Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo V6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Tivo V6

Old 17-03-2018, 14:25   #1
Ditsum43
cf.member

Ditsum43 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tivo V6

I have asked this question before but always the optimist!

Does anyone know whether Virgin will ever allow other ISPs to connect to it's V6 Box and if so when?

I'm keen to have the V6 so that I can ditch Sky but I don't want Virgin broadband!

Any comments will be much appreciated.
Ditsum43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2018, 14:31   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Tivo V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditsum43 View Post

Does anyone know whether Virgin will ever allow other ISPs to connect to it's V6 Box and if so when?

I'm keen to have the V6 so that I can ditch Sky but I don't want Virgin broadband!

Broadband is the best thing about VM ! Wasn't aware it had to be VM connection for the V6. Might be true, I use mine in Modem mode, own router, no issues.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 15:58   #3
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

There is no plans ever to allow a v6 use without a virgin connection and is unlikely to happen also
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 16:27   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
You can still get the older TiVos, which don't need a separate broadband connection.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 21:11   #5
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

What's the problem with Virgin broadband? We've got people with no superfast broadband in a nearby village and they would kill to get Virgin broadband.

I have Virgin's broadband on wi-fi with my V6, and even with multiple tablets and i-phones on the go at the same time when the family are all here, it works fine and has never let me down (yet)!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 21:32   #6
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
We've got people with no superfast broadband in a nearby village
And people on this forum! I wouldn't kill for it, though.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 23:49   #7
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
What's the problem with Virgin broadband? We've got people with no superfast broadband in a nearby village and they would kill to get Virgin broadband.

I have Virgin's broadband on wi-fi with my V6, and even with multiple tablets and i-phones on the go at the same time when the family are all here, it works fine and has never let me down (yet)!
Unless it has changed, virgin provide broadband through cable not by piggy-backing on BT wires as others do.

Therefore villages are not on Virgins radar - they are only interested in more densely populated areas.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 01:20   #8
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Unless it has changed, virgin provide broadband through cable not by piggy-backing on BT wires as others do.

Therefore villages are not on Virgins radar - they are only interested in more densely populated areas.
I don't disagree with you. I was merely making the point that it was difficult to understand why anyone would not want Virgin broadband, which has given me enough umph to power two V6 boxes, four tablets and six mobile phones all at the same time with no speed reductions.
Old 18-03-2018, 10:40   #9
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I don't disagree with you. I was merely making the point that it was difficult to understand why anyone would not want Virgin broadband, which has given me enough umph to power two V6 boxes, four tablets and six mobile phones all at the same time with no speed reductions.
How can you be using the internet on all those devices and have no speed reduction.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 11:56   #10
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
How can you be using the internet on all those devices and have no speed reduction.
I meant no impact on performance of our devices.
Old 22-03-2018, 15:41   #11
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, But with VMs CEO Tom Mockridge stating last week in Dublin that VM intends to update the V6 Box UI with the Horizon interface, http://www.multichannel.com/blog/bau...-report/418549 but still using Tivo software, How would this work? Assuming he means Liberty Global's own Horizon being rolled out onto the V6 Boxes, similar to VM Ireland but still using Tivos technology? Any ideas?
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 15:56   #12
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, But with VMs CEO Tom Mockridge stating last week in Dublin that VM intends to update the V6 Box UI with the Horizon interface, http://www.multichannel.com/blog/bau...-report/418549 but still using Tivo software, How would this work? Assuming he means Liberty Global's own Horizon being rolled out onto the V6 Boxes, similar to VM Ireland but still using Tivos technology? Any ideas?
I think the clue is here in the link you posted.
Quote:
Last fall, TiVo announced it had renewed and extended its products agreement with Liberty Global, which included a multi-year extension for the MSO’s use of TiVo’s intellectual property and patent portfolio
Old 22-03-2018, 16:01   #13
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I think the clue is here in the link you posted.
Thanks, but that's what I don't understand. Why update to Horizon when they've agreed a further deal with Tivo? Will it be some kind of Horizon/Tivo hybrid?
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 16:11   #14
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

It sounds like an Horizon UI with the ability to use some of Tivos features for instance say Wishlists etc.