Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Vivid 350?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Vivid 350?

Old 23-03-2018, 16:37   #121
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Re: Vivid 350?

While the Vivid 350mb users proberbly pay extra for the same level of service.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-03-2018, 18:23   #122
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

I have been on 350Mb for ages, but it has only just become available according to the VM postcode check. CV3 6**. A completely new VM area 2 blocks away, which has newly installed FTTP, only has 200Mb as its headline maximum speed! You have to dig deeper to see that 350Mb is available.

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
Why do you all need 380/21 for? Why? At present 80/20 is more than enough for every days streaming, downloading etc. I just don't understand why everyone's want this 380/21 so badly or is it to show off speed test or mine is faster than your?

If virgin media 380/21 or BT 330/30 is available to my house I wouldn't bother to have it. More than happy with my current 80/20 FTTC. Don't need faster than that at present.
Two reasons:
1) I can, and often do, download a 2Gb torrent file, in 49 seconds. That means I can reduce the length of time I require to cane the network right down to a minimum. I just wish I had better upload speed to get my share ratio to 1:1, just as quickly.
2) Having two teen gamers/4K video streamers in the house means my service is never compromised.

BTW You changed your tune!
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 19:20   #123
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

that's great but as always they let you know about 6 months after they have already done it
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 12:54   #124
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Was anyone ever on "300" though?

I thought everyone on the 300 package were always put on "350" from the start?

Since the gamer package was retired this is the only way I could get 20 up, which I kind of need for working from home.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 15:01   #125
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

when it very first came out they were. I think ever since they made the decision to do the phased upgrade though, which started around July last year, all new subscribers were automatically put onto vivd 350 because vivid 300 becomes one of those blacklisted codes which you can't add to an account anymore.
Old 24-03-2018, 17:53   #126
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Was anyone ever on "300" though?

I thought everyone on the 300 package were always put on "350" from the start?

Since the gamer package was retired this is the only way I could get 20 up, which I kind of need for working from home.
I was through Homeworks.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 12:05   #127
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

300 was a 345mbit max traffic rate, 350 is a 402mbit max traffic rate, they are and always were 2 different products.

I had 300 through homeworks, then Vivid 300 once it was a thing, then 350 a few months back as soon as it was an option.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 22:10   #128
ethan103
cf.addict

Services: VM350, Sky Q Silver.
ethan103 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im on Vivid 200 Gamer, is there anyway to find out when your area might get 300 / 350 Mb ?

Spoke to VM and they simply said its not in my area yet?
ethan103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 22:34   #129
General Maximus
Ran Away

350 might not be but all areas should be enabled for homeworks/vivid300 and when i requested it i was automatically put on 350
Old 05-04-2018, 15:39   #130
LFC Scouser
Gigabyte Greed

Services: 2 x V6 Box, VIP Bundle, M600, etc.
LFC Scouser is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had an issue with this for some time.

I'm on Vivid 200, however as a new customer (same postcode and house number) - I would be eligible for Vivid 350... my area supports it yet they seem to not want to support me as a previous customer.

CS have always been a bit hit and miss when it comes to upgrades and recently whenever I have tried contacting CS they have always had "computer issues" and they can't do anything to help me.

~~J
LFC Scouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 19:40   #131
ethan103
cf.addict

Services: VM350, Sky Q Silver.
ethan103 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC Scouser View Post
I've had an issue with this for some time.

I'm on Vivid 200, however as a new customer (same postcode and house number) - I would be eligible for Vivid 350... my area supports it yet they seem to not want to support me as a previous customer.

CS have always been a bit hit and miss when it comes to upgrades and recently whenever I have tried contacting CS they have always had "computer issues" and they can't do anything to help me.

~~J
I've had the same for days and then by chance checked uSwitch today.

It said I could get 350 even though VM on the phone said I couldnt.

Did a web chat and now this:

Plus it was cheaper than my old 200 Gamer Package.
ethan103 is offline   Reply With Quote