Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Zoom Channels on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Flashing lights

Old 11-11-2020, 17:47   #1
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Flashing lights

V6 had all lights flashing at lunchtime. Full reboot cured it but is it any early warning of a bigger fault or just a one-time issue?
Old 11-11-2020, 18:02   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Flashing lights

The green arrows are meant to indicate it's lost the connection to the broadband. Could that have happened?

What colour was the power light?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 18:11   #3
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Power light was flashing red (I think) Now have a Hub 4 whether or not that's a good thing.

And it was all of the lights not just a WiFi dropout.

Last edited by 1701-e; 11-11-2020 at 18:18. Reason: More info
1701-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 19:25   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I suspect a software glitch. See how it goes
Old 11-11-2020, 20:39   #5
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Thanks ��
Old 12-11-2020, 07:09   #6
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

A similar thing happened to me in London (21) at about the same time. Everything was back to normal after 10 - 15 minutes. I put it down to just one of those things.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 08:18   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Hmm, that's worrying. Do you both remember what channel you were watching at the time?

Did anybody else get this?
Old 12-11-2020, 09:08   #8
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Mine was lunchtime yesterday. Pressed power button and as nothing appeared I looked at the lights. Didn't notice them before that. Display was showing a start up message. (Belfast area)
Old 12-11-2020, 11:47   #9
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Hmm, that's worrying. Do you both remember what channel you were watching at the time?
I was watching the BBC News channel. I tried to access the red button and nothing happened. When I looked at my V6 box there was an extra light at the front which is not normally lit - I think it's the network connection light. I tried to connect to the VM network via the V6 menu and failed. I checked my Hub 3 and that had two extra green lights beside the white(ish) one. Several minutes later I checked again and the extra lights had extinguished and everything was back to normal. No problems since.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:08   #10
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I was watching the BBC News channel. I tried to access the red button and nothing happened. When I looked at my V6 box there was an extra light at the front which is not normally lit - I think it's the network connection light. I tried to connect to the VM network via the V6 menu and failed. I checked my Hub 3 and that had two extra green lights beside the white(ish) one. Several minutes later I checked again and the extra lights had extinguished and everything was back to normal. No problems since.
Ah, OK. So in your case, the problem definitely was with the broadband. Those green lights on the Hub indicate it had lost its connection. I think the V6 was just an unlucky victim - the red button wouldn't work (and may lock up for a while) without a working broadband connection.

1701-e's sounds like something different, but I'm not sure what.