Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 27-09-2020, 13:00   #1351
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

I put the UHD on to see what it looked downscaled to 1080p, and the main difference I noticed was that it was brighter.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2020, 21:38   #1352
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

people need to check their settings for hlg if they think it looks worse, its clearly a vast improvement and flicking back to HD to red button will show that to anyone.
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 18:48   #1353
RunningOnCable
cf.member

RunningOnCable is an unknown quantity at this point

Just looking for some advice. When I run 4K UHD HDR content on my Samsung TV from my PS4 if I press the "Info" button on my Samsung remote it says at the top the resolution along with 2 boxes, 1 saying UHD and the other HDR.

However, when watching HDR content on the V6 like the current French Open, and Netflix HDR content etc this does not appear on my TV, so is it really HDR? I've got the relevant options selected lile 2160p and 2160p pass through.

Photo of what I see below.

RunningOnCable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 18:59   #1354
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

My Panasonic reports HDR for Netflix and Eurosport 4K from the V6.

Are you sure the V6 is in a HDR enabled HDMI socket? May be worth swapping it with the PS4 to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningOnCable View Post
Just looking for some advice. When I run 4K UHD HDR content on my Samsung TV from my PS4 if I press the "Info" button on my Samsung remote it says at the top the resolution along with 2 boxes, 1 saying UHD and the other HDR.

However, when watching HDR content on the V6 like the current French Open, and Netflix HDR content etc this does not appear on my TV, so is it really HDR? I've got the relevant options selected lile 2160p and 2160p pass through.

Photo of what I see below.

Mod Edit - irrelevant over-sized image removed

Last edited by Hugh; 30-09-2020 at 18:12. Reason: Large picture removed
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 19:00   #1355
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Does your TV support the HLG version of HDR?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 12:03   #1356
Chris James
cf.member

Chris James is an unknown quantity at this point

On my Samsung (HDR) when I access 4K on Eurosport the clay is bright orange instead of red on HD. On an otherwise perfect TV I don't want to mess with the settings on this UHD channel as I think it will cock up all the settings on HMDI1 Virgin input. However as I find the UHD commentary awful I think I'll stick to HD anyway! (PS: Note to all Eurosport commentators - it is not tennis etiquette to talk whilst the rally is in play. Take some lessons from Frew McMillan!)
Chris James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 13:02   #1357
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I think the 4K Eurosport channel is Europe-wide hence the non-local commentary and difference to their HD channels. And I agree, he's awful, and not just because he talks during play.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 18:10   #1358
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
My Panasonic reports HDR for Netflix and Eurosport 4K from the V6.

Are you sure the V6 is in a HDR enabled HDMI socket? May be worth swapping it with the PS4 to check.
😂😂 better than watching tennis
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 18:49   #1359
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Strange that the Tennis is available on Sky Q in 4K but no HDR.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 21:27   #1360
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Will be interesting to see if tomorrow is the Sky UHD switch on day.
More and more series and movies are marked as UHD in search.

Including
Cobra
Avenue 5
Joker
And much more

Surely it must be imminent
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 21:29   #1361
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post

Including
Cobra
Avenue 5
Joker
And much more

Here's hoping mate, especially for the football.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 22:06   #1362
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Thursdays seem to be the new launch day of late so fingers crossed.

I think some of the above are in UHD already but just not flagged as such.

Just hope I get it with my package.
Old 30-09-2020, 22:20   #1363
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post

Including
Cobra
Avenue 5
Joker
And much more

I'm sure its on its way very soon. The total services thing in the diagnostics menu has gone up 1 to 497. If that means anything. I can't see any extra channels right now.

VM have been known to not announce a date prior to a launch. I think sometimes they like to go for the surprise Christmas morning present affect.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 22:23   #1364
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
I'm sure its on its way very soon. The total services thing in the diagnostics menu has gone up 1 to 497. If that means anything. I can't see any extra channels right now.

VM have been known to not announce a date prior to a launch. I think sometimes they like to go for the surprise Christmas morning present affect.
I agree

Just don’t think I will be having a beer for breakfast the morra
Old 01-10-2020, 10:05   #1365
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Is today the day? Nothing yet?
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote