Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 21-09-2015, 09:47   #2011
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Also picture is 720p on catch up but only SD on live.
True. Forgot to mention that. Probably because I never watch anything live.
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2015, 12:56   #2012
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

So all live TV is in SD on a now tv box? What about the xbox one app?
Old 21-09-2015, 13:04   #2013
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
So all live TV is in SD on a now tv box? What about the xbox one app?
You've rung some kind of a bell. I think, one specific device, and I can't remember which one, does live TV at 720p. Not hundred % sure on that though. It definitely isn't the Now TV box though.
Old 21-09-2015, 13:16   #2014
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I will have a google, but i really want now tv on the xbox so hope the picture quality is ok.
Old 21-09-2015, 13:54   #2015
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Live TV at 720p is on Apple TV.
Old 21-09-2015, 14:18   #2016
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
You've rung some kind of a bell. I think, one specific device, and I can't remember which one, does live TV at 720p. Not hundred % sure on that though. It definitely isn't the Now TV box though.
Apple tv i think.
Old 21-09-2015, 16:41   #2017
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I am not sure what to do now about Now TV being SD on a live broadcast only on everything apart from the Apple TV! Guess i will have to try it for a month.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Streaming-Quality
Old 21-09-2015, 17:05   #2018
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I am not sure what to do now about Now TV being SD on a live broadcast only on everything apart from the Apple TV! Guess i will have to try it for a month.

The SD quality is pretty good if I'm honest although my preference would be On Demand at 720p.

Old 21-09-2015, 17:06   #2019
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The SD quality is pretty good if I'm honest
That is good to hear as my hardware choice for watching NOW TV is via the Xbox One.
Old 21-09-2015, 17:30   #2020
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Actually appletv has netflix aswell as nowtv but only bbc iplayer from the big 4, you can change dns on appletv too they are currently going for £40 atm, no idea if you get any free passes though.
Old 21-09-2015, 17:46   #2021
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Actually appletv has netflix aswell as nowtv but only bbc iplayer from the big 4, you can change dns on appletv too they are currently going for £40 atm, no idea if you get any free passes though.
I want to use it through the Xbox One only, no faffing around as i already have the DNS changed on that, so i am stuck with it at SD i guess will have to check the quality to see if it is any good on a 40in LCD, not very happy about it now.
Old 21-09-2015, 18:55   #2022
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
I want to use it through the Xbox One only, no faffing around as i already have the DNS changed on that, so i am stuck with it at SD i guess will have to check the quality to see if it is any good on a 40in LCD, not very happy about it now.
Is there any reason that you have to watch live? Sky are very good at putting their shows on catchup quickly, so they can be watched at 720p (and without adds) the following day.
Old 21-09-2015, 19:09   #2023
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Is there any reason that you have to watch live? Sky are very good at putting their shows on catchup quickly, so they can be watched at 720p (and without adds) the following day.
The missus wants Comedy Central running in the background all the time, i would also do the same with Sky 1 and Atlantic, so we really do want those as live.

I will just have to try Now TV at the £1 a month offer and see how bad it is, but i won't do it for a few weeks.
Old 21-09-2015, 19:10   #2024
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Nowtv is fine on my Samsung 40inch led tv, the rare times i've watched it live it's been fine quality wise but as PB said SKY are very quick normally to add stuff to catch up, some stuff is there within a hour after it's broadcast.
Old 21-09-2015, 19:11   #2025
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The missus wants Comedy Central running in the background all the time, i would also do the same with Sky 1 and Atlantic, so we really do want those as live.

I will just have to try Now TV at the £1 a month offer and see how bad it is, but i won't do it for a few weeks.
I've used the SD channels on a 55" UHD TV and a 43" HD and the quality is decent for SD in my opinion.
Closed Thread