Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 22-02-2020, 19:41   #1156
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
Just wondering if anyone watched the movie premiere of The Curse of La Llorona in HD on Virgin Media Sky Premier the movie never looked any thing like HD I think 720p at Best
Just to be picky but 720p is HD.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2020, 10:57   #1157
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun View Post
Ok, I know it's only the middle of February but has anybody heard anything about when this might be happening? I'm really rather looking forward to being able to watch Sky Sports on my shiny new 4K TV!
It won't be until the UHD standalone subscription gets rolled-out to Sky's own customers. I suspect this is so Virgin need to charge extra for Sky Sports UHD like they do for Sky Sports HD.

Last edited by bubblegun; 23-02-2020 at 10:57. Reason: typo
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2020, 17:11   #1158
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

HDR has been added now to Amazon Prime on the V6.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2020, 17:13   #1159
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
It won't be until the UHD standalone subscription gets rolled-out to Sky's own customers. I suspect this is so Virgin need to charge extra for Sky Sports UHD like they do for Sky Sports HD.
That has happened now.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2020, 17:22   #1160
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

How much are they charging for UHD access?

EDIT: Looks like it's £8* for a combined HD/UHD pack. So technically only another £3 a month.

*Looks like that's an introductory offer - it's £9 normally

Last edited by Bob; 17-03-2020 at 17:43. Reason: Found it myself :-)
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 13:15   #1161
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Music concerts on Virgin TV Ultra HD

Shawn Mendes: Live From Melrose Ballroom, NYC
Saturday 11 April, 10.50pm

Elvis Costello: Detour Live At The Liverpool Philharmonic Hall
Sunday 12 April, 10.40pm

Liam Gallagher: Live In New York
Saturday 18 April, 10.40pm

Eric Clapton: Slowhand At 70
Sunday 19 April, 10.35pm

The Rolling Stones: Havana Moon
Saturday 25 April, 10.45pm

Weather Festival: Derrick May And Friends
Sunday 26 April, 8pm

Sting: Live At The Olympia Paris
Sunday 26 April, 10.35pm

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...tv-uhd-channel

Unfortunately they are exclusive to Full House / Maxit TV customers.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 15:20   #1162
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

They've had some decent drama and nature programmes on the UHD channel as well.
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 13:43   #1163
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

With the football returning on Sky, has anyone seen any new of Sky Sports UHD coming to Virgin yet?

Been a long time coming for 2020
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 13:48   #1164
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
With the football returning on Sky, has anyone seen any new of Sky Sports UHD coming to Virgin yet?

Been a long time coming for 2020
None.
Old 17-06-2020, 14:11   #1165
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
None.
I didn't think so.

They are taking their time lol
Old 17-06-2020, 14:14   #1166
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Is the UHD sport, that VM is supposed to get, even on Sky's own service though?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 14:30   #1167
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Is the UHD sport, that VM is supposed to get, even on Sky's own service though?
As far as I am aware, yes.

The UHD sports feed has to be accessed via the red/green button, but they were there last time I heard.
This has been in place for football and F1, it may have branched out to golf, but I'm not 100% sure
Old 17-06-2020, 15:17   #1168
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
As far as I am aware, yes.

The UHD sports feed has to be accessed via the red/green button, but they were there last time I heard.
This has been in place for football and F1, it may have branched out to golf, but I'm not 100% sure
Ah, OK. Ta.

I was under the impression Sky were launching a broadcast UHD sports channel this year on top of the streaming.
Old 17-06-2020, 15:27   #1169
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Ah, OK. Ta.

I was under the impression Sky were launching a broadcast UHD sports channel this year on top of the streaming.
Oh, I don't know about a specific UHD channel. I guess that may come in the future.

I wasn't sure if Virgin would use the same approach as Sky using the red button or have a dedicated UHD channel for each.

Guess it makes sense after typing it to adopt the red button approach for now. Otherwise they may need a UHD channel for each sports channel that has UHD available.
Old 17-06-2020, 16:40   #1170
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Oh, I don't know about a specific UHD channel. I guess that may come in the future.

I wasn't sure if Virgin would use the same approach as Sky using the red button or have a dedicated UHD channel for each.

Guess it makes sense after typing it to adopt the red button approach for now. Otherwise they may need a UHD channel for each sports channel that has UHD available.
The wording, as I recall, wasn't specific, but gave me impression there would be a broadcast element and maybe they were simply waiting for Sky to launch it. But perfectly easy that I misinterpreted it.

I'd think Sky would just launch one movie channel and one sports channel and the rest would be streaming, so maybe Sky Cinema Premiere UHD and Sky Sports Main Event UHD. That has been what I was expecting.