Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 09-05-2013, 13:13   #1171
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

So when should we expect VM to announce their BT Sports deals?

I suspect it will be a while yet now, so BT can maximise their offer and sign up loads of out of contract customers.
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2013, 13:14   #1172
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I agree with you Chad as a strategy its a blinder the only reason I'm not tempted is purely no infinity in my area and last time I had BT Broadband contention was an issue some nights.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:24   #1173
paul nolan
cf.addict

paul nolan is on a distinguished roadpaul nolan is on a distinguished road

I'm certainly not switching suppliers for the few Saints Premier League Games that will be amongst their 38 Premier League Games.

If its made available to me on Virgin, I'll pay for it. If not, sometimes you just happen to stumble upon streams that some nefarious person has posted online.
paul nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:25   #1174
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I agree with you Chad as a strategy its a blinder the only reason I'm not tempted is purely no infinity in my area and last time I had BT Broadband contention was an issue some nights.
Someone told us weeks ago in the SKY thread that they had participated in a BT focus group which highlighted BT's intention to offer the channel free with their broadband to BT and SKY customers. I can't remember the original posters name however full credit to them for giving us the heads up weeks in advance.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:26   #1175
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Do we think Sky customers who get these BT Sports channels will be available via Sky Go?
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:28   #1176
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Do we think Sky customers who get these BT Sports channels will be available via Sky Go?
Don't think so Paul as BT are launching their own app
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:29   #1177
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul nolan View Post
If not, sometimes you just happen to stumble upon streams that some nefarious person has posted online.
I tend to find you have to be searching for illegal streams to "stumble upon" them

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
It is unlikely unless a carriage deal is signed between BT and SKY. It looks like a carriage deal between the 2 is more unlikely than ever.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:31   #1178
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm certainly not switching suppliers for the few Saints Premier League Games that will be amongst their 38 Premier League Games.

If its made available to me on Virgin, I'll pay for it. If not, sometimes you just happen to stumble upon streams that some nefarious person has posted online.
Why pay?
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:40   #1179
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I am thinking of cancelling phone and BB with Sky and getting BT Inifitey (if availbe in area), need to calculate the costs and see which works best as i get free phone from Sky and only pay line retanl and £7.50 for BB but now ive moved its only 6MB
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:58   #1180
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

BT's strategy is clearly to increase BB numbers and their biggest 2 rivals are Sky and VM , on the face of it BT's offer for free BT Sports looks a good one especially for those who can get Infinity however I wouldn't at all be shocked to see Sky and VM react with new deals for instance Sky could bundle Sky Go Extra , HD charge , multiroom discounts in for triple play customers I certainly won't be making any knee jerk reactions just yet.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 14:18   #1181
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

For me Virgin have to offer xl customers something here. We are losing ESPN which is a reasonably sized part of the xl package attraction, BT are offering their sports free with BB. If there is no price reduction or an offer of a heavily discounted subscription available to BT sport I'll be pretty

It's a no brainer imo. There is no way they can justify charging the same price for xl without ESPN
Old 09-05-2013, 14:20   #1182
Mr Banana

Interesting how the markets have reacted to this news. BT down 2.5%, Sky down 6% andnTalk Talk down 9%. All of investment houses saying Sky will have to reduce their prices now , so could be the start of a price war which will be good for customers
Old 09-05-2013, 14:24   #1183
paul nolan
cf.addict

paul nolan is on a distinguished roadpaul nolan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
Why pay?
Because if the high def version is available for me to buy, its certainly better to have it on the TV. I certainly haven't got a problem in paying a fee for that.

I have got a problem with being blackmailed into getting a standard phone line installed so i can get BT services.
paul nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 14:28   #1184
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
BT's strategy is clearly to increase BB numbers and their biggest 2 rivals are Sky and VM , on the face of it BT's offer for free BT Sports looks a good one especially for those who can get Infinity however I wouldn't at all be shocked to see Sky and VM react with new deals for instance Sky could bundle Sky Go Extra , HD charge , multiroom discounts in for triple play customers I certainly won't be making any knee jerk reactions just yet.
How many customers are that bothered about sky go extra?

Actually lowering the prices for the content itself rather than discounting unnecessary add-ons would be the only way to genuinely attract interest

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Quote:
Because if the high def version is available for me to buy, its certainly better to have it on the TV. I certainly haven't got a problem in paying a fee for that.

I have got a problem with being blackmailed into getting a standard phone line installed so i can get BT services.
I see, you have bb with virgin but no phone line?
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 14:32   #1185
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Yes, it is a wait and see.

i am out of contract, so depends on best price. At moment I get all from Sky, but I am a money hore (misspelt because of the kids on here ), so will wait and see who gives me best price for content
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote