Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 20:29   #4936
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Has Netflix increased the top tier by £1 for new subscribers as it's now showing as £10.99.

I'm pretty sure all plans have increased looking at the prices.
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2019, 20:42   #4937
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Has Netflix increased the top tier by £1 for new subscribers as it's now showing as £10.99.

I'm pretty sure all plans have increased looking at the prices.
Yes I think they have. I’m paying £7.99 for the mid tier but the sign-up page is now asking for £8.99.

Mind you that page wants £11.99 off me for the premium tier so maybe they’re just making it up as they go along.
Old 06-03-2019, 20:46   #4938
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yes I think they have. I’m paying £7.99 for the mid tier but the sign-up page is now asking for £8.99.

Mind you that page wants £11.99 off me for the premium tier so maybe they’re just making it up as they go along.
Thanks Chris

How weird is that the plans show as follows for me

Basic £6.99
Standard £8.99
Premium £10.99

Obviously testing Price increases in the UK and other parts of Europe
https://advanced-television.com/2019...dels-in-italy/

Last edited by muppetman11; 06-03-2019 at 21:23.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:00   #4939
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

How long before Netflix is no cheaper than an entry level pay TV subscription ?
Old 07-03-2019, 11:02   #4940
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
How long before Netflix is no cheaper than an entry level pay TV subscription ?
That is a pretty inevitable scenario...
Old 07-03-2019, 11:27   #4941
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Thanks Chris

How weird is that the plans show as follows for me

Basic £6.99
Standard £8.99
Premium £10.99

Obviously testing Price increases in the UK and other parts of Europe
https://advanced-television.com/2019...dels-in-italy/
I've just gone to the sign up page and the prices for me show as

Basic £5.99
Standard £7.99
Premium £9.99

I do currently pay £7.99 but this was on a PC I have never signed into my account on.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:13   #4942
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Shows as 6.99, 8.99 and 10.99 here from the sign-up page.
Old 07-03-2019, 13:23   #4943
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That is a pretty inevitable scenario...
Strange Den our resident all things streaming hasn't commented or would this go against his streaming will be much cheaper theory.
Old 07-03-2019, 13:30   #4944
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Strange Den our resident all things streaming hasn't commented or would this go against his streaming will be much cheaper theory.
Don't worry MM l am sure he will comment once he has found his answer in his well worn bible of contradictions.
Old 07-03-2019, 19:22   #4945
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Shows as 6.99, 8.99 and 10.99 here from the sign-up page.
Ok explain this to me, all done over the same wireless network?

If i go to the Netflix UK signup page on my PC i get these prices...

Basic £5.99
Standard £7.99
Premium £9.99

If i go via my Android phone i get these prices...

Basic £6.99
Standard £8.99
Premium £10.99
Old 07-03-2019, 19:35   #4946
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Ok explain this to me, all done over the same wireless network?

If i go to the Netflix UK signup page on my PC i get these prices...

Basic £5.99
Standard £7.99
Premium £9.99

If i go via my Android phone i get these prices...
Basic £6.99
Standard £8.99
Premium £10.99
Here’s what I get on an iPad (attached pic)

It shows
Basic £5.99
Standard £7.99
Premium £9.99

Looking at my Android phone, it says
Basic £6.99
Standard £8.99
Premium £10.99

So, it’s not just you...
Attached Images
File Type: png 1B1DB607-5346-448B-84E2-52EEEE2E3DA7.png (202.3 KB, 8 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 07-03-2019 at 19:38.
Old 07-03-2019, 20:02   #4947
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Very strange!
Old 07-03-2019, 20:04   #4948
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
So how does the basic package of Netflix shows at £6.99 compare with the basic Virgin Media or Sky package, then?

And how does the premium package of £10.99 with UHD compare with the premium package of Sky and Virgin with UHD?

Answers on a postcard, please.
Old 07-03-2019, 20:25   #4949
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So how does the basic package of Netflix shows at £6.99 compare with the basic Virgin Media or Sky package, then?

And how does the premium package of £10.99 with UHD compare with the premium package of Sky and Virgin with UHD?

Answers on a postcard, please.
As per usual your changing your argument , you told us a bunch of streaming services now we are just comparing one. It won't be long before the Netflix HD package is touching £10.

Add in all these other services you keep telling us and people will eventually end up spending more.
Old 07-03-2019, 20:54   #4950
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
As per usual your changing your argument , you told us a bunch of streaming services now we are just comparing one. It won't be long before the Netflix HD package is touching £10.

Add in all these other services you keep telling us and people will eventually end up spending more.
You have to remember MM a leopard never changes its spots.