Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit discussion
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 21:13   #1981
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Sometimes people just vote for change, any change in the hope it might be better, regardless of the possible consequences. . Doesn't help that they've been fed so many lies. I can seen our United Kingdom becoming very divided indeed.
I've been fed lies for years, and I'm pretty sure most of the population has heard the same lies. We live in a society that lies about many things, we even lie to ourselves sometimes. But just because you hear lies doesn't mean you believe them. I voted out (and would again) because I personally was fed up with the direction our Country was being taken, not because someone told me to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm sick of all these independent reports that do nothing but give informed analysis all the time. I yearn for the good old days when a simple happy clappy slogan could be painted on the side of a bus and I wouldn't have to try and understand GCSE economics.
I see no difference between that infamous bus slogan, and these 'informed analysis' reports springing up - lies and deceit to convince the gullible
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2018, 22:49   #1982
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

You mean when WW3 was predicted if we vote out kind of lies just to try and make sure the vote was going the way they wanted
Old 07-02-2018, 22:56   #1983
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Oh wonderful, the red bus argument rears it's ugly head again.... Must be Groundhog Day, cue Sonny and Cher.... pffft, forget it, CBA...

I would still vote to leave the EU all the time. (Not tired of ever saying this though).
Old 08-02-2018, 00:15   #1984
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Sadly for leave voters, the saying that what goes around, comes around seems to be true with Brexit. Parts of the UK that voted Leave in the referendum will suffer most as a result of Brexit, according to the cross-departmental Government impact assessment.
The north-east and the West Midlands would suffer the biggest hit to growth, while London, which voted heavily for Remain, would be least negatively affected.
Old 08-02-2018, 00:32   #1985
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Sadly for leave voters, the saying that what goes around, comes around seems to be true with Brexit. Parts of the UK that voted Leave in the referendum will suffer most as a result of Brexit, according to the cross-departmental Government impact assessment.
The north-east and the West Midlands would suffer the biggest hit to growth, while London, which voted heavily for Remain, would be least negatively affected.
exactly and the Brextremists will be the biggest moaners ever when it happens
Old 08-02-2018, 05:41   #1986
RizzyKing

So we have gone from guessing possibles economics to knowing how brexiters will respond oh my you remainers are clever people how could anyone doubt you. I voted leave would vote leave again and I'm on benefits so know I'll be amongst those who will feel the impact and I'm good with that if it means we avoid becoming just another state in the U.S.E and the glorious united european military and police. Hey you remember how nick clegg told people that a european military wouldn't happen bet he feels a bit silly now they have started on that.

Or how about the time the EU tried to have non eurozone countries responsible for the debt of eurozone countries that was a chuckle and I'm sure our remainer contingent would have been happy to pay for that (that ones on the backburner for now). Lets look at Mr macron who feels the UK voted for brexit as there wasn't enough regulation and free market attitude in the EU he has his thumb on the pulse doesn't he. Now we have a leak about how the EU plans to punish the UK during any transitional phase and our remainer contingent brushes past that as they do with anything that doesn't paint their beloved EU in a postive light.

You really don't have to look too hard for a miriad of reasons why getting out of the EU though painful initially will eventually be the best thing for the UK and why is it our media that hunts down any anti brexit stories with great enthusiasm still doesn't report on the german industry displeasure with merkel over the EU's negotiating attitude or the concerns the french have over a no deal it's always "british government this" never a thing about the circus going on elsewhere.

I voted leave without needing the red bus (that seems to have worked on remainers more then any leave voter I've so far met or talked too) no politician spouting garbage involved and that's why remain lost you were too busy patting yourself on the back for being superior and not realising that most leave voters had reached that decision a long time before we got the chance to vote.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:55   #1987
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
No we won’t because it won’t happen. Those Fake Forcasts created by project fear types are made up nonsense, just like all the other fake bullshit by project fear was false, in the immediate aftermath of the referendum vote.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:16   #1988
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No we won’t because it won’t happen. Those Fake Forcasts created by project fear types are made up nonsense, just like all the other fake bullshit by project fear was false, in the immediate aftermath of the referendum vote.
This latest report was done by David Davies’ department, the Department for Exiting the European Union.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:34   #1989
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Apart from lost tax revenues due to slower growth which could be spent on our schools, housing, NHS and armed forces - nothing will be lost.
Once we have left the EU, we will still be trading with the EU, but we will also have our own trading deals with the rest of the world. Slower growth? I doubt it, old chap.

---------- Post added at 07:34 ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 ----------

Quote:
Project Fear remains alive and well. So transparent, to aim this at the staunchest Brexiteers.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:56   #1990
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Lets face it they'll never stop moaning and hating everything that moves. Wrong type of Brexit, Corbyn, May, faceless Whitehall bureaucrats, immigrants, all will be blamed for the Brexit shambles. They themselves are of course faultless; it was a good idea in principle after all, not their fault everyone else is a traitor and/or incompetent ??
Old 08-02-2018, 10:49   #1991
RizzyKing

Oh shut up MrK you constantly prattle on about the same rubbish and coming from you and others it's ironic given you've done nothing but moan, insult and insinuate since the referendum we couldn't match your remoaning without a good few years of practice. As usual you won't respond on anything negative about the EU so what is your view on the leaked document that shows the EU plans to punish the UK during the transitional phase??????.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:05   #1992
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Once we have left the EU, we will still be trading with the EU, but we will also have our own trading deals with the rest of the world. Slower growth? I doubt it, old chap.

Project Fear remains alive and well. So transparent, to aim this at the staunchest Brexiteers.
This is independent analysis produced by a pro-Brexit government. You would need to be smoking an unusual brand of ciogarette to think it's Project Fear! It's Project Reality!
Old 08-02-2018, 12:08   #1993
RizzyKing

Another of the usual suspects that has selective viewing and won't answer a simple asked question not surprised par for the course these days.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:24   #1994
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Another of the usual suspects that has selective viewing and won't answer a simple asked question not surprised par for the course these days.
What question can I answer for you?
Old 08-02-2018, 12:37   #1995
RizzyKing

Quote:
What question can I answer for you?
Absolutely pathetic and exactly what I've come to expect from you and MrK.

Closed Thread