Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 21-10-2018, 15:14   #2026
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
You forgot: -

5) Those who voted leave and realise what a huge mistake they made.

159-Days 8-Hrs 44-Min and 53-Seconds
Advertisement
Old 21-10-2018, 16:11   #2027
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Contrite phrases cannot dismiss the words of Jaguar Land Rover. And how would his statement increase his pension? I doubt you or anyone believes it would!
The bit that you missed referred to the very small size of the survey and indicated the information was nothing more than propaganda. This put the words of Jaguar Land Rover in context, which you deliberately left out of the copy of the article.

The problem here is, Andrew, tnat you have a mindset which is unable to grasp that there are also upsides to leaving the EU, which might just outweigh all these downsides that you seize on with great relish.

Even Barnier admits that we are 90% there now withba Brexit deal, and all the unlikely stories we heard about what the EU will not agree to are being conveniently forgotten now. The only real problem remaining is the NI border, but much of the agitation about this is contrived.

A solution will be found. Frankly, even with a hard Brexit, this particular problem will remain, so it will be resolved one way or the other.

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Not looking good for Theresa May.
No, it's not, so perhaps you will help to support her, or there will be no deal with the EU. Some more positive comments, please, instead of all the depressing claptrap of Project Fear.

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

Quote:

I have yet to meet a single person with that view, Angua.
Old 21-10-2018, 16:12   #2028
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:

6) Those who voted remain and now realise how undemocratic & awful the hegemonist EU is.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 21-10-2018, 16:14   #2029
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
6) Those who voted remain and now realise how undemocratic & awful the hegemonist EU is.
I doubt that they can even pronounce your favourite 'h' word, let alone know the meaning of it.
Old 21-10-2018, 16:59   #2030
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
First, it actually isn't undemocratic. We don't directly vote for it, but then we don't directly vote for anyone in the cabinet. In the case of our government, it's picked by the party with the greatest number of seats. In the case of the EU, the decisions are made by a group that is not directly elected, but then implemented by the (in theory) elected governments of each member. So, the people who are telling you that the EU is bad because of all these awful restrictions we have are the ones choosing to implement those restrictions.

As for hegemonist. Odd that you should say that when we, a relatively small nation, managed to create a huge empire. The ultimate hegemony.
Old 21-10-2018, 17:12   #2031
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The bit that you missed referred to the very small size of the survey and indicated the information was nothing more than propaganda. This put the words of Jaguar Land Rover in context, which you deliberately left out of the copy of the article.

The problem here is, Andrew, tnat you have a mindset which is unable to grasp that there are also upsides to leaving the EU, which might just outweigh all these downsides that you seize on with great relish.

Even Barnier admits that we are 90% there now withba Brexit deal, and all the unlikely stories we heard about what the EU will not agree to are being conveniently forgotten now. The only real problem remaining is the NI border, but much of the agitation about this is contrived.

A solution will be found. Frankly, even with a hard Brexit, this particular problem will remain, so it will be resolved one way or the other.

No, it's not, so perhaps you will help to support her, or there will be no deal with the EU. Some more positive comments, please, instead of all the depressing claptrap of Project Fear.

you soon will when we fall of the cliff edge OB
Old 21-10-2018, 19:11   #2032
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
First, it actually isn't undemocratic. We don't directly vote for it, but then we don't directly vote for anyone in the cabinet. In the case of our government, it's picked by the party with the greatest number of seats. In the case of the EU, the decisions are made by a group that is not directly elected, but then implemented by the (in theory) elected governments of each member. So, the people who are telling you that the EU is bad because of all these awful restrictions we have are the ones choosing to implement those restrictions. [SEPH]: That is an upside down, inside out, poorly thought through argument. All of the UK government are elected MPs and accountable to their electors. None of the European Commission are elected by anyone and thus not accountable except to the extent that they follow exactly what the policy set by the European Council is. Your final sentence above makes little sense, I'm afraid.

