Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 29-08-2015, 15:32   #6061
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse , a game with no Michael Owen and we are subjected to Robbie Savage
Had exactly the same thought

Robbie & Owen surplus to requirements in the commentary box, just having Hoddle without either of them would be so much better.

Sort that out and the logos and then BT's coverage would be pretty good. Ian Wright was on great form today.

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

In other news, I see Sky Sports News are making a big deal about winning the rights to show the Pakistan tests, something that would probably have hardly been a headline a few weeks ago.
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-08-2015, 17:03   #6062
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

BT should employ Andy Gray, best there is.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 18:26   #6063
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
BT should employ Andy Gray, best there is.
Agree 100%.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 18:49   #6064
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes l quite agree chaps.
Old 29-08-2015, 20:02   #6065
Khenryashley
Freedom for smokers

Services: VM. 3 boxes ( 1 x TiVo 2 x V6) 350 mbps BB
Khenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes l quite agree chaps.
Don't think he will leave is mate Richard. The pair seem inseparable.
They seem to be doing quite well on Bein sports. Didn't realise how big Bein Sport have got.
Khenryashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 20:16   #6066
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

What platform is Bein Sport on? What football do they show?
Old 29-08-2015, 20:40   #6067
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
What platform is Bein Sport on? What football do they show?
I'm pretty sure they're Qatar based and have satellite and internet operations throughout the Middle East. I subscribed to their service a while ago but cancelled after a couple of weeks as the promised Premier League games weren't being shown on their internet channels. From memory, they had a couple of dozen sports channels and covered football from all over the world, rugby, cricket etc. etc. They also had general entertainment & documentary channels as well as numerous movie channels similar to those that Sky offer. It's a big operation and I don't think they're short of a bob or two.
tassiekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 21:14   #6068
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
I'm pretty sure they're Qatar based and have satellite and internet operations throughout the Middle East. subscribed to their service a while ago but cancelled after a couple of weeks as the promised Premier League games weren't being shown on their internet channels. From memory, they had a couple of dozen sports channels and covered football from all over the world, rugby, cricket etc. etc. They also had general entertainment & documentary channels as well as numerous movie channels similar to those that Sky offer. It's a big operation and I don't think they're short of a bob or two.
So anyone with a computer could subscribe I guess? Can you get any of their channels on the a Sky box,I.e. by manually tuning in?
Old 29-08-2015, 21:35   #6069
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
So anyone with a computer could subscribe I guess? Can you get any of their channels on the a Sky box,I.e. by manually tuning in?
No, the satellite footprint is restricted to the Middle East & N. Africa. They weren't too fussy about taking my money but a lot of their football rights don't allow internet transmission, which is what I wanted - they refunded my money very quickly and without any hassles.

Not too sure if Premier League Pass operating out of NZ may be worth looking at.
tassiekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 22:20   #6070
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
No, the satellite footprint is restricted to the Middle East & N. Africa. They weren't too fussy about taking my money but a lot of their football rights don't allow internet transmission, which is what I wanted - they refunded my money very quickly and without any hassles.

Not too sure if Premier League Pass operating out of NZ may be worth looking at.
OK thanks for that. Does sound like it's not for me as I only like football when it comes to sport
Old 30-08-2015, 13:05   #6071
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
OK thanks for that. Does sound like it's not for me as I only like football when it comes to sport
You may be interested in this thread then

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...71817&page=276

I've linked to the last page but if you go backwards you'll get the idea. Don't start from the beginning because the thread was started 2 years ago.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2015, 14:06   #6072
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
You may be interested in this thread then

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...71817&page=276

I've linked to the last page but if you go backwards you'll get the idea. Don't start from the beginning because the thread was started 2 years ago.
Thanks for that will have to read it properly when I haven't been drinking
Old 31-08-2015, 08:09   #6073
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Green Bay @ Chicago to be shown live on Pick TV on the 13th September.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2015, 12:30   #6074
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

How much is sky sports and hd package on m+?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2015, 15:57   #6075
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
How much is sky sports and hd package on m+?
HD is £7 SS is £29.95 I think

The legal stuff looks wrong

Sky Sports HD & Sky Movies HD: You must subscribe to Sky Sports and/or Sky Movies in SD to take these channels in HD. Sky Sports 3 HD and Sky Sports 4 HD are not included. Sky Movies Premiere +1 not available in HD. It's £7 a month for Sky Sports and Sky Movies in HD.

All Sky sports channels are available in HD
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote