Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 15-06-2013, 13:12   #1921
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
After the newspaper ads by BT this week I get a sinking feeling that VM will not be getting BT Sports...
With the amount of money BT have spent they will absolutely have to offer it to VM!
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-06-2013, 13:13   #1922
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I notice that if you take infinity, they are giving you £100 sainsbury cash card (I got the £50 )
Not in my area
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 13:14   #1923
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
With the amount of money BT have spent they will absolutely have to offer it to VM!
Adverts in the press this week go against this - we are waiting for someone to scan them on (I did not see the ads myself)
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 13:31   #1924
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Ads will state VM when the deal is done!
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 13:33   #1925
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Ads will state VM when the deal is done!
Or they will never state VM, if BT don't want VM
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 13:41   #1926
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Adverts in the press this week go against this - we are waiting for someone to scan them on (I did not see the ads myself)

Me neither!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 14:03   #1927
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

What papers run the ads last week? The Sun, The Star, The Mirror, The Metro etc...?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 15:05   #1928
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
What papers run the ads last week? The Sun, The Star, The Mirror, The Metro etc...?
Not sure but several have mentioned the ads on here in the past few days
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 15:12   #1929
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Not sure but several have mentioned the ads on here in the past few days
I personally have not seen the ads.

It all comes down to the wording, and small print. For example BT can claim just now that:

"You can't get BT Sports on Virgin Media so join BT"

It's a true statement. At the moment BT Sports is not on the Virgin platform.

If however the ads suggest:

"BT Sports will never launch on Virgin Media so now is a great time to move to BT"

Then I would be worried, if I was a Virgin customer.

There is always a bending of the truth with these type of adverts
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 15:18   #1930
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I personally have not seen the ads.

It all comes down to the wording, and small print. For example BT can claim just now that:

"You can't get BT Sports on Virgin Media so join BT"

It's a true statement. At the moment BT Sports is not on the Virgin platform.

If however the ads suggest:

"BT Sports will never launch on Virgin Media so now is a great time to move to BT"

Then I would be worried, if I was a Virgin customer.

There is always a bending of the truth with these type of adverts
Very true. Only thing you can say is...you can get BT sport on sky or BT
Old 15-06-2013, 15:51   #1931
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Very true. Only thing you can say is...you can get BT sport on sky or BT
And it will in my humble opinion be on VM as well before the start of August.
Old 15-06-2013, 17:39   #1932
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Even IF it comes to VM (and i really think BT dont want it too) there can't be anybody who doesn't think they will end up paying the full price, nothing less, nothing free like people where hoping 3 months ago and i would put my house on only ESPN being available in HD.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2013, 18:20   #1933
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Even if it comes to Virgin, I'm not convinced many will really go for it. I won't, even though with 18 top picks they'll be showing a lot of Palace (), so I think the argument that Bt have to open it up to Virgin customers to recoup some of their investment is mistaken - I simply don't believe the take up on Virgin will make it worth their while.
Old 15-06-2013, 18:29   #1934
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Even if it comes to Virgin, I'm not convinced many will really go for it. I won't, even though with 18 top picks they'll be showing a lot of Palace (), so I think the argument that Bt have to open it up to Virgin customers to recoup some of their investment is mistaken - I simply don't believe the take up on Virgin will make it worth their while.
You made me laugh with the palace reference
Old 16-06-2013, 12:40   #1935
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Agreed Andy, I think VM know the take up at £15 a month extra will be so small, that it might not be worth doing a deal, but they should be looking at it from the point of view that those people may well leave Virgin Media if a deal can't be done.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote