Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2008 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2008 Season

Old 06-04-2008, 19:48   #31
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Formula 1 2008 Season

[QUOTE=homealone;34522429]
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post

looks like the telemetry doesn't agree

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66448

The media would like nothing better than a feud between Hamilton & Alonso, but I think we have to be wary of that - Martin Brundle did only call what he saw, but didn't appear to give Alonso much in the way of the benefit of the doubt??

I have to say I agreed with him, at the time
in that case i withdraw my allegation, must say it looked a little to convenient for it to be accidental, and given alonso's past dirty tricks my blood pressure went up thru the roof
Old 07-04-2008, 12:02   #32
Chorlton
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, L BB and phone. Virgin mobile
Chorlton is a jewel in the roughChorlton is a jewel in the roughChorlton is a jewel in the roughChorlton is a jewel in the roughChorlton is a jewel in the rough

I might just be being cynical but don't all teams employ tech gurus, and is it possible to 'adjust' data - seems to be done in every other industry/walk of life to suit the circumstances.
I'm sure someone will point out this is impossible to do - but so was flying at one time (for man anyway)
Chorlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 18:46   #33
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Well, Hamilton's blown it by running into the back of Raikkonen in the pit lane...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 18:54   #34
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The accident is to be investigated after the race.

Taking bets that FIA (Ferrari International Assistance) try an ban him from a race or two.
Old 08-06-2008, 19:01   #35
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
The accident is to be investigated after the race.

Taking bets that FIA (Ferrari International Assistance) try an ban him from a race or two.
max will probably send a couple of storm troopers round
Old 08-06-2008, 20:10   #36
Woolly One
Inactive

Services: 20mb bb - XL TV
Woolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of Quads

Just wait for tomorrows Sports pages -

Lewis does a boris

- insert picture of Boris Johnson cycling through red light -

Woolly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 21:25   #37
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Well, Hamilton's blown it by running into the back of Raikkonen in the pit lane...
Bizarre incident, I've only seen it a couple of times, but I almost thought Lewis was accelerating when he hit Raikkonen ???

Well done Kubica, I still can't believe he survived that crash, last year, so a testament to his guts, as well as his ability, imo

Good result for David Coulthard, too - but Massa's opportunistic overtaking manoeuvres were the highlight of the race for me - such a shame Ferrari messed up his pit stop ....
Old 08-06-2008, 21:36   #38
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
Bizarre incident, I've only seen it a couple of times, but I almost thought Lewis was accelerating when he hit Raikkonen ???
He wasn't watching the pit lane lights which stay at red until the pace car has cleared the pit area. He thought he could just accelerate back into the race as normal, whereas Kimi was obeying the traffic signals...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 22:13   #39
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
He wasn't watching the pit lane lights which stay at red until the pace car has cleared the pit area. He thought he could just accelerate back into the race as normal, whereas Kimi was obeying the traffic signals...
aye, but it almost looked like, for a split second, he thought 'they have slowed down, I'll go past them' - and then realised, too late, they had actually stopped ???
Old 08-06-2008, 22:25   #40
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
aye, but it almost looked like, for a split second, he thought 'they have slowed down, I'll go past them' - and then realised, too late, they had actually stopped ???
Yeah thats what I thought
Old 09-06-2008, 00:12   #41
johnnyposs
Baldie Bouncer

Services: 10mb BB
johnnyposs has a spectacular aura about themjohnnyposs has a spectacular aura about themjohnnyposs has a spectacular aura about themjohnnyposs has a spectacular aura about them

Lewis Hamilton has been penalised for the pitlane crash, he will drop 10 places
in the next race in France.
johnnyposs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 00:16   #42
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

I don't really follow F1, but a newbie thought came to me: Does Raikkonen get any compensation? Or his team?
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 00:28   #43
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
I don't really follow F1, but a newbie thought came to me: Does Raikkonen get any compensation? Or his team?
At least as much as Sutil got, a couple of weeks ago, presumably ??
Old 09-06-2008, 00:29   #44
keithwalton
Inactive

keithwalton has reached the bronze age
keithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze age

I'm impressed the stewards that are supposed to attend every race to ensure everyone gets the same treatment obviously favour ferrari ...

Kimi hits Sutil from behind and is able to continue whilst sutil is knocked out of the race - Kimi recieves no penalty.
Lewis hits Kimi and takes them both out of the race and get a 10 place grid penalty.
Nico hits Lewis but continues in the race whilst lewis doesn't, Nico gets a 10 place grid penalty.

Same offences, different punishments. Yes lewis was silly down the pitlane he did see the red light just to late to stop properly, as well he had 1 car legnth less stopping distance than the other two.
On a side note, kimi should not of been on the left, your supposed to wait in single file, so technically kimi should not of been there for lewis to hit! But i'm sure he wont get punished!

As for compensation no he doesn't get any, though I bet force india would like some free engines!
keithwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:37   #45
tcbass
Inactive

Services: L TV-V+ & L BB
tcbass will become famous soon enoughtcbass will become famous soon enoughtcbass will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwalton View Post
I'm impressed the stewards that are supposed to attend every race to ensure everyone gets the same treatment obviously favour ferrari ...

Kimi hits Sutil from behind and is able to continue whilst sutil is knocked out of the race - Kimi recieves no penalty.
Lewis hits Kimi and takes them both out of the race and get a 10 place grid penalty.
Nico hits Lewis but continues in the race whilst lewis doesn't, Nico gets a 10 place grid penalty.

Same offences, different punishments. Yes lewis was silly down the pitlane he did see the red light just to late to stop properly, as well he had 1 car legnth less stopping distance than the other two.
On a side note, kimi should not of been on the left, your supposed to wait in single file, so technically kimi should not of been there for lewis to hit! But i'm sure he wont get punished!

As for compensation no he doesn't get any, though I bet force india would like some free engines!
By that reasoning Lewis should have had a penalty for driving up the back of Alonso in Bahrain.
Not to mention every other driver that has ever driven into the back of another car, they'll be busy after those first corner incidents.

The two incidents are fundamentally different as Kimi's (and Lewis in Bahrain for that matter) was an racing incident i.e. an accident that happens from time to time. Kimi had lost control of the car way before he hit Sutil.

This one was not an racing incident, Lewis said so himself. They weren't even racing at the time as they were stationary when he drove straight into the back of them, and would not have happened if Lewis hadn't been driving with his eyes shut.

The penalties are given if the stewards deem the incident to have been the sole fault of the driver alone and wholly avoidable.

Lets just face it he screwed up big time, drove into the back of someone completely unnecessarily and got the penalty consistently handed out in these situations.

Listening to ITV and the way James ****ing Alan was going on it was Kimis fault for stopping for the red light.
"They hit each other" - Newer heard such drivel, Lewis hit Kimi and he managet that one all on his own thank you!
tcbass is offline   Reply With Quote