt to GDP of 133%.

As for the UK bungling the brexit negotiations not exactly accurate either the UK has asked the EU for a specific figure on the so called divorce bill and the EU will not give one it is asking the UK for a blind assurance that it will pay the sum the EU eventually decide on. For all you little EU fans tell me would you sign a legal agreement to give me money without knowing a specific amount before signing we all know the answer to that one so stop expecting us to do nationally what none of you would do individually and instead of directing all your vitriol at the UK try directing it at the EU to act in a sensible manner I won't hold my breath.

It was depressing to come back here and see this forum still stuck in the same childish rut with the usual members trying to be superior when they are anything but and i had hoped there would be an actual debate stupid me i will leave again so you can continue in what is normal for this forum.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:25   #642
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
George osborne and the treasury both said that a vote to leave would plunge the UK into a two year recession not hard to find out and verify took me about two minutes also for the first time i looked at this bus slogan so many remain supporters get in a tizzy about it doesn't state spend all the money on the NHS it states "we send the eu 350 million per week, lets fund the NHS instead" no commitment for the whole misrepresented amount at all. Also on Mr K and his laughable "the EU is doing well" only if you ignore Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal and also ignoring the massive ticking bomb that is Deutsche bank that thanks to it's business model could not just collapse but take down the Euro and start another banking domino collapse yes they are doing fantastic. Also keep ignoring the ECB cutting its bonds from €60 billion Euros to €40 billion that will increase pressure on Italy that currently has a debt to GDP of 133%.

As for the UK bungling the brexit negotiations not exactly accurate either the UK has asked the EU for a specific figure on the so called divorce bill and the EU will not give one it is asking the UK for a blind assurance that it will pay the sum the EU eventually decide on. For all you little EU fans tell me would you sign a legal agreement to give me money without knowing a specific amount before signing we all know the answer to that one so stop expecting us to do nationally what none of you would do individually and instead of directing all your vitriol at the UK try directing it at the EU to act in a sensible manner I won't hold my breath.

It was depressing to come back here and see this forum still stuck in the same childish rut with the usual members trying to be superior when they are anything but and i had hoped there would be an actual debate stupid me i will leave again so you can continue in what is normal for this forum.
Good post.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:03   #643
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Also on Mr K and his laughable "the EU is doing well" only if you ignore Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal and also ignoring the massive ticking bomb that is Deutsche bank that thanks to it's business model could not just collapse but take down the Euro and start another banking domino collapse yes they are doing fantastic.
The Eurozone is recovering and they're starting to see healthy economic growth too. It's premature to say all is well of course but it is recovering. Just the other week there GDP growth continued: https://www.theguardian.com/business...ment-inflation. The Deutsche bank crisis has largely passed and been isolated off, they didn't need a bailout in the end, so any risk will probably only be to the bank itself.

Again it's still not great, neither are we, but anyone hoping for a collapse will be disappointed unless a new crisis comes in from somewhere.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:20   #644
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The Eurozone is recovering and they're starting to see healthy economic growth too. It's premature to say all is well of course but it is recovering. Just the other week there GDP growth continued: https://www.theguardian.com/business...ment-inflation. The Deutsche bank crisis has largely passed and been isolated off, they didn't need a bailout in the end, so any risk will probably only be to the bank itself.

Again it's still not great, neither are we, but anyone hoping for a collapse will be disappointed unless a new crisis comes in from somewhere.
The EU's underlying problems (banking, Greek debt, right wing extremism, migration etc etc.) haven't been fixed and until they have another crisis could very easily happen there just as it could here.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:24   #645
Mick
Cable Forum Team

I think every member State if acted independently, would thrive better than being in a EU bloc, there is only about 10ish net contributors, we are one of them.

Some of the 28 are having their life choked out if them, just look at how many deals we could have, but oh no, we have to conform to EU rules and cannot set our own trade deals.

I don’t think anybody wants Europe as a continent to fail, but I care very little on the corrupt EU.
Closed Thread