Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 21-05-2019, 16:22   #841
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy VIEWS:

But we feel Virgin Media UK may drop all Sky SD channels (if they also have an HD Channel).

We also feel UKTV and Discovery channels will be moving to new channels numbers this summer.

We also think Disney will axe FOX brand in UK and rebrand FOX as ABC.
I think FX will relaunch if the Fox brand is to be dropped.

I too could see the Sky SD channels being dropped. I can also see the remaining +1’s and Sky News Arabia coming over the summer.

Last edited by Aguero9320; 21-05-2019 at 16:27.
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2019, 16:43   #842
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Media Boy VIEWS:

But we feel Virgin Media UK may drop all Sky SD channels (if they also have an HD Channel).
Reasonable chance. Sky will be wanting to do this themselves at some point and won't want to keep them going just to supply a 3rd party.
Quote:
We also feel UKTV and Discovery channels will be moving to new channels numbers this summer.
The UKTV channels that Discovery got in the BBC deal might move I suppose. I don't see the BBC owned ones doing it too exceptnas part of VM-wide EPG reshuffle.
Quote:
We also think Disney will axe FOX brand in UK and rebrand FOX as ABC.
The ABC brand doesn't mean much over here. I suspect I'm in the minority for remembering and watching ABC1 many years ago. There's bound to be a more recognisable Disney-owned brand that would work if they wanted/needed to change. I'm thinking along the lines of Hallmark becoming Universal and C5 using Paramount brand. Touchstone maybe?

You can end up damaging a channel if you change too often though. Viewers don't like it and/or get confused and/or annoyed.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 16:49   #843
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The UKTV channels that Discovery got in the BBC deal might move I suppose. I don't see the BBC owned ones doing it too exceptnas part of VM-wide EPG reshuffle.
I have read on the web over the last few months that BBC have given Dave EPG on Freeview to Discovery as part of the deal to break up UKTV.

But UKTV cant sell they EPG slots for Virgin Media UK but they can always ask for move.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 17:19   #844
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I have read on the web over the last few months that BBC have given Dave EPG on Freeview to Discovery as part of the deal to break up UKTV.
I've seen that too, they've all mentioned Quest in that context. The thing about Quest is, which I only recently noticed, their adverts for their shows only mention their HD channel number on Freeview, and only their HD number on VM too. And given the HD swaps happen automatically on Sky and Freesat, their adverts basically only mention HD EPG numbers.

Wanting a better number whilst not promoting current lowest one on two platforms is a little weird.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 17:47   #845
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes.
Well if what you hear is true I’d doesn’t leave anything from sky, giving us everything we should have
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 17:52   #846
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Well if what you hear is true I’d doesn’t leave anything from sky, giving us everything we should have
Perhaps now GOT is finished they are far more willing to share their crown jewels.
Old 21-05-2019, 18:01   #847
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Perhaps now GOT is finished they are far more willing to share their crown jewels.
That’s one thought process, but how many people would realistically joined Virgin instead of Sky to sit and binge watch eight series (or seven plus the eighth weekly) in the last few months? A handful?
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 19:22   #848
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Rumours: Is Virgin Media UK set to sign new deal with Sky?

Rumours are coming in at Media Boy HQ that Sky Atlantic may grace our screens this summer.

As part of the new deal, we may also get Sky's UHD programming as part of any deal.

©copyright 2019 Media Boy 2006 - 2019. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.

Media Boy HQ has put this post down as "Rumour" until we see reports of any new Sky branded channel testing on Virgin Media UK.
Old news, Media Boy, but I guess Den might believe it now as it comes from you.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 19:25   #849
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Universal has disappeared from catch up and on demand. Does anyone know what the issue is?
Universal is still on Catch up.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
We was only told rumour this morning.
Old 21-05-2019, 19:26   #850
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
l stand up for no one as l take every post on its merits whoever they are..
Old 21-05-2019, 19:28   #851
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

We was only told rumour this morning.
I know, MB, but you will see this was rumoured back in post #3 on this very thread!

Glad to see the rumour (forecast) is being given credence at last.
Old 21-05-2019, 19:37   #852
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
I know, MB, but you will see this was rumoured back in post #3 on this very thread!

Glad to see the rumour (forecast) is being given credence at last.
Oops We forgot about your forecast post.
Old 21-05-2019, 19:52   #853
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Oops We forgot about your forecast post.
You are best to remember the many forecasts by OB that have still not seen the light of day as well MB.
Old 21-05-2019, 20:00   #854
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

How does watching and recording something in UHD on sky
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 20:25   #855
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You are best to remember the many forecasts by OB that have still not seen the light of day as well MB.
Forecasts for a time that has not yet arrived, Den.