Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | David Haye vs Tony Bellew II (December)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

David Haye vs Tony Bellew II (December)

Old 08-05-2018, 02:20   #16
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: David Haye vs Tony Bellew II (December)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
I'd like to apologise to anyone that follows that boxing forum too. I absolutely bought into this.
Two things conspired against Haye: the achilles injury (that takes years to repair not months) and that Tony Bellew is simply his nemesis. David got out of this one reasonably unscathed; I hope he stays out. That heel won't get any better any time soon, especially at his age.

Oh, and boxing is unpredictable, that's why we love it. Don't feel bad about having the bottle to try and predict the unpredictable.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2018, 19:42   #17
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

He has to stay out. This was no injury, the realisation that he's too old to box at the top level sunk in we'll and truly in about round 3. I mean we could make the excuses that injuries hampered him along the way but I don't even think he himself will go down that road. A combination of all things considered. I mean it's fair to state if he didn't have the Injuries he did, even before Bellew then he may have a few years.

I'm not sure Bellew will stay out though. At 35 he should go out on this win. Decent payday and Haye has gifted him as such. Ward is a step too far, Usyk would be interesting. Potentially Tyson Fury.
Old 10-05-2018, 23:37   #18
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

What’s your view on Haye’s physical condition adzii? I mean, the heel aside, he looked muscular and ripped but is this a good physique for boxing?

I remember years ago Henry Cooper was critical of a body builder type who looked a fine physical specimen but Henry was convinced as he watched the fight that the guy’s body was burning energy, and therefore power, and that his physically less impressive opponent (to the eye anyway) would win the fight. It looked unlikely but of course Henry was right. The longer muscled guy simply waited for the short muscled body builder to burnout.

Haye looked amazing but Bellew was unfazed. The belief Bellew had in himself seemed to help him win the fight before it even started.

A great occasion nonetheless and both boxers deserve respect imho.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:59   #19
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

There was nothing there from Haye. His fundamentals and style were as consistent as ever but there was just no power in those shots, fading speed on top and it was the downfall of an old boxer who'd recovered from one injury too many.

Physique wise, we'll never know, Haye was at his heaviest in his last run and two early knockouts combined with two stoppages against Bellew leaves us with very little to go off. He gassed early in his career against Thompson but its something that never troubled him again.

Two sides of a coin though. Joshua is the example. He gassed badly against Klitschko because he couldn't put him away as quick as he wanted too. He recovered and won spectacularly. Anyone else though bar Parker hasn't made him punch long enough to get him to gas, they just don't last against the brute power. Parker again the exception but output from both was very minimal. Joshua fought very smartly. I definitely think you can be huge nowadays and be on top if you manage it well. Joshua again the example of bad management vs good management, chasing the knockout against Klitschko was poor management and he blew out. We seen a much more disciplined Joshua when he couldn't land cleanly on Parker.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 11-05-2018 at 03:03.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote