Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | CCleaner browser your thoughts

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

CCleaner browser your thoughts

Old 23-09-2020, 17:32   #1
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Question CCleaner browser your thoughts

Guess title says it all. Any users of this ?
Old 23-09-2020, 17:43   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ccleaner browser your thoughts

Don't touch it with a barge pole.

Ccleaner used to be good until Avast bought them, then that had privacy issues, so that is why I say don't use their browser.

Btw an excellent replacement for Ccleaner itself is called Privacy Eraser.
Old 23-09-2020, 17:55   #3
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

i didn't like the fact the browser installed itsef, and set itself to open on startup. despite what they say it seems more clunky than chrome to me, so i got rid of it.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 20:32   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: CCleaner browser your thoughts

If it was installed with Ccleaner there was probably an option to not install it.

Get rid of Ccleaner if you have it.
Old 24-09-2020, 09:07   #5
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

this the one you recommend?

https://www.cybertronsoft.com/products/privacy-eraser/
Old 24-09-2020, 10:14   #6
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

When I moved to Win10, I also moved to the free version of Wisecare 365 and didn't instal Ccleaner.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 12:25   #7
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Don't touch it with a barge pole.

CCleaner used to be good until Avast bought them, then that had privacy issues, so that is why I say don't use their browser.

BTW an excellent replacement for CCleaner itself is called Privacy Eraser.

I looked at Privacy Eraser, but Windows protection threw up a warning, I saw the publisher is Shenzhen Saiboen which to me looks like a Chinese company so red flags are waving furiously
Old 24-09-2020, 12:44   #8
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
Yes thats it, it is awesome.

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I looked at Privacy Eraser, but Windows protection threw up a warning, I saw the publisher is Shenzhen Saiboen which to me looks like a Chinese company so red flags are waving furiously
It's pretty normal for Windows to throw a warning on software like this, i'm not worried about it unlike the crap from Avast and Ccleaner.
Old 25-09-2020, 19:37   #9
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
Would it be of any real benefit to put this on . When already running kaspasky ?
Old 25-09-2020, 19:52   #10
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Would it be of any real benefit to put this on . When already running kaspasky ?
It's not an anti virus, I just use it to clear crap left behind from websites and the secure erasing, I just run it once a day and I don't mess with the registry cleaning part of it.
Old 25-09-2020, 22:15   #11
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
It's not an anti virus, I just use it to clear crap left behind from websites and the secure erasing, I just run it once a day and I don't mess with the registry cleaning part of it.
Thanks will give it a spin
Old 26-09-2020, 12:49   #12
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Looking at it this morning Kaspersky comes with pc cleaner unused data cleaner privacy cleaner browser configuration Microsoft Windows troubleshooting data encryption file shedder. So repeat my question .any point in adding it
Old 26-09-2020, 17:49   #13
admars
cf.mega poster

who knows. the reason i was using ccleaner was to get rid of the crap. windows update kept failing on one of our laptops, followed so many guides, deleting temp files, previous downloaded updates, cach etc. ccleaner got rid of some crud or fixed something so update worked.

why not just download it and run it. if it says "Nothing to do" great, if it say "we can't delete these files, you need to pay for the pro version" then remove it, if it offers to trash some stuff which looks sensible to trash, then you have your answer.
Old 26-09-2020, 17:56   #14
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Looking at it this morning Kaspersky comes with pc cleaner unused data cleaner privacy cleaner browser configuration Microsoft Windows troubleshooting data encryption file shedder. So repeat my question .any point in adding it
What admars says and you won't need the pro version.

But if Kaspersky has it all ready then use that if you just want it to remove crap.
Old 26-09-2020, 21:48   #15
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I just tried this and its awful, was on my PC all of about 10 minutes and i removed.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote