Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 06-08-2013, 18:27   #3046
young_timbo
Permanently Banned

young_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friends
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
The only way is not to quote the idiot in the first place
i didn't even say anything bad, i am talking about the 1 minute delay on Sky Go and saying i imagine BT Sport is similar via the app. basically, as somebody who has used these kind of apps before I am using my high level of knowledge and experience in watching live sport to warn others off doing it. it's no adequate substitute to watch your live sport. I'm being helpful. now stick to the rules and stay on topic ffs. This is how things "get derailed", and ultimately i end up getting the blame for some reason.
young_timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2013, 18:53   #3047
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
Is there also a way to block quotes?
Yes. Just don't read them.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 19:03   #3048
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
Is there also a way to block quotes?
I would love this option!!!
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 19:06   #3049
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
I would love this option!!!
From what I understand, it can't be done due to the way the data base is set up.
Old 06-08-2013, 19:13   #3050
young_timbo
Permanently Banned

young_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friends

i am horrified to walk back in and see that people are STILL going on about my post. responding negatively to derail the thread. a post where i said nothing wrong at all, and was talking merely about the 1 minute delay on live broadcasts on Sky Go, and that BT Sport is likely the same.

Does anybody have experience of the BT Sport app. How is the lag? Once I get it should I go via freesat if Virgin don't get it in XL, I would be interested to stream the odd match via my IPad 4, or my PS4 in a different non equipped room should the PS4 browser support it.
Old 06-08-2013, 19:23   #3051
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I'm no 'sportsaholic' but I must say that the message currently being displayed on the former ESPN channels - "There are still plenty of ways to get your sports fix with Virgin Media" - is crass.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 19:23   #3052
young_timbo
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
From what I understand, it can't be done due to the way the data base is set up.
This is correct. As well as pulling the text from the database and the like, it would require an immensely more flexible programming language than vbulletin boards use. I dabbled in PHP, Java, basic HTML, Visual Basic and other various forms of web systems.dev about 8 years ago at University, and was scoring 80% on a couple my projects throughout the 3 years. In fairness I was more of an operating systems man, but to block the quotes the coder would need a programming language which allowed him to override the ignore option and block replicas, and altered replicas (due to the addition of italics, quotes, formatting differences on the page code due to the text being in a different place). VBulletin boards are fairly basic so no chance of that. Not that I am an expert anymore in web, but pretty easy to tell from common sense. surprised anybody needs to ask really, 5 seconds of common sense and you're sorted.
Old 06-08-2013, 19:35   #3053
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I'm no 'sportsaholic' but I must say that the message currently being displayed on the former ESPN channels - "There are still plenty of ways to get your sports fix with Virgin Media" - is crass.
Indeed and they delude themselves that British Eurosport has to be the must see sports channel now.
Old 06-08-2013, 19:39   #3054
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Indeed and they delude themselves that British Eurosport has to be the must see sports channel now.
It is..for Tour de france

Wiki has the following
Eurosport provides viewers with European and international sporting events. This includes: UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League football, the Paris Dakar Rally, Monte Carlo Rally, the Olympics, athletics events such as World Athletics Championships and the European Athletics Championships, cycling events such as the Tour de France, tennis events including the French Open and the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour, World Championship Snooker, ICC World Twenty20, ICC Cricket World Cup, ICC Champions Trophy, Australian Football League, Arm Wars, wintersports, and youth sports like skating and surfing. It has also previously covered events such as the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 19:43   #3055
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

Of which almost none of those are broadcast in the UK because they don't own the rights.
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 19:45   #3056
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_timbo View Post
if BT Sports app is anything like Sky Go then it'll run 1 minute behind live. which is useless for Live Sport.
Just thought i would say that the BT Sport app is about 2 secs behind the TV HD channel
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 19:47   #3057
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
Of which almost none of those are broadcast in the UK because they don't own the rights.
swimming is on this week.

tour was on. various, though only tour defrance is of interest to me.

I'm sure I've seen the others on it regularly.

And caught some speedway too
Old 06-08-2013, 19:49   #3058
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
It is..for Tour de france
Tour de France is on ITV4...
Old 06-08-2013, 19:50   #3059
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Tour de France is on ITV4...
As well.

I prefer coverage on eurosport, but maybe just used to the presenters there
Old 06-08-2013, 19:53   #3060
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
swimming is on this week.

tour was on. various, though only tour defrance is of interest to me.

I'm sure I've seen the others on it regularly.

And caught some speedway too
A lot of the sports on there are highlights shown the following days after the event.