Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media O2 to launch Volt bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media O2 to launch Volt bundles

Old 18-10-2021, 20:34   #16
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media O2 to launch Volt bundles

It’s quite the price rise on the RRP of Ultimate Oomph (equivalent) from £139 to £161.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-10-2021, 20:38   #17
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Gives them something new to offer me when I come to renegotiate next August hahahaha
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2021, 20:43   #18
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
Just tried to activate it on the o2 website and it says I 'already have Volt benefits, or can't get them in your area'

Could this be because I'm on a retentions deal at the moment? Currently on bigger bundle with 200m internet and extra V6 box.
I also get this error. Was wondering if it is due to the fact I cannot get 1gig in my area yet (on Oomph) Although doesn’t explain why I can’t get the data boost
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2021, 20:54   #19
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It’s quite the price rise on the RRP of Ultimate Oomph (equivalent) from £139 to £161.
And it looks like ultimate oomph doesn't exist anymore. So what benefits are you gaining from the RRP price rise, just double broadband speed? Seems a bit cheeky considering ultimate oomph is supposed to be the best.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2021, 21:15   #20
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
And it looks like ultimate oomph doesn't exist anymore. So what benefits are you gaining from the RRP price rise, just double broadband speed? Seems a bit cheeky considering ultimate oomph is supposed to be the best.
Ultimate Volt comes with Gig1 - although that's M600 until your area gets it's Gig1 release after which you'll get the upgrade.

You also get the O2 perks including an O2 Extra for 12 months.

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

Also, Oomph has been replaced by Volt for all bundles.
Old 18-10-2021, 21:38   #21
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Ultimate Volt comes with Gig1 - although that's M600 until your area gets it's Gig1 release after which you'll get the upgrade.

You also get the O2 perks including an O2 Extra for 12 months.

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

Also, Oomph has been replaced by Volt for all bundles.
Yes but the RRP is now £161 instead of £139. That's ridiculous considering the main change is just upgrading of broadband speed.
Old 18-10-2021, 21:54   #22
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Was the most recent £139 edition not include Gig1?

I don’t really know, I just know I’m paying a lot less than £162 in a retention deal. Think I’d to pay £5 to get Gig1 and UHD from my previous Oomph deal.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2021, 21:55   #23
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Was the most recent £139 edition not include Gig1?
It was M600
Old 19-10-2021, 16:54   #24
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

This is all so, so confusing.
I'm an Oomph customer. My contract's up in January. I pay £95/m.
I don't need broadband at stupid speeds – I'd just like what I've already got for another 18 months at the same price. Can I do that? Or do I have to go through the ridiculous process again of a long call to some poor sap in a call centre just to renew? They don't make it easy, do they?
Or will that Sky Glass leaflet Mrs Nialli picked up in Covent Garden yesterday be the way forward?
It's not very impressive from Virgin. I've been a customer since the nineties but they make it harder and harder to stay loyal with their confusing bundles laden with things I don't need
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 17:01   #25
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Oomph isn't available anymore, so at the point of renewal for any offers on an existing Oomph bundle, I'd expect you'll be offered a deal on the equivalent Volt bundle with an O2 SIM.
Old 19-10-2021, 17:07   #26
nialli
cf.geek

nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Oomph isn't available anymore, so at the point of renewal for any offers on an existing Oomph bundle, I'd expect you'll be offered a deal on the equivalent Volt bundle with an O2 SIM.
Is it still possible to keep my V6 boxes as part of a Volt package?
Old 19-10-2021, 17:14   #27
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Currently yes as far as I know. I can't guarantee something for the future though.
Old 19-10-2021, 19:13   #28
nialli
cf.geek

Quote:
Currently yes as far as I know. I can't guarantee something for the future though.
Thanks Ben. It’s disappointing that the bundle prices remain high despite customers losing Disney and Discovery channels recently

Last edited by nialli; 19-10-2021 at 19:22.
Old 19-10-2021, 19:56   #29
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
But what's the point of that when you already have VM unlimited sim?
Old 19-10-2021, 21:08   #30
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
But what's the point of that when you already have VM unlimited sim?
My understanding is that once any current Oomph offer ends, you wouldn't get a new one. So you'd be able to carry on with your Oomph bundle including the Virgin Mobile SIM at the full price.

Any new cable and mobile bundle offer would be a Volt bundle.