Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ebay Treasure Hunt

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Kazaalite ++

Old 14-12-2004, 21:16   #1
The Slow Pawn
Inactive

The Slow Pawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Kazaalite ++

I used to use Kazaalite ++ a lot. Now it connects and disconnects after about 2 minutes. It doesn't re-connect (at least not for a few hours). If (within these 2 minutes) a download has started then it get's abandoned after the initial part was send over to me and the download simply doesn't carry on ... I find this very frustrating as I have used Kazaalite ++ for quite a time and I've never had any problems with it ...

Anyone a quick fix for it ??

Thanks
Boris
The Slow Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-12-2004, 21:17   #2
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking
Re: Kazaalite ++

Maybe because Sharman are trying to shut it down?
poolking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2004, 21:52   #3
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolking
Maybe because Sharman are trying to shut it down?
Yeah i have to agree on that. I would think its to stop all the contrerversy over illegal music and members of the public getting sued.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2004, 22:12   #4
Jon M
Inactive

Services: Rural BB - Radio Link via Virgin Fibre
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Jon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze arrayJon M has a bronze array
Send a message via MSN to Jon M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne A
Yeah i have to agree on that. I would think its to stop all the contrerversy over illegal music and members of the public getting sued.
I doubt Sharman are that noble... the incentive as I see it is £ÃÆ ’‚£Ãà¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£ .. plain and simple.
Sharman networks make huge amounts from making their software "adware".
Kazaalite is just taking that revenue stream out of the equation.
Jon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2004, 23:43   #5
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1lv3r
Quote:
I doubt Sharman are that noble... the incentive as I see it is £ÃÆ ’‚£Ãà¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£ .. plain and simple.
Sharman networks make huge amounts from making their software "adware".
Kazaalite is just taking that revenue stream out of the equation.
The thing that bugs me is that why would anyone want to cram their software with spyware?
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2004, 23:47   #6
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
The thing that bugs me is that why would anyone want to cram their software with spyware?
<puts on a mask shaped like a novelty condom>

I can think of two reasons:

1. Money

and

2. Money

Now, I know that technically speaking that's only one reason - but I thought it was such a big one that it was worth mentioning twice
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2004, 00:08   #7
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking

I was under the impression that Sharman Networks never endorsed Kazaalite?

Someone else got hold of Kazaa and ripped the spyware out of it and then distributed as Kazaalite and that is why they are trying to shut it down.
poolking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2004, 09:03   #8
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

Klite rocked for a while sadly now it is riddled with unsavory stuff, recently had kids searching for pokemon videos and images on there searching under everything.

Needless to say after about the 50th result came up, I uninstalled the program and vowed to never use it again.

Alot of sicko's on that site now.

AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote