Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 31-10-2014, 08:34   #901
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
WWE network will be available in UK from November 18th you can sign up on November 3rd and it will be free during November.
Also they are scrapping the 6 month commitment too it will now be $9.99p/m on a month by month basis.
The WWE Network will cost the equivalant of $9.99p/m which works out at about £6.20p/m, i have included a screenshot of the email i got from WWE.
Finally! I also have got this email. So I'm guessing you sign up on Monday snd then cancel at the end of November if you don't want to continue without being charged? Decent

But it seems as if they couldn't find any partners in the uk. Which is completely shoddy and hilariously bad business by them as they've missed out on 3 months of income from U.K. customers as they desperately tried to get sky to partner up and then failed
Advertisement
Old 31-10-2014, 11:06   #902
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Finally! I also have got this email. So I'm guessing you sign up on Monday snd then cancel at the end of November if you don't want to continue without being charged? Decent

But it seems as if they couldn't find any partners in the uk. Which is completely shoddy and hilariously bad business by them as they've missed out on 3 months of income from U.K. customers as they desperately tried to get sky to partner up and then failed
From what i've read across various forums WWE as a whole aren't doing too good at the moment.
Edit- i got dates mixed up the network launches in uk monday 3rd November is free for November however ps3,smart tv etc apps won't be available in uk until 18th November, but you can use your laptop until then.
Old 31-10-2014, 12:06   #903
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Probably going to cancel my sub in November. Haven't watched it for about 6 weeks. Trouble is, I want to watch all the RAW and SD's from 2002 to 2006 but they still haven't got them up yet. If that was likely to come before the end of 2014 I would hold off cancelling my sub.
Old 31-10-2014, 12:35   #904
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Probably going to cancel my sub in November. Haven't watched it for about 6 weeks. Trouble is, I want to watch all the RAW and SD's from 2002 to 2006 but they still haven't got them up yet. If that was likely to come before the end of 2014 I would hold off cancelling my sub.
I agree with you but at least from December though we can now subscribe on a month by month basis rather than need a 6 month commitment which i think is a step in the right direction.
Old 31-10-2014, 15:39   #905
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Just a bit of advice from any of you guys who have received a code from Virgin for a six month free trial on Netflix. I registered with Netflix last year and took out their one month free trial, I had to put in my credit card details in case I let it run for a bit longer, which I did actually, anyway I've now got this code from Virgin, but when I enter it on the Netflix site ( I'ts accepting the code ) I'm still being asked which monthly scheme I'd like to take out, i.e SD at £5.99 per month or HD at £6.99, is this standard procedure in case I overrun the six month free trial?

Thanks.
Old 31-10-2014, 18:56   #906
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Just a bit of advice from any of you guys who have received a code from Virgin for a six month free trial on Netflix. I registered with Netflix last year and took out their one month free trial, I had to put in my credit card details in case I let it run for a bit longer, which I did actually, anyway I've now got this code from Virgin, but when I enter it on the Netflix site ( I'ts accepting the code ) I'm still being asked which monthly scheme I'd like to take out, i.e SD at £5.99 per month or HD at £6.99, is this standard procedure in case I overrun the six month free trial?

Thanks.
Hmmm odd as mine automatically went to £5.99p/m option, however i was a Netflix subscriber befor i got a vm code though and i'm on a programme my price stays at £5.99p/m until 2016.
I think you're getting the new pricing scheme as you wasn't a subscriber before.
Old 31-10-2014, 19:01   #907
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Hmmm odd as mine automatically went to £5.99p/m option, however i was a Netflix subscriber befor i got a vm code though and i'm on a programme my price stays at £5.99p/m until 2016.
I think you're getting the new pricing scheme as you wasn't a subscriber before.
Thanks mate, but am I correct in saying that even though you are given a free six months code you still need to put in credit/debit card details?
Old 31-10-2014, 19:21   #908
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Thanks mate, but am I correct in saying that even though you are given a free six months code you still need to put in credit/debit card details?
I had to when i did my initial 1 month free trial yes i used paypal though.
Old 31-10-2014, 21:57   #909
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
From what i've read across various forums WWE as a whole aren't doing too good at the moment.
Edit- i got dates mixed up the network launches in uk monday 3rd November is free for November however ps3,smart tv etc apps won't be available in uk until 18th November, but you can use your laptop until then.
it wont be available on iphones from 3rd?? thats a shame i could have done with watching it on buses...
Old 01-11-2014, 19:26   #910
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
it wont be available on iphones from 3rd?? thats a shame i could have done with watching it on buses...
Will work on your iPhone and iPads and all android devices from launch bud
Old 02-11-2014, 00:11   #911
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

The Amazon Instant video app has just been added to the US Tivo Roamio.

It is planned to be added to the Premier, which the VM Tivo is based on in 2015.

So if Amazon and VM want to do a deal, then theoretically, come next year, the technical functionality could be added.

The Roamio is capable of outputting Amazon video at 1080p/24 with DD+ 5.1 audio on titles with those encodes.
Old 03-11-2014, 18:40   #912
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Now TV was slated on last weeks Watchdog:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...s-34-episode-3

It's about halfway through for anyone interested in watching it

Problems included being cut off during crucial football matches, being given a ridiculously short window in which to view box sets etc.
Old 03-11-2014, 18:54   #913
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
The Amazon Instant video app has just been added to the US Tivo Roamio.

It is planned to be added to the Premier, which the VM Tivo is based on in 2015.

So if Amazon and VM want to do a deal, then theoretically, come next year, the technical functionality could be added.

The Roamio is capable of outputting Amazon video at 1080p/24 with DD+ 5.1 audio on titles with those encodes.
Great news, lets hope a deal can be struck. Cheers PB

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Now TV was slated on last weeks Watchdog:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...s-34-episode-3

It's about halfway through for anyone interested in watching it

Problems included being cut off during crucial football matches, being given a ridiculously short window in which to view box sets etc.
Haha, a slating indeed. It starts at about 38 mins in.
Old 03-11-2014, 19:59   #914
blue666666
Inactive

Services: XL tv bb 200 mb tivo 500gb box
blue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to all

The WWE Network was scheduled to go live today in the United Kingdom. Well, that didn’t go as planned. With just 20 minutes to go until the official WWE Network launch in the UK at 8pm local time (3pm EST), the WWE Network Twitter account sent out this message:

The launch of @WWENetwork in the U.K. has been delayed until further notice.

— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) November 3, 2014

As you can imagine, fans are already flipping out on Twitter and at the unofficial WWE Network subreddit.
link http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-network-uk-launch-delayed/
Old 03-11-2014, 20:19   #915
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Utter disgrace. Is vince McMahon determined to destroy his network?
Closed Thread