Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 27-12-2016, 20:48   #3541
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
I'm confused now. You seem not to think of yourself as a 'sore loser' whilst Hugh has cited you as being one. If you're not a sore loser it seems unfair and personal for anyone to suggest that you are.
You've confused me too Kursk, if it's any consolation
Advertisement
Old 27-12-2016, 21:23   #3542
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It's not like they keep insulting those who disagree with them, is it?
I've taken to insulting remoaners because of the torrents of abuse that I started receiving from them right after the outcome of the vote. If they can't handle it, they shouldn't dish it out in the first place

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
You've confused me too Kursk, if it's any consolation
Well, since you voted remain, it's a given that you're easily confused.
Old 27-12-2016, 21:23   #3543
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
I've taken to insulting remoaners because of the torrents of abuse that I started receiving from them right after the outcome of the vote. If they can't handle it, they shouldn't dish it out in the first place
And then people say the same about you after all many of the 'remoaners' you insult would be people who didn't insult others....

In the end you'll both still be in the gutter, what does it matter who fell in first?
Old 27-12-2016, 21:31   #3544
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
And then people say the same about you after all many of the 'remoaners' you insult would be people who didn't insult others....
I get the distinct feeling that those who I insult will all have been 'guilty' of the same thing first.

Quote:
In the end you'll both still be in the gutter, what does it matter who fell in first?
At least I'll be looking at the stars, whereas remoaners are always contemplating the drains.
Old 27-12-2016, 23:03   #3545
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Can you give us some examples of these "torrents of abuse" you personally received?

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

Quote:
I get the distinct feeling that those who I insult will all have been 'guilty' of the same thing first.D
Ah now it is a "feeling" that you have been insulted .. Mmmm ... if we're not careful, you will be driving around in a bus with the offending remarks writ large
Old 27-12-2016, 23:07   #3546
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Can you give us some examples of these "torrents of abuse" you personally received?
Can't be bothered to revisit all that. You'll just have to use your imagination.....but be sure to include the words 'idiot', racist', 'stupid' in your musings.
Quote:
Ah now it is a "feeling" that you have been insulted
No, it's not a feeling that I've been insulted. If you read my post carefully, it's a feeling that the person that I'm insulting has already done the same to a brexiteer
Quote:
.. Mmmm ... if we're not careful, you will be driving around in a bus with the offending remarks writ large
-----------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Ramrod; 27-12-2016 at 23:11.
Old 27-12-2016, 23:14   #3547
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Can't be bothered to revisit all that. You'll just have to use your imagination.....but be sure to include the words 'idiot', racist', 'stupid' in your musings
Ah, so says an "honest" post-truther ... 2017 will be fun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-truth_politics

Quote:
Michael Deacon, parliamentary sketchwriter for The Daily Telegraph, summarised the core message of post-truth politics as "Facts are negative. Facts are pessimistic. Facts are unpatriotic." He added that post-truth politics can also include a claimed rejection of partisanship and negative campaigning.[24] In this context, campaigners can push a utopian "positive campaign" to which rebuttals can be dismissed as smears and scaremongering and opposition as partisan.[2][24]
Old 27-12-2016, 23:48   #3548
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

Wrong, we would have been in gutter had we remained in EU, it is a sinking ship, not a question of if it fails but when ?
Old 28-12-2016, 08:59   #3549
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Wrong, we would have been in gutter had we remained in EU, it is a sinking ship, not a question of if it fails but when ?
Everything fails in the end Mick, even us. The EU isn't perfect, however if we think we're better off outside the biggest single market in the World, then we're living in cloud Cuckoo land.
Old 28-12-2016, 09:53   #3550
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Everything fails in the end Mick, even us. The EU isn't perfect, however if we think we're better off outside the biggest single market in the World, then we're living in cloud Cuckoo land.
There's plenty of evidence to suggest that the single market has actually held us back over the years in terms of trading with other nations ,this report goes into great detail to explain why the single market isn't as good as it is made out to be

http://www.civitas.org.uk/email-reso...nd-paradox.pdf

Basically the single market only really benefits those countries that are net recipients of the EU ,net contributors like us don't really benefit ,we have more expensive goods and we take more economic refugees than most other EU countries .There's also the problem that the single market makes no account for the differences in a countries social infrastructure ,we have the NHS and a comprehensive welfare system free and open to any EU citizen because of the single market free movement rules ,where is the same system in France or Germany

Old 28-12-2016, 10:26   #3551
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I wasn't referring to the EU but how we treat each other.
Old 28-12-2016, 10:38   #3552
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Who is this 'we?'
Old 28-12-2016, 10:40   #3553
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Who is this 'we?'
Everyone. I was referring to the difference between people who insult each other (in the gutter) and those who don't. More specifically it was just an analogy that points out 'who started it first' ultimately doesn't matter.

Last edited by Damien; 28-12-2016 at 10:53.
Old 28-12-2016, 11:11   #3554
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
No, it's not a feeling that I've been insulted. If you read my post carefully, it's a feeling that the person that I'm insulting has already done the same to a brexiteer
So *if* you were insulting me then that means I must have called you "racist", etc. I certainly don't recall calling anyone on this forum racist so you are either mistaken or just overreacting ..
Old 28-12-2016, 11:23   #3555
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Well, you are so fundamentally wrong. When EU fails and it will fail, do you think the single market will still exist or be worth staying in it ?

Stop thinking in such small terms as that is living in cuckoo land.
Closed Thread