Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal
Closed Thread

Old 18-09-2019, 21:13   #151
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
The liar has been lied to. Wonder how it feels?
That is their position. Boris is deal or no deal 31st Oct. Let's wait to see what happens.

I would prefer no deal because that would not be about trade but still restricting us which I did not vote for.

If I were Boris I would say OK BYE!
Advertisement
Old 18-09-2019, 21:13   #152
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Looking at alternative scenarios is not ignorance, jfman. You do it all the time, don't you?

Pot, kettle, black...
Don't make me laugh Old Boy. Your post lasted one reply before you moved on to another point entirely
Old 18-09-2019, 21:13   #153
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
In fairness, he could offer you the best deal in the world and you'd still not approve because it came from him.
Just like Parliament and May then?
Old 18-09-2019, 21:14   #154
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Just like Parliament and May then?
Not sure your point other than to get into an argument over nothing. I don't think anyone would describe that as "the best deal in the world" from a UK perspective.
Old 18-09-2019, 21:15   #155
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
That is their position. Boris is deal or no deal 31st Oct. Let's wait to see what happens.

I would prefer no deal because that would not be about trade but still restricting us which I did not vote for.

If I were Boris I would say OK BYE!
That may be the plan!
Old 18-09-2019, 21:17   #156
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I think our Parliament being suspended is very Soviet. An apt comparison.
One could argue that our Parliament rejecting a democratic decision equally.......Soviet.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

Quote:
I know its function. Haven’t needed one for two years, don’t need one before October 31st.
A new PM with new ideas, is well within his rights to put his ideas to the nation with a queens Speech.
Old 18-09-2019, 21:17   #157
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Don't make me laugh Old Boy. Your post lasted one reply before you moved on to another point entirely
I will not allow you to keep taking us around in circles. I am not answering every single pedantic point you make. That would just make me about as bad as you!

Let's move on. Nothing to see here.

God, I shall be glad when we've finally left.
Old 18-09-2019, 21:19   #158
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
One could argue that our Parliament rejecting a democratic decision equally.......Soviet.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

A new PM with new ideas, is well within his rights to put his ideas to the nation with a queens Speech.
I've addresed both of those points elsewhere. No November election then?

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I will not allow you to keep taking us around in circles. I am not answering every single pedantic point you make. That would just make me about as bad as you!

Let's move on. Nothing to see here.

God, I shall be glad when we've finally left.
Feel free to not enter the Brexit developments thread if you don't want to discuss the legal challenge to prorogation.
Old 18-09-2019, 21:21   #159
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Feel free to not enter the Brexit developments thread if you don't want to discuss the legal challenge to prorogation.
The discussion is up to the supreme court, no one else.
Old 18-09-2019, 21:22   #160
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Not sure your point other than to get into an argument over nothing. I don't think anyone would describe that as "the best deal in the world" from a UK perspective.
May could have brought back the moon in a silver bow mounted between golden antlers and Corbyn would have voted against it, because he wanted an election ( go figure). Whereas the LibDems, SNP and the Green would have voted against anything that enabled Brexit.
Old 18-09-2019, 21:22   #161
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
The discussion is up to the supreme court, no one else.
I refer you to Mick's post number 1 in this very thread.
Old 18-09-2019, 21:23   #162
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
An election after we have left? Absolutely.
Old 18-09-2019, 21:25   #163
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
May could have brought back the moon in a silver bow mounted between golden antlers and Corbyn would have voted against it, because he wanted an election ( go figure). Whereas the LibDems, SNP and the Green would have voted against anything that enabled Brexit.
My point was Mick's views on Guy Verhofstadt. Not to start a journey on the road already well trodden about May's deal.
Old 18-09-2019, 21:25   #164
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

So what is the mystery deal that Parliament would actually approve? None of them seem to want to say. The nearest thing supposedly is the EU removing THEIR insistence on the backstop. Surely the EU would be sensible in recognising that they can either deal with the issues on Nov 1st 2019 or Jan 1st 2021. Their choice.
Old 18-09-2019, 21:25   #165
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
An election after we have left? Absolutely.
That might suit Mr Corbyn very well particularly if its a no deal chaos. He might be playing a blinder
Closed Thread