Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Just upgraded

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Just upgraded

Old 13-10-2019, 14:25   #1
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100
Just upgraded

Our contract ended yesterday so i called VM and upgraded to the Oomph bundle top tier package and the included unlimited SIM is going to be handy for me too.

We are only paying £10 a month more than before and getting a lot more included.
Old 13-10-2019, 14:30   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Just upgraded

Be advised the unlimited sim doesn't give you unlimited data in the EU when on vacation.
Old 13-10-2019, 14:39   #3
philwhite100
This tastes nice

philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Be advised the unlimited sim doesn't give you unlimited data in the EU when on vacation.
Yes i am aware of that thank you.
Old 14-10-2019, 23:20   #4
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by philwhite100 View Post
Our contract ended yesterday so i called VM and upgraded to the Oomph bundle top tier package and the included unlimited SIM is going to be handy for me too.

We are only paying £10 a month more than before and getting a lot more included.
I got the same deal in May this year and find the 500mb speeds to be very intermittent I find I can only get 500 mb ish by rebooting the Superhub and my mobile and then I'll get it at 1am when I was on 200mb I would get that day in day out roughly 218mb, but as 500mb was just released it makes me wondered if it was too early hope you get good speedtest?
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 22:26   #5
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Quote:
Yes i am aware of that thank you.
I have now got the sim card in the phone and the app installed and it says the following.

Use your mobile in the EU at no extra cost.

With Roam Like Home, use your allowance of minutes, texts and data anywhere in the EU just as you would in the UK
Old 15-10-2019, 23:35   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I have now got the sim card in the phone and the app installed and it says the following.

With Roam Like Home, use your allowance of minutes, texts and data anywhere in the EU just as you would in the UK
Definitely not unlimited data in the EU.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...&postcount=275

Last edited by SnoopZ; 15-10-2019 at 23:50.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 00:18   #7
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Fair usage policy applies, does it say that?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 23:15   #8
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Fair usage policy applies, does it say that?
Yes it does. I don't intend going stupid with my data anyway. I was on Tesco before and my data limit was 1gb a month and that was costing me a tenner a month on a sim only dealing i rarely went over that. I got the VM Unlimited SIM as part of the Oomph package i have just upgraded to.
Old 17-10-2019, 17:31   #9
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Virgin Media have been very confused about this and were originally saying that the SIM was unique and totally unlimited in the EU. They now have got their act together. Your allowance is 13.75 Gb per month in the EU.

They have also updated the FUP calculator. https://store.virginmedia.com/FUP-Calculator.html
roughbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 18:09   #10
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Virgin Media have been very confused about this and were originally saying that the SIM was unique and totally unlimited in the EU. They now have got their act together. Your allowance is 13.75 Gb per month in the EU.

They have also updated the FUP calculator. https://store.virginmedia.com/FUP-Calculator.html
Without wanting an argument, there was hardly anything confusing about the FUP which you were told numerous times existed on roam like home which it stated in your legal terms and conditions of the package you signed, you just didn't want to believe this.

Yes VM staff were getting it wrong. (Not the first time they were wrong and wont be the last)
Yes the calculator could have been better explaining the cost of your sim.

But above all that you wanted to ignore the legal terms and conditions. I get why you wouldn't want to ignore VM staff but a bit of common sense would have went a long way here.
Old 17-10-2019, 19:00   #11
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Without wanting an argument, there was hardly anything confusing about the FUP which you were told numerous times existed on roam like home which it stated in your legal terms and conditions of the package you signed, you just didn't want to believe this.

Yes VM staff were getting it wrong. (Not the first time they were wrong and wont be the last)
Yes the calculator could have been better explaining the cost of your sim.

But above all that you wanted to ignore the legal terms and conditions. I get why you wouldn't want to ignore VM staff but a bit of common sense would have went a long way here.
That was precisely the problem. Virgin Media staff got it wrong. 1) The Ooomph team believed and said that the SIM was truly unique and unlimited. They told me directly, after speaking to managers, that it was NOT subject to FUP regarding data limits. 2) The FUP calculator asked users to enter what their SIM cost. Oooomph customers could only enter £0.00 because there was no stated fee for their SIM.(The cost was embedded in a discounted package) The calculator told them they had no data allowance in the EU! 3) I didn't ignore the legal terms. The legal terms were unclear. On the day of Sale I was told that the SIM was unlimited in the EU! Common sense doesn't even enter into it. Customers believe what sales teams tell them or they have nothing to go on. They are the experts, you would think. When I raised the issue with them after using shed loads of data, they stated that the rest of Virgin Media hadn't caught up yet! THat's how sure they were, right up to department management.

This wasn't just a regular, minor, Virgin Media cock up. This was Virgin Media in full "things fall apart, the centre cannot hold' mode.

As I have reported earlier. Virgin Media have apologised profusely for misleading me and other customers and say they have now put things right. Naturally, they declined to put their apology in writing with a full explanation for the cock up.
roughbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 19:43   #12
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
That was precisely the problem. Virgin Media staff got it wrong. 1) The Ooomph team believed and said that the SIM was truly unique and unlimited. They told me directly, after speaking to managers, that it was NOT subject to FUP regarding data limits. 2) The FUP calculator asked users to enter what their SIM cost. Oooomph customers could only enter £0.00 because there was no stated fee for their SIM.(The cost was embedded in a discounted package) The calculator told them they had no data allowance in the EU! 3) I didn't ignore the legal terms. The legal terms were unclear. On the day of Sale I was told that the SIM was unlimited in the EU! Common sense doesn't even enter into it. Customers believe what sales teams tell them or they have nothing to go on. They are the experts, you would think. When I raised the issue with them after using shed loads of data, they stated that the rest of Virgin Media hadn't caught up yet! THat's how sure they were, right up to department management.

This wasn't just a regular, minor, Virgin Media cock up. This was Virgin Media in full "things fall apart, the centre cannot hold' mode.

As I have reported earlier. Virgin Media have apologised profusely for misleading me and other customers and say they have now put things right. Naturally, they declined to put their apology in writing with a full explanation for the cock up.
The legal terms were not unclear. It stated fair usage policy applies to the oomph bundles on roam like home, this was pointed out to you from the beginning. I don't disagree VM got it wrong, I'm saying if you had read the terms and conditions which are the legal part of your contract, you might have not went abroad and used as much data as you could. You can have 10 people telling you one thing, but if the legal terms say different, you stick to the legal terms, the terms that will have been read by lawyers to make sure they stay legal. This is were the common sense comes into it, VM doesnt own the network you connect to when abroad, they simply cant offer unlimited roaming.