Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 27-12-2016, 12:56   #3526
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
What for ?

Some Remoaners still living in fantasy land I see but let's face reality, the campaign period is long over and now the sensible result of leaving the EU hell hole is happening.
Well you see folks just can't help banging on about a statement made by a campaign group with no actual political power and which they dismissed as a pathetic joke, whilst conveniently overlooking what those who were running the country (like the PM & Chancellor) actually told us they would do if we dared to ignore them - emergency budget, tax rises, blah, blah, blah...

Yeah I can see how they're on entirely the same scale of credibility and duplicity...

Anyway, I'll be waiting for these people to contribute further on the wisdom of remaining part of the EU as it flounders from one crisis to another but I dare say they'll continue to be conspicuous only by their absence in such discussions. It's really no surprise that they love to pick up on every bit of bad news here and cite is a consequence of Brexit yet never seem to have anything to say about all that's going wrong in EUtopia...

Last edited by Osem; 27-12-2016 at 13:24.
Advertisement
Old 27-12-2016, 13:05   #3527
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
If the latter, then isn't Mark Carney also RESPECTED?
Respect has to be earned; it's not an automatic appendage to a job description. Mervyn King has it.

Mr Carney needs to start getting his interest rate forecasts right or his Brexit predictions or apply for a job as a Mountie back home .
Old 27-12-2016, 13:39   #3528
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Maybe Carney ought to be as respected as the outcome of the referendum. That'd be something eh?

Back in the real world:

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/10/m...-go-heres-why/

Last edited by Osem; 27-12-2016 at 14:21.
Old 27-12-2016, 15:02   #3529
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Respect has to be earned; it's not an automatic appendage to a job description. Mervyn King has it.

Mr Carney needs to start getting his interest rate forecasts right or his Brexit predictions or apply for a job as a Mountie back home .
Oh, you mean this respect?

Sir Mervyn King admits policymakers made 'major mistakes' in financial crisis

Quote:
Speaking at the Government’s Global Investment Conference in London, Sir Mervyn gave the clearest signal yet that as head of Britain’s central bank he is partly to blame for failing to act before the crisis took hold in 2008.
Mea culpa? Mervyn King admits financial crisis mistakes

Quote:
The governor of the Bank of England has finally admitted he bears some responsibility for failing to see the signs of a financial crisis.
Really guys, just admit it: you "respect" him because he agrees with your point of view. No more, no less.
Old 27-12-2016, 16:42   #3530
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Really guys, just admit it: you "respect" him because he agrees with your point of view. No more, no less.
I think you should get a girl friend
Old 27-12-2016, 16:52   #3531
RizzyKing

I've got more respect for someone who can admit they got things wrong and had some responsibility for events then the never ending line of continually incorrect who blame everything and everyone else rather then take any responsibility.

Old 27-12-2016, 17:13   #3532
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Mod Comment - and you need to focus on the debate, not the person.

Personal insults are not debating.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 27-12-2016, 17:42   #3533
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
My wife may object
Old 27-12-2016, 17:56   #3534
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
My wife may object
I can't reply or your father will tell me off
Old 27-12-2016, 18:35   #3535
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I can't reply or your father will tell me off
Doubt it, he's been dead for 35 years ..
Old 27-12-2016, 18:52   #3536
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Doubt it, he's been dead for 35 years ..
At least he is safe from the likes of Gary Lineker.

Quote:
Cue Gary Lineker's shameful Brexit joke:
Old 27-12-2016, 19:04   #3537
Osem
Inactive

Yeah it's not like the referendum losers to carry on quoting opionions which agree with theirs is it It's not like they can't accept and keep challenging the outcome of the referendum result is it...
Old 27-12-2016, 19:53   #3538
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

It's not like they keep insulting those who disagree with them, is it?

(with the notable exception of Mr K, who seems to be trying for 'sore loser of the year' award)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 27-12-2016, 20:21   #3539
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It's not like they keep insulting those who disagree with them, is it?

(with the notable exception of Mr K, who seems to be trying for 'sore loser of the year' award)
Bit uncalled for Hugh ! Yes, I am a 'remoaner' and proud. I think what's happened is a disaster. Time will tell and everyone is entitled to their opinions but they shouldn't be silenced as a result of this vote.

However it's not about winning/losing. That sort of American mentality is for football louts which seems to be increasingly spilling over into everyday life. Everyone might lose in the end; I genuinely really hope I'm wrong.
Old 27-12-2016, 20:45   #3540
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Bit uncalled for Hugh ! Yes, I am a 'remoaner' and proud. I think what's happened is a disaster. Time will tell and everyone is entitled to their opinions but they shouldn't be silenced as a result of this vote.

However it's not about winning/losing. That sort of American mentality is for football louts which seems to be increasingly spilling over into everyday life. Everyone might lose in the end; I genuinely really hope I'm wrong.
I'm confused now. You seem not to think of yourself as a 'sore loser' whilst Hugh has cited you as being one. If you're not a sore loser it seems unfair and personal for anyone to suggest that you are.
Closed Thread