Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NFL season 2010/2011

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NFL season 2010/2011

Old 03-09-2010, 10:03   #16
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: NFL season 2010/2011

Started myself in the mid 80's... one of the first games I ever watched was Superbowl XX and I've been a Bears fan ever since
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2010, 11:33   #17
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Started myself in the mid 80's... one of the first games I ever watched was Superbowl XX and I've been a Bears fan ever since
I have been a Bears fan Since I saw Walter Payton play I think in 82 he was just an amazing RB and has done so much for the people of Chicago even after his tragic death in 1999.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:35   #18
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

My first experience of it was Superbowl XIX (San Francisco 49ers vs. Miami Dolphins), and I only watched it out of curiosity. Before the first quarter was finished, I was hooked; after that I watched the regular seasons until I moved into my own flat (and thus away from the parents' TV) in 1999.

I remember the Bears' runaway season ('85) - 15 wins, 1 loss, wasn't it? And that season the Green Bay Packers blasted in out of nowhere ('96) after 29 years of obscurity - no longer the underdogs but a serious team. Bret Favre was a hell of a quarterback in Superbowl XXXI - that season was a real pleasure to watch.
Old 03-09-2010, 17:26   #19
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
My first experience of it was Superbowl XIX (San Francisco 49ers vs. Miami Dolphins), and I only watched it out of curiosity. Before the first quarter was finished, I was hooked; after that I watched the regular seasons until I moved into my own flat (and thus away from the parents' TV) in 1999.

I remember the Bears' runaway season ('85) - 15 wins, 1 loss, wasn't it? And that season the Green Bay Packers blasted in out of nowhere ('96) after 29 years of obscurity - no longer the underdogs but a serious team. Bret Favre was a hell of a quarterback in Superbowl XXXI - that season was a real pleasure to watch.
You are correct 15-1, a great year Super bowl shuffle, 46 defence and some of the best players to grace the field. Not much to shout about since those great days except for the Super Bowl against the Colts in 2007 and I fear this season will be a blow out.
One day I hope we will find a team that can measure up to the 85 BEARS.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:02   #20
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

As if things couldn't get any better, it's been announced that the hosts for Channel 4's coverage will be Gary Imlach and Mike Carlson.

http://www.nfluk.com/news/imlach-and...nf-050910.html
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 14:46   #21
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
As if things couldn't get any better, it's been announced that the hosts for Channel 4's coverage will be Gary Imlach and Mike Carlson.

http://www.nfluk.com/news/imlach-and...nf-050910.html
Great News , all we need is the Snorting logo and Bonnie Tyler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOxnS0zZT8c
Old 06-09-2010, 14:50   #22
Lew
Inactive

Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Well, there is this bit at the end of the article:

Quote:
"We hope there will be plenty in the show to please the younger fans and also those who remember the NFL on Channel 4 first time around. Without giving too much away, I'd urge everyone to make sure they are by their sets when the show opens at 1 a.m. on Sunday. It is going to be a lot of fun."
I think they have something special planned for the old-school fans.
Old 09-09-2010, 20:19   #23
Lew
Inactive

There's a preview of tonight's game on BBC Radio 5 (not 5 Live Sports Extra) at 21:00.

Also, for those without Sky Sports tonights season opener will be broadcast on 5 Live Sports Extra.
Old 09-09-2010, 21:04   #24
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute

The Vikings to win tonight

Is Favre playing?
NoKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 21:08   #25
Lew
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKnowledge View Post
Is Favre playing?
Apparently so. Whether his ankle holds out for the whole game is another matter.
Old 09-09-2010, 22:10   #26
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Nah, Saints for that one..
Old 10-09-2010, 03:15   #27
NoKnowledge
Inactive

NoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond reputeNoKnowledge has a reputation beyond repute

Vikings were down 7-3 with 40 seconds left before half-time and Favre does his specialty

Saints 7 Vikings 9 at the half.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:13   #28
Kymmy
Inactive

and a final score of (spoilers as most record and watch it during the day)

Spoiler: 
14-9, saints win
Old 10-09-2010, 11:28   #29
NoKnowledge
Inactive

Yes. Well done K!
Old 10-09-2010, 16:57   #30
PavlovsDog
Inactive

PavlovsDog is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know whether I am being overly picky, but you have stated in the first post that SKy will show 18:00 games and 21:15 games.

Now as most NFL fans know, the later afternoon games can start at either 21:05 or 21:15. Am I reading too much into this, or will Sky only go for the 21:15 starts.

I know there was some furore in recent seasons with games overlapping and missing the start of Game 2, so I was wondering whether this is a conscious decision to try and reduce the chance of overrunning?
PavlovsDog is offline   Reply With Quote