Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 17-08-2014, 18:08   #691
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Whilst trying to find out where I thought I'd read that the credit card problems with HBO Nordic had been sorted out, I came across this: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2165731 It says that it's because HBO Nordic changed their credit card processor, but that a solution is being sought. Also, there is a suggestion that a provider accessible to the UK may be better value. Hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Tbf mate i'm more than happy with the combination of netflix, hulu+ and nowtv. I'm getting all the shows i normally watch plus more for about £17p/m which is cracking value.
AFAIK, the credit card issue hasn't been resolved, and I suspect it won't be; seems more like a corporate decision than an accident to me. UK Credit cards used to signup before they switched processor still work.

That is a shame as it leaves Now TV as the only option for UK viewers and, for various reasons, in my opinion, Now TV is nowhere near as good as HBO Nordic if US cable type content is what you want.
Advertisement
Old 18-08-2014, 22:23   #692
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Just got a HBOGo shared account, just had to do a trade with someone in USA their hbo for my netflix.
Old 19-08-2014, 11:45   #693
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Just got a HBOGo shared account, just had to do a trade with someone in USA their hbo for my netflix.
Ha, ha! It's a shame we can't just get all of this stuff on the TIVO. What a rigmarole!
Old 19-08-2014, 12:14   #694
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Ha, ha! It's a shame we can't just get all of this stuff on the TIVO. What a rigmarole!
If you look around google mate there are people trading comcast accounts for vm tv anytime accounts.
Takes a lot of searching though lol.
Old 19-08-2014, 12:18   #695
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I suppose you could blame it on the greed of HBO. In the states, HBO is available as an add on Premium subscription channel to most cable and satellite operators. Here in the UK HBO chose to make large amounts of money by doing an exclusive deal with Sky.
Old 19-08-2014, 12:38   #696
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I suppose you could blame it on the greed of HBO. In the states, HBO is available as an add on Premium subscription channel to most cable and satellite operators. Here in the UK HBO chose to make large amounts of money by doing an exclusive deal with Sky.
Personally I'd sooner have it included with my package than have to pay for it as a premium standalone.
Old 19-08-2014, 13:01   #697
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
haha what a genius idea! so you can use netflix still and youve given your password to them too? very clever

any word on the wwe network mate? it says launching before the 1st of october. or does it mean it will launch on the 1st of october?
Old 19-08-2014, 13:05   #698
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Personally I'd sooner have it included with my package than have to pay for it as a premium standalone.
You're right; that's even better. But the way that has worked out in the UK is that you are tied to only one provider to be able to access that.

To be fair, Now TV does go some way to alleviating that situation. If Now TV offered a 'proper' HBO Go service with past seasons always available, and showed new season with episodes airing the day after US air dates, then it would be a very good solution; I had seen the Banshee Season 2 finale via HBO Nordic before Atlantic even started showing season 2.
Old 19-08-2014, 13:31   #699
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
haha what a genius idea! so you can use netflix still and youve given your password to them too? very clever

any word on the wwe network mate? it says launching before the 1st of october. or does it mean it will launch on the 1st of october?
I set up seperate user for them had to give password though but no biggie they have very high rep.
In return i gave him the code that came up on my appletv and he activated hbo for me, said once he gets to know me a bit he'll give me his direct tv to go log in so i can watch all the channels.

WWE Network 1st october will not be part of any package with Sky. It will be a streaming service and cost equivelent of $9.99 per month with a option to pay 6 months up front.
Old 19-08-2014, 13:38   #700
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I set up seperate user for them had to give password though but no biggie they have very high rep.
In return i gave him the code that came up on my appletv and he activated hbo for me, said once he gets to know me a bit he'll give me his direct tv to go log in so i can watch all the channels.

WWE Network 1st october will not be part of any package with Sky. It will be a streaming service and cost equivelent of $9.99 per month with a option to pay 6 months up front.
about 7 odd quid for us then. thats a bargain. is it only via paypal or can you via a direct debit each month??

you have the network dont you mate? Are all the old ppvs included? how many raws and smackdowns from what year?? any wcw nitros? sorry for the questions haha
Old 19-08-2014, 13:50   #701
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
about 7 odd quid for us then. thats a bargain. is it only via paypal or can you via a direct debit each month??

you have the network dont you mate? Are all the old ppvs included? how many raws and smackdowns from what year?? any wcw nitros? sorry for the questions haha
Every wwe,wcw,ecw ppv are included. There are no recent episodes of raw or Smackdown if i remember correctly the newest one is 2008 lol.
They are adding more episodes.
WCW Nitro and thunder are starting to be added now in with the monday night wars.
I pay by paypal there is only credit card or paypal options i'd imagine direct debit may be something they'll introduce in the future.
No need to apologise mate i'm more than happy to help if i can.
Old 19-08-2014, 14:22   #702
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
No offence, but I don't know how you can be arsed with all that hassle mate, looks to me as if you must be glued to your TV set most of the time
Old 19-08-2014, 14:39   #703
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
No offence, but I don't know how you can be arsed with all that hassle mate, looks to me as if you must be glued to your TV set most of the time
It's no hassle at all and a lot cheaper method than subscribing to uk tv providers at the moment.
Appletv has the apps already installed it's just a simple case of someone activating them from their comcast/direct tv account for you.
Old 20-08-2014, 17:10   #704
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I just want it all on TiVo!
Old 21-08-2014, 13:09   #705
theone2k10
Inactive

Nowtv have started to add itv encore content to it's on demand library, signalling that itv encore will soon be broadcasting live on nowtv apparantly. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2000903
Closed Thread