Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 09-08-2023, 10:17   #7741
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

I'm getting really really peeved by the firm chosen by my insurer to repair my car.They have just got to my car and will be hopefully finished with it on a later date than they originally gave me.That's 3 weeks I've been waiting.
Old 11-08-2023, 13:17   #7742
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I require blank DVDs. A site I found on google offered them with "free postage on orders over £25, £5.95 under £25" on a banner across the top of the first page.

I went to the site and added enough to take the order over £25 (before VAT). On checking the basket, I saw that it had added £9.95 for postage. I tried various quantities from a single pack to 10 packs, and the £9.95 postage fee remained.

I emailed them and was told that their postage was a standard £9.95. I had added the banner offering free postage to the email, but they just replied that it was "an old banner".

Off I went to several other sites, and £5.95 is their standard postage, but many add a few quid more for "heavy orders".
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 13:20   #7743
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I require blank DVDs. A site I found on google offered them with "free postage on orders over £25, £5.95 under £25" on a banner across the top of the first page.

I went to the site and added enough to take the order over £25 (before VAT). On checking the basket, I saw that it had added £9.95 for postage. I tried various quantities from a single pack to 10 packs, and the £9.95 postage fee remained.

I emailed them and was told that their postage was a standard £9.95. I had added the banner offering free postage to the email, but they just replied that it was "an old banner".

Off I went to several other sites, and £5.95 is their standard postage, but many add a few quid more for "heavy orders".
Just get them from Amazon. I pay about a tenner for 50
Old 12-08-2023, 15:57   #7744
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I ordered a cat flea treatment from ebay. What has turned-up is a much inferior version of what I paid for.

There had been no negative reports from the seller when I did the order, but today I saw a whole list of people complaining that they have received the same.

Ebay has sent me a QR code to send the order back.

I did note that the seller had both types of the product on their seller's page, but the good one is now out of stock. I suspect the seller was trying to get one over on it's customers.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2023, 20:43   #7745
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Day three of trying to reduce my migraine medication, and I can feel one coming on. Hopefully it's just a coincidence but it's been many weeks since my last one so a bit fed up. Have to see how I feel tomorrow.
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2023, 09:10   #7746
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

The local branch of our bank has moved to Truro, cue Mr T having to spend the morning going there as he has forgotten his PIN and is locked out of our account because he has tried too many times with the wrong PIN.

and Grim
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2023, 09:41   #7747
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Day three of trying to reduce my migraine medication, and I can feel one coming on. Hopefully it's just a coincidence but it's been many weeks since my last one so a bit fed up. Have to see how I feel tomorrow.
Hope you have managed to survive the migraine without have to increase your medication Grim. <<hugs>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
The local branch of our bank has moved to Truro, cue Mr T having to spend the morning going there as he has forgotten his PIN and is locked out of our account because he has tried too many times with the wrong PIN.
I've done that a couple of times, pain in the bum and our bank is only a mile away. I now keep it as the last part of a local phone number for a local tradesman. I just have to try to rememer what his name is now.
Old 17-08-2023, 09:45   #7748
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:

and Grim
Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Hope you have managed to survive the migraine without have to increase your medication Grim. <<hugs>>

I've done that a couple of times, pain in the bum and our bank is only a mile away. I now keep it as the last part of a local phone number for a local tradesman. I just have to try to rememer what his name is now.
Thanks for the kind words. Just got that strange washed out feeling which migraine sufferers will know. Could be worse as in the past it could take 2 sometimes 3 days to get to feeling like this.
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2023, 09:50   #7749
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

and Grim
I keep all my pins coded on my phone contact list in fake numbers . Any one finds it will need to know the key to to code to get them
Old 21-08-2023, 13:36   #7750
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Not a good day
Docs app prostate exam and urine test. Blood in urine and enlarged prostate. Not the best results for my anxiety but still could be just a UTI and normal 54 year old golf ball. Antibiotics for a week, PSA bloods next week followed by docs app on the 6th for further urine test for blood and results. If blood is still there then it is refer to urology
Old 21-08-2023, 14:30   #7751
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Hope the antibiotic sort you out Jay.

Just in case this is relevant ... My husband has had DREs and antibiotics for UTI/sepsis ... If you have had a physical prostate examination or a UTI then any elevation of your PSA figures is too be expected for up to 6 weeks after the DRE and also 6 weeks after the UTI infection is cleared up so don't panic. Like John did.

Not saying GP's aren't all aware of these effects but you knowing could, maybe, keep your stress levels down.

PM me if you feel like a natter.

Jo
Old 21-08-2023, 14:33   #7752
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Hope the antibiotic sort you out Jay.

Just in case this is relevant ... My husband has had DREs and antibiotics for UTI/sepsis ... If you have had a physical prostate examination or a UTI then any elevation of your PSA figures is too be expected for up to 6 weeks after the DRE and also 6 weeks after the UTI infection is cleared up so don't panic. Like John did.

Not saying GP's aren't all aware of these effects but you knowing could, maybe, keep your stress levels down.

PM me if you feel like a natter.

Jo

The blood in the urine is what needs to do one haha

I am really struggling cuz in times of stress I turn to food so I am fighting the urge of Fish and Chips as well hahaha
Old 21-08-2023, 15:06   #7753
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
The blood in the urine is what needs to do one haha

I am really struggling cuz in times of stress I turn to food so I am fighting the urge of Fish and Chips as well hahaha
<<hugs>> Don't let all this derail all your good work with your weightloss. I just want you to think UTI rather than anything else and ignore any GP inspired stress. Step away from the carbs young man.
Old 21-08-2023, 20:20   #7754
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Not a good day
Docs app prostate exam and urine test. Blood in urine and enlarged prostate. Not the best results for my anxiety but still could be just a UTI and normal 54 year old golf ball. Antibiotics for a week, PSA bloods next week followed by docs app on the 6th for further urine test for blood and results. If blood is still there then it is refer to urology

It;s all too technical for me Jay, but I wish you all the best for a positive outcome.
Old 24-08-2023, 21:01   #7755
Tinky
To err is human

My friend's husband went into hospital for an operation to remove a cancerous lump in his testical only to find that the cancer has spread.