Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Loss of data when abroad

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Loss of data when abroad

Old 25-05-2019, 16:37   #1
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of
Loss of data when abroad

So twice now I've travelled abroad to find only my text and calls work. My family all have iPhones two of them can use data and two cannot. We are all on the same plan. Getting a bit tired of this having to rely on hotel wifi. The one phone didn't allow data until a message popped up saying carrier has changed please update. Then that one worked. ???? I've read a network reset should solve it but I'm reluctant to try this in case it messes up something else whilst in another country
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2019, 17:16   #2
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Loss of data when abroad

Have you checked your mobile data settings that roaming is switched on.
If it is try switching off 4g to see if that is the problem,
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:43   #3
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of
Re: Loss of data when abroad

Tried everything. Have read that a network reset might resolve it but didn't want to try that whilst abroad. It's seems random. My sons data worked last year this year it didn't? Soon as we got back to uk instant data!
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote