Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 24-03-2020, 14:19   #7486
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Why o why did they not release the app a few days early, that way we could be sure our equipment can support it before taking advantage of the special offer.

Nothing like the last minute
Advertisement
Old 24-03-2020, 14:33   #7487
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Why o why did they not release the app a few days early, that way we could be sure our equipment can support it before taking advantage of the special offer.

Nothing like the last minute
There were lots of articles about what it would be on going around beforehand e.g.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/disn...u-need-to-know
Old 24-03-2020, 14:53   #7488
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Talking Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
As usual l was wrong.
Old 24-03-2020, 15:12   #7489
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Tried the free trial but not sure I'd continue.
Old 24-03-2020, 15:38   #7490
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Tried the free trial but not sure I'd continue.
I've just had to physically separate my kids from it in order to get them back to their home schooling. I don't think there's going to be much else on tv in our house for weeks now.
Old 24-03-2020, 16:19   #7491
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Changing the subject completely can anyone recommend a podcast app for Fire TV devices please?
I used to use the Kodi iTunes addon but that no longer works.
In these unprecedented times I thought I would revisit listening to some podcasts for some entertainment whilst in lockdown so would appreciate any suggestions.

As an aside maybe we could add in hidden online entertainment gems others may not know about in this thread to keep our fellow forum members entertained?
Old 24-03-2020, 16:48   #7492
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Disney+ arrived on compatible Samsung smart TVs early this morning.

I now need to know what satanic arts Disney employed in order to set their UK launch date to coincide with coronavirus lockdown.
Love a conspiracy theory Chris
Disney plus arrived on my Samsung tv and the quality of the streams is excellent.
Old 24-03-2020, 18:31   #7493
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Disney+ arrived on compatible Samsung smart TVs early this morning.

I now need to know what satanic arts Disney employed in order to set their UK launch date to coincide with coronavirus lockdown.
On my LG mid afternoon
Old 24-03-2020, 21:07   #7494
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Very interesting you can watch on demand episodes of the simpsons now on All4 https://www.channel4.com/programmes/.../episode-guide
Old 24-03-2020, 21:47   #7495
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
There were lots of articles about what it would be on going around beforehand e.g.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/disn...u-need-to-know
Thanks Ben, I'd seen various articles but nothing that gave me enough confidence to actually subscribe. Looks like I was right not to, the article states Samsung smart TVs but unfortunately the app isn't available on mine.

Good job I didn't waste my £50. I'll have to wait until either the V6 gets it or it eventually appears on the Now TV Stick.
Old 24-03-2020, 22:24   #7496
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Very interesting you can watch on demand episodes of the simpsons now on All4 https://www.channel4.com/programmes/.../episode-guide
Interestingly, All4's Simpson's episodes end at Series 21 and Sky's end at Series 31.
Old 25-03-2020, 00:21   #7497
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Changing the subject completely can anyone recommend a podcast app for Fire TV devices please?
I used to use the Kodi iTunes addon but that no longer works.
In these unprecedented times I thought I would revisit listening to some podcasts for some entertainment whilst in lockdown so would appreciate any suggestions.

As an aside maybe we could add in hidden online entertainment gems others may not know about in this thread to keep our fellow forum members entertained?
Whenever i ask my Echo to play a podcast it uses Tunein
Old 25-03-2020, 02:15   #7498
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Not sure exactly when it happened but Hayu has been removed from the Search & Discover menu.

The app is currently still available in Apps & Games.

Despite the app being available for ages, Prime Video still hasn't been added to the Search & Discover menu.
I got an email from Hayu today saying that after April 6th it will no longer be an included subscription under VM, and would have to be paid for separately. There wasn’t much on it I watched, a couple of documentaries, and I always intended to go in and catch up on a few series of Top Chef. But not enough to justify paying for it.
Old 25-03-2020, 09:21   #7499
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels View Post
I got an email from Hayu today saying that after April 6th it will no longer be an included subscription under VM, and would have to be paid for separately. There wasn’t much on it I watched, a couple of documentaries, and I always intended to go in and catch up on a few series of Top Chef. But not enough to justify paying for it.
Hayu is just intolerable rubbish to my mind. Hopefully, Virgin will replace it with something much better. Disney+ to top end viewers, perhaps, free of extra charge?
Old 25-03-2020, 09:23   #7500
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Hayu is just intolerable rubbish to my mind. Hopefully, Virgin will replace it with something much better. Disney+ to top end viewers, perhaps, free of extra charge?
Dream on OB.
Closed Thread