As for hegemonist. Odd that you should say that when we, a relatively small nation, managed to create a huge empire. The ultimate hegemony. [SEPH]: What the hell has that irrelevance got to do with the situation today? Are you short of good argument?

My advice is at your risk.
Old 21-10-2018, 19:13   #2033
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
you soon will when we fall of the cliff edge OB
Ah, but did you notice the mattress below when you looked down, Dave?

Incidentally, if you don't want a hard Brexit, presumably you are now rooting for Theresa. After all, we will only avoid a 'cliff edge' if Theresa negotiates that deal with the EU.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 21-10-2018 at 19:16.
Old 21-10-2018, 20:57   #2034
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Ah, but did you notice the mattress below when you looked down, Dave?

Incidentally, if you don't want a hard Brexit, presumably you are now rooting for Theresa. After all, we will only avoid a 'cliff edge' if Theresa negotiates that deal with the EU.
Are you trying to drum up support for the beleaguered Theresa May? If so, I think it's the likes of mutinous Rees-Mogg and treacherous BoJo whom you should be turning your attention too as unlike Dave, they have a vote in Parliament.
Old 21-10-2018, 21:00   #2035
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

You may wish to direct that comment to the ERG, Davis, Bojo, et al, who I am sure have a higher profile with the EU negotiatiors than some posters on CF...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 21-10-2018, 21:09   #2036
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It's going to be like this for a while even after we leave. The country is divided and I don't see it stopping anytime soon.
Leavers knew that the consequences of a leave vote would mean years of uncertainty and an ongoing debate about the relationship with the EU. So why they're complaining about a situation of their own making is somewhat bewildering.
Old 21-10-2018, 21:44   #2037
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

I know some wanted it to rain yesterday but it was glorious sunshine. Maybe the sun shines on the righteous?

Here are some pictures to prove I actually did get off my arse, travelled to London and exercised my right to protest:

IMG_1092.jpg
IMG_1091.jpg

I like this one especially:

IMG_1096.jpg

We met a few other protesters there .. which was nice .. over half a million I think.

Government starting to take this more seriously:

Civil servants ‘war-gaming a second Brexit referendum’ amid impasse fears

Next step writing to our MPs .. game on!
Old 21-10-2018, 22:05   #2038
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I know some wanted it to rain yesterday but it was glorious sunshine. Maybe the sun shines on the righteous?

Here are some pictures to prove I actually did get off my arse, travelled to London and exercised my right to protest:

Attachment 27604
Attachment 27603

I like this one especially:

Attachment 27605

We met a few other protesters there .. which was nice .. over half a million I think.

Government starting to take this more seriously:

Civil servants ‘war-gaming a second Brexit referendum’ amid impasse fears

Next step writing to our MPs .. game on!
The truth is no one gave it a second thought .
Old 21-10-2018, 22:24   #2039
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
The truth is no one gave it a second thought .
700,000 ?? A good turn out I'd say.. Peaceful protest shouldn't be ridiculed.

Would riots get more of an audience as Brexiters have threatened if they don't get the 'pure' Brexit they want ? Suspect most of them would just post rants on the Daily Fail/Torygraph rather than get off their elderly backsides.

All words and no action is the Brexit modus operandi.. Boris/ the Moggster are perfect examples. TM is safe if those wet blankets are her main rivals.
Old 21-10-2018, 22:27   #2040
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
I wish remain would stop posting crap all the time about a 2nd referendum or lets have a march because we don't respect the ones that voted leave.
Imagine the Leave campaign in the event of a second referendum? Will they be in televised debates claiming how easy it will be to get a trade deal with the EU, how easy it will be to sign trade deals around the world, how leaving won't harm the economy. Who will now believe what they're saying?
When they line up their illegal money for Facebook ads, Nick Clegg will be watching and stop them.
For all the reasons above, Leave doesn't want a People's Vote. They know they can't win any vote without lying and cheating and enlisting the aid of foreign governments that are hostile to this great country of ours.
Closed Thread